IGNORED

Is Birmingham Now A Must Win?

Cardy

3 minutes ago, Judda said:

We're all thinking "hope this isn't the startof another Johnson wobble "

No we're not.

Mind you, we were all thinking that back in November!

It depends on what we want, if we think automatic is possible then yes, if we want playoffs then it would certainly help, if we just want to stay in this league then we don't need to worry about it.

I think we should be going for the playoffs so it would help but not a must win.

If we talk up the potential for a bad run it creates a tension amongst supporters and it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  I really think that.  We've lost two games narrowly against superior opposition while continuing to play well.  There is no reason to think this is the start of a bad run and every reason to think we can beat Birmingham on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If we lose to Brum, it will be 3 on the bounce.  Well into the sort of run we don't want, especially when we are now trying to sell season tickets for next year.

It would be the first genuinely disappointing result in a long time.  I'd hardly say losing at home to a top-half PL side and away at the league leaders can be fairly summarised as a "bad run".

Not a m

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If we talk up the potential for a bad run it creates a tension amongst supporters and it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  I really think that.  We've lost two games narrowly against superior opposition while continuing to play well.  There is no reason to think this is the start of a bad run and every reason to think we can beat Birmingham on Tuesday.

Know what you mean. Think it's more of a not lose than a must win, what with a bang in form Preston coming up after.

With no points from the next two the doom and gloom would set in. But I fancy us against Brum, game under the lights always make for a good atmosphere the players and crowd will be right up for it.

City 2/0 Brum.

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If we lose to Brum, it will be 3 on the bounce.  Well into the sort of run we don't want, especially when we are now trying to sell season tickets for next year.

I will be really disappointed if we don't start with a right back.

But IF Derby lose to Forest and we beat Brum, we’ll be in the top six and five points clear of seventh.

Why speculate about a negative that may not happen?

Hard to believe fans are already talking about a bad run after one league defeat, away, to the league leaders, 3-2 after being 2-1 up.

30 minutes ago, Leveller said:

But IF Derby lose to Forest and we beat Brum, we’ll be in the top six and five points clear of seventh.

Why speculate about a negative that may not happen?

Hard to believe fans are already talking about a bad run after one league defeat, away, to the league leaders, 3-2 after being 2-1 up.

You've been on this forum how long Leveller?! :)

We’ve put ourselves in a really good position.  Cliche time but every game is a cup final and home form so important. Tuesday represents a chance to bounce back early against a tidy Brum side . Hope it’s not racked with tension and we play with no fear roared on by the City faithful . 

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

Not a m

Know what you mean. Think it's more of a not lose than a must win, what with a bang in form Preston coming up after.

With no points from the next two the doom and gloom would set in. But I fancy us against Brum, game under the lights always make for a good atmosphere the players and crowd will be right up for it.

City 2/0 Brum.

The next 3 fixtures are less must win than mustn't lose, especially the game against Preston, who are the form side of the chasing pack. And each of them will bring different challenges. Brum have the best striker in Che Adams, Preston will be dirty, sorry "physical" and Leeds will be Leeds - in other words even dirtier than Preston. We just need big performances from all of our players. And a proper right back!

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I will be really disappointed if we don't start with a right back.

One defeat to a top 8 premier league team, one to the top team in our division. Hardly desperate times.

Why dramatise something that is hardly worthy of it?

9 hours ago, Judda said:

We're all thinking "hope this isn't the startof another Johnson wobble "

I think that’s spot on - based on historical evidence of course. That’s why avoiding defeat on Tuesday night will be so important.

Im sure LJ and the players are very aware of it as well and hopefully that’ll be added motivation on Tuesday at AG.

Archived