Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

James Bond 25 (Merged)


Recommended Posts

On 04/10/2020 at 01:46, Lrrr said:

Could kill off some small cinemas, the one where I live has temporarily closed and was going to reopen for bond, probably won’t open till April now if it reopens at all

Yep. This feels like a very risky move by the distributors. There’s no point in delaying the film for cinema screening if no cinemas are left to show it. Could have foreseen it being shown on every screen in some cinemas in November due to limited other releases and cashing in, but now there is a definite chance that the revenue brought in will be that much more reduced. I’d bet Cineworld would have stayed open if Bond hadn’t moved....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do any famous figures remind you of Bond Villains?

 

Which Bond Villain Would You Rather Vote For Over Trump ...

Scott Dworkin on Twitter: "“Trump closed the door behind me and threw me  against the wall, banged my head, also was trying to press his lips against  mine. It got very serious.

Max Zorin is a very good match for a young Donald Trump, he ended up falling to his death from the golden gate bridge after his plan to destroy America failed... 

President Santos vs James Bond - Richard McCollRichard McColl

Jurgen Klopp admits he would quit Liverpool after winning the Premier  League if his heart told him to go | The Independent | The Independent

Is Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp actually a hired assassin named Locque? Might explain why the person behind VAR has given his team so many benefits of the doubt.

Bill Gates | Bill gates, Evler, Galeri

Apparently this is the inside of Bill Gate's home, Dr No much? And just to confirm Gates is definitely not a doctor!

Edited by Baba Yaga
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

Bill Gates | Bill gates, Evler, Galeri

Apparently this is the inside of Bill Gate's home, Dr No much? And just to confirm Gates is definitely not a doctor!

Surely thats a picture, not an actual tank, or otherwise has Bill Gates hired the worlds tallest man to scuba diver?

Link to post
Share on other sites

When they say insane numbers I wonder how close they're talking to the production cost, if the studio can make their money back they may see it as close as a win for now rather than an a bit better than Inception level returns. 

If it was sorted soon, could imagine a christmas debut for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Wikipedia, No Time To Die had a budget of $250million.

I guess they'll want to make a profit, so it'd cost a streaming service at least $300million?

I don't know how much Amazon paid for Borat 2, but that would have been a much lower budget film. If Netflix/Apple/Amazon pay for Bond, it's hard to see how they'd ever make their money back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Some films are just built for the big screen though. Would be a shame but how much more do they kick the can down the road hoping for cinema's to reopen. 

You're the Batman, I'm sure you have a cinema at Wayne Manor.... ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, The Batman said:

That Bruce Wayne is an absolute tool. Thankfully we've managed to avoid being in the same room as one another for years now. 

I’m sure Batman therefore wouldn’t react to someone simply saying ‘Martha’....... :fear:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2020 at 08:16, Selred said:

If this goes to a streaming service it'll be the final nail in the coffin for cinemas sadly. 

I’ve still kind of expected a movie studio to experiment with buying a cinema chain and release their films in them. They’d get entire ticket sales and confectionary income, only a couple of screens to account for less films. But could be filmed if 2/3 teamed up, they plan their release dates around the others and could have a cinema filled with release dates year round. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I’ve still kind of expected a movie studio to experiment with buying a cinema chain and release their films in them. They’d get entire ticket sales and confectionary income, only a couple of screens to account for less films. But could be filmed if 2/3 teamed up, they plan their release dates around the others and could have a cinema filled with release dates year round. 

Isn't that just a normal cinema? I mean most commercial films are only from a handful of studios... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Selred said:

Isn't that just a normal cinema? I mean most commercial films are only from a handful of studios... 

yeah but studios only take a portion of ticket sales don’t they? Could be more viable for them if they received everything rather than the cinema chain making money. I can’t see them wanting to put everything out on streaming services even if there’s a charge, look how little Mulan made compared to other Disney remakes of animated films. Being in cinemas is what they want. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

yeah but studios only take a portion of ticket sales don’t they? Could be more viable for them if they received everything rather than the cinema chain making money. I can’t see them wanting to put everything out on streaming services even if there’s a charge, look how little Mulan made compared to other Disney remakes of animated films. Being in cinemas is what they want. 

Cinema's arent the profit maker you think they are. It makes much more sense to lease the films to cinema chains who already have the set up, in locations etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Selred said:

Cinema's arent the profit maker you think they are. It makes much more sense to lease the films to cinema chains who already have the set up, in locations etc.

Yeah but I’m talking about an alternative to streaming rather than being the final nail in the coffin for cinema chains. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lrrr said:

Yeah but I’m talking about an alternative to streaming rather than being the final nail in the coffin for cinema chains. 

But why not just show it in cinemas rather than set their own up? 

There is no benefit for them to set up their own, it won't be worth the investment. 

The reason isn't the cinemas are taking a %, but streaming services are offering a lot of money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Selred said:

But why not just show it in cinemas rather than set their own up? 

There is no benefit for them to set up their own, it won't be worth the investment. 

The reason isn't the cinemas are taking a %, but streaming services are offering a lot of money.

Sorry probably not explaining it well, rather than cinema chains all but going bust and streaming services becoming the norm to release new films, im suggesting studios take over the existing facilities of cinema chains rather than those chains go unused and out of business completely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Sorry probably not explaining it well, rather than cinema chains all but going bust and streaming services becoming the norm to release new films, im suggesting studios take over the existing facilities of cinema chains rather than those chains go unused and out of business completely.

But the reason they are going bust is because of the pandemic plus films being sold to streaming services.

Just sell the films to cinemas first, and then cinemas would survive. Bond should of been the saviour of the cinemas this winter, now they are running dross left over and no-one wants to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the whole box set in the loft somewhere but I can't be arsed to go and find it. Maybe in the new year I will have a look. 

Quantum of Solace was on itv2 last night. Said earlier in this thread that even though its the worst film I've ever seen, gonna watch it again to see if it as awful as I remember. 

Olga Kurylenko though. 💪💪💪💪

MV5BNmVhY2Q1Y2UtMzJlYS00OTVkLTkzMDgtN2Qz

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...