IGNORED

The end of Coventry City?

phantom

10 hours ago, Xiled said:

Groundhog Day.....Coventry homeless and Bolton facing an imminent winding-up order.

Harsh I know but I'm struggling to be bothered about the fate of either club. We've been here before several times.

Including a certain club in 1982 that was minutes from extinction.

4 hours ago, CodeRed said:

True. But it wasn't plastered all over the Internet as the final, final, final act every six months (for obvious reasons). We were genuinely in the sh*t. Bad ownership in the modern game has been an ongoing problem for Coventry, Bolton, Hull and others. They've all overstretched themselves in the recent past and their owners don't want (or can't afford) to bale them out.

9 hours ago, Xiled said:

True. But it wasn't plastered all over the Internet as the final, final, final act every six months (for obvious reasons). We were genuinely in the sh*t. Bad ownership in the modern game has been an ongoing problem for Coventry, Bolton, Hull and others. They've all overstretched themselves in the recent past and their owners don't want (or can't afford) to bale them out.

All 3 ex premier league clubs.

16 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Correct we were, thankfully only the once unlike these two clubs especially Bolton in the Headlines about unpaid bills to every man and his dog every few months, it’s the supporters I feel for with these owners who in Bolton’s case has clearly bitten off more than he can chew, how he passed the EFL’s ‘fit and proper test’ I’ll never know, think I read somewhere that he cleaned out 1 may of even been 2 other businesses (criminally aswell) prior to becoming involved at Bolton but the EFL so say couldn’t hold his dodgy and snakey past against him on his seemingly pointless test as it was X amount of years ago.

Unbelievable :facepalm:

16 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

What about Coventry Rugby club Butts park arena

I thought I had heard that  one mentioned before .It's very basic as it stands, I would imagine it would struggle to cope with their average crowd. I cover Coventry with work and go there at least once a month. It is one of those places where everyone seems to support their local club,it would be a crying shame if they went under.

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Correct we were, thankfully only the once unlike these two clubs especially Bolton in the Headlines about unpaid bills to every man and his dog every few months, it’s the supporters I feel for with these owners who in Bolton’s case has clearly bitten off more than he can chew, how he passed the EFL’s ‘fit and proper test’ I’ll never know, think I read somewhere that he cleaned out 1 may of even been 2 other businesses (criminally aswell) prior to becoming involved at Bolton but the EFL so say couldn’t hold his dodgy and snakey past against him on his seemingly pointless test as it was X amount of years ago.

Unbelievable :facepalm:

.....although Bolton have issued an interesting statement this morning:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/club-statement/

Butts Park Stadium has only 1 stand and basically nothing on the other 3 sides.  There were talks between SISU and Coventry Rugby but SISU wanted the ground to be developed into a 25,000 seat stadium (not sure who was going to pay for that ) but the council said the roadworks required to facillitate the redevelopment would cost £25M and that the clubs would have to bear that cost - .Coventry Rugby can't and SISU won't......pay.  So that was that.

The solution is for SISU to drop the pointless legal action challenging the decision of the council to sell it's share of the stadium operating co. to Wasps. The High Court has already ruled in the councils favour stating everything was done correctly including an independent audit and valuation. SISU appealed...and lost again.  SISU asked for leave to appeal the Appeal(!)....annd a judge refused.  Now SISU are planning to appeal to the Supreme Court. 

5 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Butts Park Stadium has only 1 stand and basically nothing on the other 3 sides.  There were talks between SISU and Coventry Rugby but SISU wanted the ground to be developed into a 25,000 seat stadium (not sure who was going to pay for that ) but the council said the roadworks required to facillitate the redevelopment would cost £25M and that the clubs would have to bear that cost - .Coventry Rugby can't and SISU won't......pay.  So that was that.

The solution is for SISU to drop the pointless legal action challenging the decision of the council to sell it's share of the stadium operating co. to Wasps. The High Court has already ruled in the councils favour stating everything was done correctly including an independent audit and valuation. SISU appealed...and lost again.  SISU asked for leave to appeal the Appeal(!)....annd a judge refused.  Now SISU are planning to appeal to the Supreme Court. 

How can they appeal without leave to appeal?

Today (Sunday) driving home from near Norwich  I pulled off the M6 looking for a bit scram and thought might find something around the Ricoh.

Waste of time that was, thought might been a coffee shop (or similar to the Gate rather than rip off services.)  Waste of time.

As always will be amazed if not a deal  between all parties.   It is after all pretty decent for a modern 'bowl' stadium !   

Load  of press talk and CCFC will still be playing there.  it  is all posturing by those concerned !!. 

4 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Today Sunday driving home from near Norwich pulled off the M6 looking for a bit scram and thought might find something around the Ricoh.

Waste of time that was, thought might been a coffee shop (or similar to the Gate rather than rip off services.)  Waste of time.

As always will be amazed if not a deal  Got to be in overcomes interests for all to come to a conclusion. It is after all pretty decent for a modern 'bowl' stadium.   

Translation please

5 hours ago, Leveller said:

How can they appeal without leave to appeal?

last throw of the die or dice this is the final chance. you can take it higher to appeal against not being able to appeal but the only winners are those making the money representing you, quit  while you are behind it's cheaper.

Sat state of affairs for a big old club, but there gets to a point where given the role of the club to the local community, especially one where its a one club city, that culturaly the owner can be removed from the club to allow it to survive.

failing that, some of the more militant fans could pay the guy responsible a surprise visit one night and politely negotiate his withdrawal from the club,,, i hear machetes are good for that sort of thing?!

Archived