IGNORED

Unwelcome People

Silvio Dante

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Wow.... Spends over 12 years at the club being a model professional and then lands the club a massive £10million plus fee and you call him unwelcome...... He's welcome anytime he wants !!

Being a model professional but as soon as he has one good season straight off to Cardiff.. 

Good question this, tough decision for me though, has to be between Jason Roberts for going AWOL after 1 game, Jody Morris only signing for one last payday and not giving an ounce of effort whatsoever, then there’s Nicky Shorey plastering all over social media banter or not at how he can’t even break into the starting 11 at Bristol City, and last of all there’s Steve Phillips for generally being a total bellend, sticking the V’s up at AG to city fans in the 1st leg of the JPT then kissing that awful gay pirate in the 2nd leg towards us, but most of all for thinking he’s a big tough man by picking on atleast 1 academy player that I know of whilst on a night out, certainly got what he deserved that night though as this young lads mate was also there and put Flapper on his backside  ?

TBH no one would be unwelcome if they could do a job, but there are oodles of former players who couldn't because they are not as good as what we have/too old/retired/dead/generally not required!

I know I'm different from a lot of fans by not "taking it personally" how players have left or who they left for, but I see football as a business.

Anyone who can improve our current team would be welcomed back.

It's a mark of how far we've come, that I can only think of a few names that might apply to.

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Wow.... Spends over 12 years at the club being a model professional and then lands the club a massive £10million plus fee and you call him unwelcome...... He's welcome anytime he wants !!

I still love everything about Bobby Reid. He’s only just put the rest of the team down after carrying them through the second half of last season

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, cheers - but you posted Stern John then Tony Dinning, then Scott Partridge etc all in separate posts with no reason given, just their names....

Apologies, I thought it the reasons would be pretty honest. Dinning playing out of his ass whilst on loan and then turning into a non league player once he had secured a lucrative long term contact.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

But can you explain what you have against Scott Partridge????

I get Hunt, Damian Stewart and Dinning if you’re going lack of effort but I’m really struggling to see what you had against Scotty P as he was from a different era and a different cloth

Unless he’s a staunch remainer (#wrongforum)

My bad, I ment David Partridge not Scott. Apologies to Scott.

2 hours ago, Malmesburyrobin said:

Bobby Reid 

Can't agree with this. For me, I am extremely proud to see a Bristolian brought through our academy playing in the premier League and I'm even prouder on the rare occasions that he scores.

We can use his example to the young academy players that it doesn't matter what your background is as long as you put in the hard work and apply yourself correctly then they can also take the same path as Bobby.

Bobby Gould.  Always thought he was a smarmy git.  Picked a fight with Gerry Gow mid game.  Don't need tell you who won that particular contest.  Went on to play for and manage the great unwashed from the north of our beautiful city.  

Definite worthy addition to the not welcome back list.

51 minutes ago, swanker said:

Absolutely. For some reason he seems to loath us as well. Hope he gets relegated with Cardiff!

I read a few posts and saw his name several times and went to post that it would be sweeter still when he gets relegated with Cardiff, not that he plays much for them I don’t think. But you beat me to it ??

For me it has to be the Pulis/Tomlin combo, both seemed to split the club and leave a trail of destruction and leave a nasty stench that took months to repair.

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

He did get a brace for us at Brum once, I remember.

And in doing so provided just enough distraction for their orchestrated comeback to prevent the Zulus from decapitating us on the soon to be torn-up terrace, I recall.....

Asked a Copper for advice on what to do at the end: "Run......Fast...."

10 hours ago, Isawjonshaw said:

David Kelly.......that name alone

Did he ever play for us?

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

Benny lenhartson ?! Dodgy spelling

Benny tried his best for us after being screwed over by Ward. And brought through a shed load of youngsters.  Come the end of the season we were looking like a team that potentially could do something, but by then it was all too late.  Would've liked to have seen him stay for another year to be honest as I believe he'd have taken us back up.

8 hours ago, Malmesburyrobin said:

Exactly my point diddlydonkey, could of gone somewhere else ( possibly West Brom who were after him) for near enough the same wages 

Pretty sure City weren't accepting any bids for him from Championship clubs, and regardless of who it is, even if we had, if you're given the chance of Premiership football or Championship football you're only going to make one choice if you want to test yourself at a higher level.  Seems a very bitter answer to be honest.

Kodjia and Maynard for me - Kodjia for walking out on is to go to a ‘bigger club’ (but at least we got good money for him I suppose) and Maynard for refusing to go to Leicester for £7m whilst at the same time refusing to sign his contract at AG - basically grinding it down - plus his comments about Bristolian accents. Tosser. 

6 hours ago, Malago said:

Bobby Gould.  Always thought he was a smarmy git.  Picked a fight with Gerry Gow mid game.  Don't need tell you who won that particular contest.  Went on to play for and manage the great unwashed from the north of our beautiful city.  

Definite worthy addition to the not welcome back list.

Agree with that, Gould was a complete knob, also replaced the great John Galley, who was sold to Forest for some unfathomable reason. 

10 hours ago, Diddlydonkey said:

Being a model professional but as soon as he has one good season straight off to Cardiff.. 

Who are in the Premier League, last time I checked. But obviously he should sign for Championship West Brom out of loyalty to City.

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Harpal Singh.

On a similar note, could argue Jason Roberts. 

Not for his gas connections 

Not for his holier than thou attitude

But for being that annoyed that renowned tubster Sean McCarthy could be picked above him that he buggered off to Grenada while on loan to us without asking for permission 

@Bristol Rob - Great minds

That probably cost us the title that year as well as we couldn't buy a goal the last few games.

We lost 5 out of the last 8 games, only scoring 5 goals in the process handing Watford the league.

Watching Sean McCarthy waddling around the pitch at Preston on the last day of the season still boils my piss!

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Kodjia and Maynard for me - Kodjia for walking out on is to go to a ‘bigger club’ (but at least we got good money for him I suppose) and Maynard for refusing to go to Leicester for £7m whilst at the same time refusing to sign his contract at AG - basically grinding it down - plus his comments about Bristolian accents. Tosser. 

Maynard's an interesting one.

A few other posters absolve Bobby Reid for moving to Cardiff because we could not deny him his chance of moving to the prem - albeit with a stinking fee!. Maynard stated he wanted to move to a premier league club, so had the same ambition. With that knowledge, when Leicester bid for him the club turned the offer down. Maynard could have run his contract down and left for nowt 6 months later, but when WHam came in for him, despite being in the championship ( but looking strong favourites for promotion), he agreed to the move meaning we got a decent fee and he would almost certainly have missed out on a bigger signing on fee/wages accordingly.

Decry him for his comments about his son not having a Bristolian accent, but it't slightly unfair to penalise him for having the same ambition as Bobby " One of our Own" Reid.

P.S. A pre-injury Maynard in the current team would be good.

There aren't many players I wouldn't want back in a City shirt. I never got the hate for Kilkenny, because he always seemed to play well enough for where we were.

I'd also take Maynard back, if he ever decided to come back as a coach. I find it pointless to hate one of the best forwards we've had in recent history, and injuries aside he had the ability to play in the Premier League.

Tomlin, if I had to give an answer. Without knowing why, it's frustrating to see a player go from great to shit so quickly after signing a deal.

30 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Nicky Maynard. Poor guy, when he retires he won't have a club to call home or speak fondly of, played for us more than any other team by a wide margin. And hasn't played enough for his other teams to really be remembered. 

.’ Poor ‘ isn’t actually a word you can use to describe our Mickey .

5 minutes ago, chucky said:

Bas Savage as our shooting coach.

Liam rosenior, because he said he was to good for city.

He was , sadly , right at the time . He played in the Prem , we haven’t.

My main issue with Maynard was the fact that he was stringing the club along for the first half of the season claiming he wanted to sign a new contract with us, and then waited until January to finally admit he wanted to leave and put in a transfer request, meaning we had to get what we could for him at that point. It's much easier to maximise a fee for a player in the summer window, as with Flint, Reid and Bryan this season, than waiting until the last transfer window until their contract was up, forcing the club's hand into taking whatever money they could get for them at that point. We stuck by him through a season of serious injury and we were "rewarded" with disloyalty and a fee around £500K less than we originally paid for him.

12 hours ago, Malmesburyrobin said:

Exactly my point diddlydonkey, could of gone somewhere else ( possibly West Brom who were after him) for near enough the same wages 

Think you're missing 1 key difference between Cardiff and West Brom....

Archived