IGNORED

Birmingham fans warned about throwing objects on to pitch

Never to the dark side

There is a lesson in here.

Given the small return of usage of pyros in recent weeks, expect a bit of monitoring by powers that be.

Radio Bristol mentioned one yesterday and at Blackburn- last thing we want with things going so well on the pitch- and I'm not necessarily anti pyro save for the fact it's illegal- is scrutiny from FA, SAG, EFL etc.

As an aside, not that I condone it but I am assuming the object throwing in this instance is linked to them kicking off at the EFL, the hearing- possible 12-15 point deduction etc. However there are ways to protest and this feels counterproductive on their part.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There is a lesson in here.

Given the small return of usage of pyros in recent weeks, expect a bit of monitoring by powers that be.

Radio Bristol mentioned one yesterday and at Blackburn- last thing we want with things going so well on the pitch- and I'm not necessarily anti pyro save for the fact it's illegal- is scrutiny from FA, SAG, EFL etc.

As an aside, not that I condone it but I am assuming the object throwing in this instance is linked to them kicking off at the EFL, the hearing- possible 12-15 point deduction etc. However there are ways to protest and this feels counterproductive on their part.

Some dolt let one off at full time at Norwich, I usually love pyros but letting one off after we've just lost arguably our biggest game of the season? Hope it was worth it for the three year ban the bloke will receive.

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

Some dolt let one off at full time at Norwich, I usually love pyros but letting one off after we've just lost arguably our biggest game of the season? Hope it was worth it for the three year ban the bloke will receive.

That may have been the one I was thinking of- unless there was more than one? I think they can add to the atmosphere if in the hands of the right people- that though is a key caveat...

Anyway it isn't yet such a big problem as last season not least because none have been at AG but it'll get us a bit of scrutiny of the wrong kind if it continues- that's 2 in 2 away games I believe or 2 in 4 games overall.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Read this and it jogged my memory, there was blue smoke emanating from the Atyeo when they scored their 2nd- pyro, smoke bomb something similar?

Yeah they let a flare off. I thought their fans were excellent last night to be fair, very loud for the numbers they had here.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Watched the Sky Sports highlights from last night and there's clearly something (golf ball?) thrown at the B'ham players from our fans when they get their first goal. Their 7 (I think) also made a point of picking up something thrown at him when he was taking a throw. 

There were numerous things thrown from the south stand when they scored their first. Embarrassing, pathetic behaviour. 

35 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

It was a smoke cannister, not a flare they are completely different items. 

The stuff that was let off last season then- in the 3 games early on (Barnsley at home, Birmingham and Brentford), plus in December Middlesbrough game were they all smoke canisters then or pyros?  Was there one v Man United too, honestly can't remember.

From a layman's perspective, smoke canisters seem less dangerous/risky than flares, but then they all get lumped in under pyros don't they?

Watched the Sky Sports highlights from last night and there's clearly something (golf ball?) thrown at the B'ham players from our fans when they get their first goal. Their 7 (I think) also made a point of picking up something thrown at him when he was taking a throw. 

There was a plastic bottle and something else thrown but not sure what it was. Seems to be making a big comeback in a lot of grounds at the moment sadly

30 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

At Mahoney I suppose? Did anything hit him? I assumed stuff was getting lobbed at him as he soon turned back to where he came from.

Don’t know if it was aimed at one player in particular or just any of them but it’s truly pathetic. People need to find another hobby if they can’t keep their rage in check enough to not hurl stuff at players.  

45 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There were numerous things thrown from the south stand when they scored their first. Embarrassing, pathetic behaviour. 

Was just about to say that. Interesting to see if anything comes from that.

It was def white and round! Maybe a screwed up white paper bag.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Referee will surely have noted it in his report.

Hard to tell with him!

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Don’t know if it was aimed at one player in particular or just any of them but it’s truly pathetic. People need to find another hobby if they can’t keep their rage in check enough to not hurl stuff at players.  

Don't the people who throw stuff realise they are on cctv?

2 Bristol city fans identified from cctv and detained by stewards and police last night before the end of the game. Both were captured on club cctv throwing items onto the pitch from the south stand . 

There was one smoke grenade set off by Birmingham fans but unfortunately at this stage no one identified. 

Archived