IGNORED

Unwelcome People

Silvio Dante

One thing always worth reading is “The Knowledge” in the Guardian each Wednesday, full of weird and wonderful facts but also sometimes an “opinion” question as in the below.

So, which former player would be your most unwelcome back when playing for/ managing another team at BCFC, and why?

For the purposes of question, I think the reason “He was a bit sh!t” is not really a good enough answer.

For me? I’d go Baird if he ever came back coaching another team (think he’s a youth coach now) for flicking the v’s. Any other ideas?

4D632F40-7EB0-4C4B-9423-ADC13AC786F3.jpeg

1 minute ago, DownendRed97 said:

Greg Cunningham - for scoring the winner a few years back and celebrating like he’d won the world cup, and then getting Flint sent off at their place last season. Probably the only member of that double winning squad that I wouldn’t clap on their return to the gate.

I feel the same.

3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

In the extremely unlikely event he somehow ever came back - Pulis.

How did I forget him!!!!

Although, bizarrely, I think I’d clap any of his signings as they were never wasters, just didn’t fit us. Players like Holland, Beadle, Jones etc were decent triers - and Billy Mercer was class 

Pulis though...tosser!

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That Singh guy we had on loan from Leeds. Looked decent but after a game or two just decided he didn't want to play for us to cancelled his loan and returned to Leeds.

Harpal Singh.

On a similar note, could argue Jason Roberts. 

Not for his gas connections 

Not for his holier than thou attitude

But for being that annoyed that renowned tubster Sean McCarthy could be picked above him that he buggered off to Grenada while on loan to us without asking for permission 

@Bristol Rob - Great minds

23 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Add Steve Phillips and Danny Coles to the list too.

This.

Did Phillips kiss that grotty badge after the 2007 JPT Home leg or did I dream that?

20 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That Singh guy we had on loan from Leeds. Looked decent but after a game or two just decided he didn't want to play for us to cancelled his loan and returned to Leeds.

I saw him play for us at Notts County and he was nothing special.

Wonder what happened to him?

Archived