IGNORED

Birmingham red button?

The Gambler

5 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Yeah, I'm one.

My ST seat will go empty again tonight as I'm working today in, chance would have it, Birmingham and won't be able to get to Bristol in time. It's not a matter of either or, for some of us it's a matter of see the game or miss it and there are occasional games when for all sorts of reasons watching on TV is the more suitable option.

I think you've misunderstood me a little! My criticism is of the posters who think that everyone should be down the Gate no matter what without first considering the situations some people may find themselves in. 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@roddy-d It keeps changing but I think we put the kibosh on it.

Says it here.

@Red Right Hand No Radio Bristol? Gotta be better than SSN surely.

Not in Devon mate unfortunately as it`s not allowed to be broadcast on their website, it`s radio or nowt (god alone knows why that antiquated rule still applies, I`ve got a TV license like everyone else FFS).

The most annoying thing is I could drive thirty miles up the road to somewhere near Tiverton and get the bloody coverage!

16 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Ridiculous some posts on here. Do people really think that there are fans who would rather watch on TV given the choice of being at the match!?!? argh! 

Agreed,  a lot of us on the forum can't travel thousands of miles for any City game, as the expense and the time needed makes it impossible,  but I know that if I was still living locally, I would be there if at all possible. COYR's

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Not in Devon mate unfortunately as it`s not allowed to be broadcast on their website, it`s radio or nowt (god alone knows why that antiquated rule still applies, I`ve got a TV license like everyone else FFS).

The most annoying thing is I could drive thirty miles up the road to somewhere near Tiverton and get the bloody coverage!

Wasn't sure but that makes sense- that regional thing is a nonsense as you say- it's probably linked to arrangements with EFL etc, rights issues. Odd thing is I was last summer when stuck in work on a sunny day (like us all today in fact ?) listening to online cricket...from Radio Surrey or Radio Durham or somewhere well outside Bristol, yet for football listening to it is a no-go. :dunno:

Tiverton? Can only assume it's near Somerset, Somerset Sound- don't know areas South of Bristol so well.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It a contract problem with the EFL and only cup game commentaries are allowed online.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wasn't sure but that makes sense- that regional thing is a nonsense as you say- it's probably linked to arrangements with EFL etc, rights issues. Odd thing is I was last summer when stuck in work on a sunny day (like us all today in fact ?) listening to online cricket...from Radio Surrey or Radio Durham or somewhere well outside Bristol, yet for football listening to it is a no-go. :dunno:

Tiverton? Can only assume it's near Somerset, Somerset Sound- don't know areas South of Bristol so well.

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It a contract problem with the EFL and only cup game commentaries are allowed online.

Yes I know but why? In this day and age how many listen online compared to radio?

Tiverton is about where the RB/RS coverage runs out on the M5 - I normally just get to the end of 20p before it fades out on my way home.

On 25/02/2019 at 14:53, iamsober said:

I have been a season ticket holder for 30 odd years but will be in hospital getting treatment so can’t make it but thanks for your advice.

Hope you get better soon. 

Hospital services must have improved no end recently though, if you have your own individual control of Red button Sky tv services..! 

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:57, grubby said:

A mate has just told me that those of you who use a vpn to watch bctv in the uk don't need to use the vpn on midweek games, seems the geo restriction isn't in place, just need active subscription apparently.

Even if this is the case, which seems unlikely, beware if you can use your overseas connection licence to watch BCTV from a UK connection that will be traceable should the provider wish to do that. Hence would strongly advise using VPN even if don't have to.

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Agreed,  a lot of us on the forum can't travel thousands of miles for any City game, as the expense and the time needed makes it impossible,  but I know that if I was still living locally, I would be there if at all possible. COYR's

I don't think you're a City fan. Plenty of 'true' City fans on here would walk from Tallinn singing 'Drink up Thee Cider' all journey just to see the reds lose 6-0 away to Grimsby. 

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I live in Cullompton and get RB on Freeview 719 where commentary is usually (but not always) available.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Assuming this is gospel, why does the club act against its own supporters across the country.

If true, very poor of the club indeed. 

The club owe us at least an explanation of their action

Suspect that being originally a Saturday match and then rearranged for Tuesday, the club have made an effort to members to make it a £15 month to watch QPR and Brum...and keeping it off the red button gives more chance to sell more £15 tickets.  You can see their point of view to an extent.

Some long time supporters (I go back to 1970) do not live in Bristol and cannot always make it to Bristol especially mid-week. I live in London and for years could not get access to match coverage so now that the technology is there it seems small minded of the club to block TV coverage for this game if the facility is available (if indeed this is what has happened) - are they really concerned about the impact on the gate this evening? I doubt if many supporters living in the Bristol region would opt for BCTV as opposed to going to the game, especially bearing in mind how well it is going this season.

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Suspect that being originally a Saturday match and then rearranged for Tuesday, the club have made an effort to members to make it a £15 month to watch QPR and Brum...and keeping it off the red button gives more chance to sell more £15 tickets.  You can see their point of view to an extent.

Yes, agree they have a point, but they need to embrace a world of football which is changing fast, where actual attendance is restricted by high costs, wide geographical support, and limited advance availability of tickets preventing longterm planning of leave, hotels etc.

Hope they are thinking these issues through before we reach The Prem. because new business models are needed for new times

Archived