IGNORED

Norwich City v Bristol City Match Day 32

Septic Peg

Dee - Deeelia, you're breaking my heart 
You're shaking my confidence daily 
Oh, Dee - Deeelia, I'm down on my knees 
I'm begging you please to come home…

Starter for 10. Who did the 90s hit cover version of this? Answer at the bottom...

(Yes I changed the name in honour of Fanny Craddock wannabe and Norwich fan Delia Smith - fight me, I'm ill again and entertaining myself)

Ah Norwich. The home of mustard, yellow birds that don't shut up and Trisha (the female version of Jezza Kyle - hands up who remembers!).

Top of the shop after MI5 Leeds faltered and got stung for voyeurism, Norwich aren't going to be pushovers today. But then again, they did give us Gaz O'Neil and we all know how that turned out (coincidentally, if that fraud is still in possession of a concurrent sicknote, you can bet your ass he'll be on the radio.)

Ones to watch include Pukki who currently is top goalscorer, Leitner (Just back from injury) and Hernandez.

BBC sport is also suggesting that Korey is running now, Niki is back and Jack Hunt is training again.

Fully expect to see Hunt either starting or coming on as a sub, Niki and Korey on the bench?

Tough one to call this. Heart says draw, head says loss. Think this will be one of those where the first goal is the opening of floodgates. And if we have a shite 1st half........ 2-1 Norwich then. Argh.

COYRs!

Answer: Suggs from Madness.

Further to the question posed above...

Back when Suggs charted with that cover, Top Of The Pops were going through a phase where they had guest presenters each week.

The week that song got in to the top 10, Chris Eubank was the guest host and had to say...

'At six, it's Suggs with Cecilia'

True story.

Prediction, 0-0

I’m cautiously optimistic and not as anxious as I expected about today.

LJ is a deep thinker about the game and I’m sure he and his assistants will have come up with a strategy to stifle Norwich style of play. I daresay they’ve been working on it this week at Failand.

Norwich do concede more goals than you’d expect for a top side and that won’t have been lost on City's Head Coach.They also have a top goal scorer in Pukki and no doubt part of the game plan will be to cut off his supply and of course stop him.

Roll on 3pm......

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Further to the question posed above...

Back when Suggs charted with that cover, Top Of The Pops were going through a phase where they had guest presenters each week.

The week that song got in to the top 10, Chris Eubank was the guest host and had to say...

'At six, it's Suggs with Cecilia'

True story.

Prediction, 0-0

Don’t you mean

at thix it’s thuggs with thecelia 

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Perfect game for us today in my opinion, the unbeaten run has ended and we face the best team in the league away from home. 

Time to bounce back , 4 points from today and Tuesday would be an excellent return.

I know we’re good but blige I don’t think the FA will be giving us bonus points !

I’d settle for three points for each win .

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Perfect game for us today in my opinion, the unbeaten run has ended and we face the best team in the league away from home. 

Time to bounce back , 4 points from today and Tuesday would be an excellent return.

6 pts would be better... IF we can win this, then confidence would be brimming for Brum. Fail to win and the pressure will be on for the Brum game. Honestly don't know what to expect...

Do we simulate Norwich's 4-2-3-1, or go for the tried and trusted 4-1-4-1/4-4-1-1? Either way, a win today would be the biggest of Johnson's managerial career.

Forget United at home, victory on the Canaries turf - and an eighth League win in a row - would send a clear message that City are serious automatic promotion contenders.

I'm nervous as hell.

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m cautiously optimistic and not as anxious as I expected about today.

LJ is a deep thinker about the game and I’m sure he and his assistants will have come up with a strategy to stifle Norwich style of play. I daresay they’ve been working on it this week at Failand.

Norwich do concede more goals than you’d expect for a top side and that won’t have been lost on City's Head Coach.They also have a top goal scorer in Pukki and no doubt part of the game plan will be to cut off his supply and of course stop him.

Roll on 3pm......

So LJ will have a game plan that they will have worked on this week on the training ground?  Are you sure?  Innovative  if you're right, no wonder LJ is so highly rated - and as for trying to stop the top goalscorer...........pure genius from LJ again.  Where do you get this inside info ? have you been spying over the fence at Failand?

Fingers crossed we can maintain our form from the 2nd half against Wolves. 

Very tough game but at least our form can give us optimism that we are capable of getting a result.  It might be one of those games, though, where they have a lot of possession with us hitting them on the break.

It’s great to be involved in games like this at the top end of the table. Overall a draw would be a great result (especially if we followed it up by thrashing the Brummies on Tuesday). 

8 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

mark Pukki out the game and play how we played last time and I can see us sneaking a win. For me O'Dowda and Taylor must start

Agree Pukki the danger...stats have thrown up he's scored 8 in the last 6 games. We must try and keep him down. Be a sickener if he gets an early goal.

20 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

So LJ will have a game plan that they will have worked on this week on the training ground?  Are you sure?  Innovative  if you're right, no wonder LJ is so highly rated - and as for trying to stop the top goalscorer...........pure genius from LJ again.  Where do you get this inside info ? have you been spying over the fence at Failand?

No I’m not sure but it’s very likely that they have - why? do you think they’ve been training on doing something else?  

Not inside information either despite me living within a 10 min drive to Failand......My assumption is based on the evidence we’ve seen in previous Championship matches.

Common sense really......CR. Maybe you’re allowing your sarcasm to stifle yours?...........:cool2:

It's essentially a free game as we still have two games in hand to claw points back on teams around us. On that premise, it should give us freedom to play and go all out for the win with less pressure. The pressure is on Norwich to maintain position and form which hopefully leads to making mistakes

Interesting to see people say the pressures on Norwich. I see it the other way, people are saying we’ve beaten average teams and have all our hard fixtures to come, other teams haven’t beaten these so called average teams but it is true we haven’t had a huge test in the last 15 games but to be unbeaten is highly impressive.

I think Norwich should have enough to beat us but a draw would be a great result.

Archived