IGNORED

Norwich fans yesterday

Between heaven and hell

2 hours ago, Jim_NCFC said:

Greetings. Good game on Saturday. We weren't at our best first half but in no small part due to the fact you played very well. think we just had a bit too much firepower for you in the end but it would be nice not to have to rely on coming back from behind so much by defending a bit better! I think we missed Vrancic and Leitner who were on the bench as Farke kept faith with Mclean. They are our playmakers and help us to control games and keep the ball better although of course mclean got two goals so that selection dilemma doesn't get any easier!

In terms of our fans I think we probably do have a higher than average percentage of both elderly and female fans which has pros and cons in terms of the atmosphere although that view is probably heightened by the stand the away fans are in which tends to have more older fans and families in it. Setting up the obvious Norfolk joke we do have quite a lot of families where there will often be three generations sitting next to each other. Delia has an influence in terms of the famale fans I think. There is an issue in terms of "season ticket churn" in that season tickets have essentially been sold out for about a decade now which i think is a challenge in terms of getting the younger generation along. I still have my season ticket because I don;t really dare give it up even though due to family commitments I can only get to half a dozen home games a season so I offload it for most games. We do though have a lot of season ticket holders in their 20's and early 30's as back in the days we were really struggling in the late 90's/00's we were one of the first clubs to introduce really affordable season tickets for kids and students (think it was about £15 for a long time for U12s and about £40 for U16's) who have remained season ticket holders ever since. Its a habit thing isn't it and once you get into the habit of going you keep going. 

Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season and if you could take some points off Leeds and Shef U for us it would be very much appreciated! i think you are good enough to do so.

I think Bristol and Norwich are quite similar cities in terms of the fact they are proper provincial cities with a strong identity. Have been impressed with how your owner has gone about building the club on a sustainable basis, improved the ground etc and it all seems to be there for you to have a crack at the prem even if it doesn't happen this year!

Fair summary. I actually thought in the second half the end to the right of the away end was fairly lively.

Best of luck for the rest of the season as if it means you go up at the expense of Leeds then believe me I'm absolutely all for it.

First time I've been to Carrow Road and, despite the result, really enjoyed the trip. Chilled out vibe prior to game, decent atmosphere all around the ground

and everybody tightly packed close to the pitch. Spoke to a few Norwich fans after the game and they were a friendly bunch (winning always helps mind!), good

luck to them I say.

I'd echo what other City fans have said; it was my first trip to Carrow Road and I really enjoyed. The stadium is great

The Norwich fans were friendly & created a great atmosphere.

I thought the match was top class. I thought overall we played well but came up against a really good team who just about deserved their victory. At this level its fine margins & if Pack had shot when he was in the middle of the penalty area in the first half instead of giving the eyes and passing to Weimann [I think] then it may have been a different outcome but fair play to them and I hope they go on and win the League. 

2 hours ago, Swede said:

I thought the match was top class. I thought overall we played well but came up against a really good team who just about deserved their victory. At this level its fine margins & if Pack had shot when he was in the middle of the penalty area in the first half instead of giving the eyes and passing to Weimann [I think] then it may have been a different outcome but fair play to them and I hope they go on and win the League. 

Have you seen Pack shoot before? :blink: Don't get me wrong, I love the man, but he is truly awful at shooting from open play.

Archived