IGNORED

saturdays ref Gavin Ward

Never to the dark side

Usually a rubbish ref who will infuriate BOTH sets of fans and players by making nonsensical decisions, or none at all.  Just doesn’t understand “the game”.  Must’ve been last pick in the playground and seeking revenge.  I’m glad we aren’t playing a team like Preston....two footballing sides who play fairly means he might not have too much to do.

7EA8043A-DB60-4267-8826-DE3745B965D6.jpeg

Can I just say that last season we were down for Keith Stroud at Carrow Road, and then at kick off, as if by divine intervention, a ref a full foot taller than Keith, arrived and produced a brilliant officiating display.

I can only assume that the designated ref normally stays in a travel tavern just off the A11 and ends up going to a cracking owl sanctuary instead. ?

5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

from Surrey 

reffed our 1-0 away win at swansea

and the away game at  Rotherham in 0-0 draw

reffed 28 games with 88 yellows and two red cards

And was shocking (for both sides).

McBurnie being petulant twice deserved a yellow and got nothing, and then straight after booked one of ours (Watkins maybe) for nothing, plenty of free kicks for both sides for absolutely nothing. One of the worst refs ever to be seen.

15 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

from Surrey 

reffed our 1-0 away win at swansea

and the away game at  Rotherham in 0-0 draw

reffed 28 games with 88 yellows and two red cards

He actually from the Isle of Sheppey in Kent, I went to school with him!

Belter then......belter now!

19 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

He actually from the Isle of Sheppey in Kent, I went to school with him!

Belter then......belter now!

Isle of Sheppey eh?

Well, if City fans think that anyone from Swindon of magic round about fame, are six fingered inbreds, you ain't seen anything til you go to the Isle of Sheppey! 

Webbed hands and feet, scales all over their skin and eyesight worse than a worm. We'll get nothing today at Carrow Road except lots of grief!

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Isle of Sheppey eh?

Well, if City fans think that anyone from Swindon of magic round about fame, are six fingered inbreds, you ain't seen anything til you go to the Isle of Sheppey! 

Webbed hands and feet, scales all over their skin and eyesight worse than a worm. We'll get nothing today at Carrow Road except lots of grief!

I'll take that as you meant it.....if I went to school with him on the Isle of Sheppey........??

If the world needed an enema.....the Isle of Sheppey is where they would administer it 

(Off to play with my 7 fingered glove collection)

If you’re reading this Mr Ward we are just pulling your leg. We , as a united body of supporters, respect and appreciate your numerous qualities and professionalism in your capacity as referee and a top man.

We know that we can count on you not to be swayed by a partisan home crowd when we get our penalty in the 92nd minute.

:mafia:

21 hours ago, Olé said:

Can I just say that last season we were down for Keith Stroud at Carrow Road, and then at kick off, as if by divine intervention, a ref a full foot taller than Keith, arrived and produced a brilliant officiating display.

I can only assume that the designated ref normally stays in a travel tavern just off the A11 and ends up going to a cracking owl sanctuary instead. ?

I hadn`t realised until now that cracking owls were endangered.

When I first watched City nearly 40 years ago, the first thing that struck me was that whatever happened it was ALWAYS the ref's fault. The only reason City could ever do so much as even drop a point would never be down to the team, only a poor referee.

Thanks to the glory of the internet, now the ref can be blamed before the ball has even been kicked.

Never change City fans ???

10 hours ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

When I first watched City nearly 40 years ago, the first thing that struck me was that whatever happened it was ALWAYS the ref's fault. The only reason City could ever do so much as even drop a point would never be down to the team, only a poor referee.

Thanks to the glory of the internet, now the ref can be blamed before the ball has even been kicked.

Never change City fans ???

Not just City fans! Even ex Arsenal mangers too!

know what you mean, and I always feel happier criticising a ref when we've won (a la Blackburn) seems less like sour grapes. But he was crap yesterday. We'd probably still have lost with a better one though. 

Archived