IGNORED

James Bond 25 (Merged)

phantom

On 04/12/2019 at 15:26, Selred said:

Yes that's 007. 

James is retired. Therefore his double 0 status is available for another agent.

Waiting with popcorn for people kicking off about 007 being a woman, no problem for me as its completely separate from James Bond and looks like well handled. 

• Admin

The producer of the James Bond films has ruled out making the character female after Daniel Craig's departure.

No Time To Die, which will be released in April, marks Craig's final outing as 007, and his replacement has not yet been announced.

"James Bond can be of any colour, but he is male," producer Barbara Broccoli told Variety.

"I believe we should be creating new characters for women - strong female characters.

"I'm not particularly interested in taking a male character and having a woman play it. I think women are far more interesting than that."

The forthcoming Bond film will see actress Lashana Lynch play a female 00 agent after Craig's Bond has left active service.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51133194

2 hours ago, phantom said:

The producer of the James Bond films has ruled out making the character female after Daniel Craig's departure.

No Time To Die, which will be released in April, marks Craig's final outing as 007, and his replacement has not yet been announced.

"James Bond can be of any colour, but he is male," producer Barbara Broccoli told Variety.

"I believe we should be creating new characters for women - strong female characters.

"I'm not particularly interested in taking a male character and having a woman play it. I think women are far more interesting than that."

The forthcoming Bond film will see actress Lashana Lynch play a female 00 agent after Craig's Bond has left active service.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51133194

Good. All this political correctness is getting out of hand

38 minutes ago, hodge said:

I would much prefer the option of say a 002 or something being a woman, introduce her in a film working with Bond, if she's well received make a spin off film along the lines of Atomic Blonde with the action of that/John Wick etc

You mean exactly like in the new film where Lashana Lynch plays 007 (after Bond leaves the service)?

lynch.jpg?itok=JKSC-BhM

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

You mean exactly like in the new film where Lashana Lynch plays 007 (after Bond leaves the service)?

lynch.jpg?itok=JKSC-BhM

Yeah aware she's in it and her role, just waiting to see what she's like and what she does, atm has a similar feel to Rosamund Pike's character and could be secondary villain

3 hours ago, sephjnr said:

Yup. Cyncial and calculated.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of films delayed if there is a massive surge in cases over the next month, the studios won't want to miss out on hundreds of millions because of a virus

15 hours ago, hodge said:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of films delayed if there is a massive surge in cases over the next month, the studios won't want to miss out on hundreds of millions because of a virus

They wouldn't be 'missing out' on squat if the relevant media would kindly quit playing up blind panic. They'd be getting the same money stretched out over a longer period of time, not counting the extra 7 months of HYPE HYPE HYPE they're now fapping to. 

I ended up watching all of the Moore and Dalton movies when I was on furlough and very much looking forward to this now. I must say that giving Bond a black fiery female sidekick is a concern of mine, please god don't be a box ticking exercise that turns into a mistake. I will try to watch it with an open mind and hopefully good things come to those that wait.