IGNORED

Palmer

roddy-d

That’s the thing about players songs, they don’t have literal meaning. Fam doesn’t live in Knowle, Korey isn’t literally ‘everywhere’ and even CODs runs tend to be more off centre than down the wing.

As for Palmer - what I see is a very skilful player who, on a similar basis to JET, if you totally built around him he’d be outstanding. However, he’s not good enough (again, as JET), to be built around at this level and the side still be competitive. 

I think the attitude is good enough and what he needs (and wants) to do in view of the above is curtail his natural game to be part of the collective. That takes time - and time per team. That’s why I think he’s struggled more, but I think he can do the job to a better level than Pato when he adapts. That could even be a 12 month journey tbh.

We’re all quick to praise and all quick to criticise. The truth is probably in the middle with KP at the moment, but being exaggerated by how well everyone else is playing.

And, no - I wouldn’t let him sh*g my wife...

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s the thing about players songs, they don’t have literal meaning. Fam doesn’t live in Knowle, Korey isn’t literally ‘everywhere’ and even CODs runs tend to be more off centre than down the wing.

Whereas Gerry Gow was literally every f.... where, I would have gone a million miles for one of Galley's goals, and if i'd had to the wings of a Crow, Chris Crowe, I would have flown over Eastville the next day and crapped on the bu99ers below!

46 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I believe it’s...

Famara, Woah-oh-oh

Famara, Woah-oh-oh

He comes from Senegal

And now he lives in Knowle

Only Bristolians could make Knowle rhyme with Senegal.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

As for Palmer - what I see is a very skilful player who, on a similar basis to JET, if you totally built around him he’d be outstanding. However, he’s not good enough (again, as JET), to be built around at this level and the side still be competitive. 

I think the attitude is good enough and what he needs (and wants) to do in view of the above is curtail his natural game to be part of the collective. That takes time - and time per team. That’s why I think he’s struggled more, but I think he can do the job to a better level than Pato when he adapts. That could even be a 12 month journey tbh.

We’re all quick to praise and all quick to criticise. The truth is probably in the middle with KP at the moment, but being exaggerated by how well everyone else is playing.

And, no - I wouldn’t let him sh*g my wife...

The problem for Kasey Palmer is that as long as he is a loanee from Chelsea, he's never going to get long enough to settle in a team for it to suit him rather than the other way round. I am not the biggest Paterson fan, but the amount of work he does tracking back and pestering opposition players is way ahead of Palmer, and that's why LJ continues to start matches with Pato.

As for Palmer being on the same level as JET? Not at JET's best. As we saw when he played for Donnie against us in the Championship, on his day JET was truly unplayable, the problem was that he didn't have the hunger or desire that's needed to succeed at a higher level, but in terms of pure skill, JET was on a different level. Even Wenger thought so!

Archived