IGNORED

Unwelcome People

Silvio Dante

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Harpal Singh.

On a similar note, could argue Jason Roberts. 

Not for his gas connections 

Not for his holier than thou attitude

But for being that annoyed that renowned tubster Sean McCarthy could be picked above him that he buggered off to Grenada while on loan to us without asking for permission 

@Bristol Rob - Great minds

You dislike the fella for going to Grenada? …. bit harsh mate just because the bloke rented a telly and was partial to a game of bingo.  Unbelievable! 

22 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That Singh guy we had on loan from Leeds. Looked decent but after a game or two just decided he didn't want to play for us to cancelled his loan and returned to Leeds.

I remember him but can't remember loads of other players we have actually signed and have played regularly for us! 

Just checked wiki and he was always destined for bigger than us what with moving on to such illustrious clubs as Stockport County, Sligo Rovers and Bohemians. 

38 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Who was that defender we signed from QPR? And Nicky Hun Add them to the list as well. At that period of time decent players came here and performed terribly whilst picking up some decent wages.

If you re-read the OP you’ll see that ‘he was sh1t’ isn’t a good enough reason for including a player....you’ve just listed players you think weren’t very good ..... not what the OP asked for....

As far as coaching is concerned, I'd have problems with Russell Osman coming back..

Russrll most probably is a really nice bloke who helps little old ladies over the road. Russell most probably pays all his taxes properly and has never offered a player a brown paper bag full of money to sign for us etc.. BUT apart from THAT Anfield game, sorry Russell, the football was dire to watch.

On the plus point, he was in Escape To Victory so he could always make another movie.

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Hmmph, you're easily pleased Slarti just cos the bloke saved you a visit to a dentist. Did you have crooked teeth or were you jumping on a fashion fad at the time when braces were the 'in thing?   Unbelievable!

Irony of irony's.............his brace nearly cost me some dental procedures as we were in the home end at the time !

30 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Maynard probably. Special mentions for Kilkenny and Kodjia also.

Maynard was shit for us. He shat on us a bit, but he clearly wanted to test himself at a higher level (which is why he turned down Leicester), so yeah, no round of applause, but he did well for us.

UNLIKE THAT EGYPTIAN BLOKE WHO WENT HOME, POST DEAL, AND PLAYED.

ooh, the anger is brewing.

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you re-read the OP you’ll see that ‘he was sh1t’ isn’t a good enough reason for including a player....you’ve just listed players you think weren’t very good ..... not what the OP asked for....

I've listed numerous players for different reasons. Around that time there was a culture of players bleeding us dry whilst not giving a shite about playing for us, so for that reason I dislike them. 

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I've listed numerous players for different reasons. Around that time there was a culture of players bleeding us dry whilst not giving a shite about playing for us, so for that reason I dislike them. 

Ok, cheers - but you posted Stern John then Tony Dinning, then Scott Partridge etc all in separate posts with no reason given, just their names....

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

But can you explain what you have against Scott Partridge????

I get Hunt, Damian Stewart and Dinning if you’re going lack of effort but I’m really struggling to see what you had against Scotty P as he was from a different era and a different cloth

Unless he’s a staunch remainer (#wrongforum)

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

He said he wanted to move so his kid didn’t have a Bristolian accent.

Ok. Bit odd of him to assume he’s going to be anywhere for so long in typically such a short career.

But why chant emphasise the fact his son is Bristolian. Especially when he played against us last time round? 

Still puzzles me.

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ok. Bit odd of him to assume he’s going to be anywhere for so long in typically such a short career.

But why chant emphasise the fact his son is Bristolian. Especially when he played against us last time round? 

Still puzzles me.

I think people took umbrage at the disrepect for Bristolians at the time of his move.  Basically he was a tosser.  

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I think people took umbrage at tye disrepect for Bristolians at the time of his move.  Basically he was a tosser.  

Fair enough. Just seems to me like the chant was to belittle him.

Though that surely means those fans chanting it were actually mocking Bristolians in general.

Like ‘haha your son is Bristolian’.

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Fair enough. Just seems to me like the chant was to belittle him.

Though that surely means those fans chanting it were actually mocking Bristolians in general.

Other way around mate, more you can take the child out of Bristol but not Bristol from the child.  He obviously didn’t want his kid to be from Bristol, but he is.

Archived