Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

James Bond 25 (Merged)


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

He's 43. Only slightly older than Brosnan and Dalton when they took on the role. And he's 3 years younger than Moore who did 7 movies.

But I agree with you, they should be going with somebody younger and somebody more unknown. Hardy will only do 1 or 2 as he's too famous and will want to move on and do other things. The same problems go for Idris Elba, too old and too famous.

Someone like James Norton would be my preference. Although even he is 35 which I find slightly too old.

I want something like what happened with Craig in Casino Royale where you saw him become a 00, and then now he's a retired agent. Give the next Bond a full set of films.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardy would be good. I think the franchise needs a rethink and reboot.

At this point, as much as i don't like Cruise, the last few Mission Impossible films have done these sort of movies better..

 

Edited by Gazred
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Hardy would be good. I think the franchise needs a rethink and reboot.

At this point, as much as i don't like Cruise, the last few Mission Impossible films have done these sort of movies better..

 

I liked the idea that someone made a while ago (not on here) that they do a hard reboot and go back to the 60's with the story lines. Something different. Doubt anyone involved  would go with it though. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gazred said:

I think the franchise needs a rethink and reboot.

I think they need to go look at Casino Royale (one of the best ever Bonds) and some extent Skyfall and work up why they were good films and stick to this path. 

Craig has been dealt some absolute garbage, particularly with Quantum of Solace. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2020 at 19:06, BS2 Red said:

He's 43. Only slightly older than Brosnan and Dalton when they took on the role. And he's 3 years younger than Moore who did 7 movies.

But I agree with you, they should be going with somebody younger and somebody more unknown. Hardy will only do 1 or 2 as he's too famous and will want to move on and do other things. The same problems go for Idris Elba, too old and too famous.

If you're going with a 43 year old I'd rather Fassbender. If you're going a-lister I'd say Henry Cavill but I think he's just extended his run as Superman and don't see him juggling 2 top tier franchises. Richard Madden is a good shout, was excellent in Game of Thrones and Bodyguard, think I actually have money on him to be the next Bond :laugh: Outside shouts for me would be Sam Claflin, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, if he bulked up a bit Thomas Brodie-Sangster? Would say though if you were casting a 'James Bond like' character for a different film my pick would be Daniel Kaluuya. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Batman said:

I liked the idea that someone made a while ago (not on here) that they do a hard reboot and go back to the 60's with the story lines. Something different. Doubt anyone involved  would go with it though. 

With the way CGI is advancing, it won't be long before they could do a new Connery Bond movie with it being impossible to tell it's a computer character.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

With the way CGI is advancing, it won't be long before they could do a new Connery Bond movie with it being impossible to tell it's a computer character.

Wasted a lot of time playing this. My favourite bond film made into a computer game.

Badly dated now but at the time, it was immense. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

What is everybody’s favourite Bond film?

It has to be Goldfinger for me. Pure class! 

Mentioned it in an earlier post, mine is From Russia With Love. 

Agree with @Lrrr, goldeneye is a quality film. Probably my 3rd favourite behind Thunderball. FRWL has always been my favourite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Selred said:

Casino Royale

Man With The Golden Gun

On Her Majestys Secrets Service 

This one is considered one of the worst Bond movies of all time but I really like it too. It's really fun, it has great bad guys, some stunning locations, great bond girls (although goodnight's character is a bit meh), and great opening and closing scenes. I think lots of people hate the sgt pepper character but I remember as a kid thinking he was a good character too and even now I don't find him too gimmicky.

As for a no.1 movie I probably need to watch the Connery ones again to check but it's got to be one of his.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

This one is considered one of the worst Bond movies of all time but I really like it too. It's really fun, it has great bad guys, some stunning locations, great bond girls (although goodnight's character is a bit meh), and great opening and closing scenes. I think lots of people hate the sgt pepper character but I remember as a kid thinking he was a good character too and even now I don't find him too gimmicky.

As for a no.1 movie I probably need to watch the Connery ones again to check but it's got to be one of his.

Goodnight? Goodnight? Goodnight? 

Good night sir 😆😅😂🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

This one is considered one of the worst Bond movies of all time but I really like it too. It's really fun, it has great bad guys, some stunning locations, great bond girls (although goodnight's character is a bit meh), and great opening and closing scenes. I think lots of people hate the sgt pepper character but I remember as a kid thinking he was a good character too and even now I don't find him too gimmicky.

As for a no.1 movie I probably need to watch the Connery ones again to check but it's got to be one of his.

I have always liked Man With The Golden Gun. One of the better ones I think! Another favourite is Octopussy, one of Moore’s best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

I have always liked Man With The Golden Gun. One of the better ones I think! Another favourite is Octopussy, one of Moore’s best.

From the Moore films I'm not a massive fan of Octopussy to be honest (but the bad guys are pretty cool), although I dislike Moonraker even more (I like the locations and the bond girls in that). Just my opinion that the movies are too jokey but so is man with golden gun so really I'm being a hypocrite.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/09/2020 at 20:06, BS2 Red said:

He's 43. Only slightly older than Brosnan and Dalton when they took on the role. And he's 3 years younger than Moore who did 7 movies.

But I agree with you, they should be going with somebody younger and somebody more unknown. Hardy will only do 1 or 2 as he's too famous and will want to move on and do other things. The same problems go for Idris Elba, too old and too famous.

I wasn't available 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed it has been delayed, I would have gone to the cinema to try and give them support. Recently watched Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace(better than I remembered, horrible action scene editing and the title song aside) and if Craig can put on a performance like in those or Skyfall then it should be a pretty good watch. Watched a couple of Brosnan movies too and they are now looking very dated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...