IGNORED

KISS LJ

old_eastender

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Aside from his attacking role, Famara also plays a vital role when defending set pieces. I suppose such statistics are captured by the club's analysts but I wouldn't mind betting that Famara makes more defensive headers from set pieces than any other player in the squad. It's not a role that could be reliably performed by Taylor, Watkins et al thus Famara's absence would leave us exposed. 

Famara's role in the team is more than just scoring or setting up goals. It's been well proven this season how much our team is far more than the sum of its parts. Famara is an exemplar of the playing style which LJ has introduced. 

So who needs to step up so Fam can concentrate MORE (not exclusively, I do listen!) on being the lone striker where he's stationed? assuming that Lee won't / can't partner Fam up?

EDIT: Palmer's a possibility now it looks like he's here to stay. £4M could be a very good price too.

45 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

So who needs to step up so Fam can concentrate MORE (not exclusively, I do listen!) on being the lone striker where he's stationed? assuming that Lee won't / can't partner Fam up?

EDIT: Palmer's a possibility now it looks like he's here to stay. £4M could be a very good price too.

Nobody can step up, imo. At the risk of turning this thread into a cliche-filled game of Management Consultancy Bingo, “if it works, don’t fix it”. It’s nearly March and we’ve lost one league game since November; it just happens to have been the last one. Nothing is broken so there’s no need to fix anything. 

Hope someone’s taking the minutes. 

13 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Nobody can step up, imo. At the risk of turning this thread into a cliche-filled game of Management Consultancy Bingo, “if it works, don’t fix it”. It’s nearly March and we’ve lost one league game since November; it just happens to have been the last one. Nothing is broken so there’s no need to fix anything. 

Hope someone’s taking the minutes. 

I would have taken minutes but I’m trying to figure out how this thread descended into us debating what Famara’s role in the team is and best of all if he is or isn’t a direct replacement for Kodjia. 

Surely we can all see Fam is there to draw people into play in attacking areas. It’s why we have goals coming from Patterson and COD and brownhill etc. Bloke is playing as a lone forward designed to hold the ball up and use the attacking threat of his midfielders and wide men. 

Agree with your cliche though. The system is bringing us some joy so let’s not change it till a disaster happens example (fam injured) 

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Nobody can step up, imo. At the risk of turning this thread into a cliche-filled game of Management Consultancy Bingo, “if it works, don’t fix it”.

"You fix the roof when it's sunny."

Seriously, though, have we spent 4m on Palmer to just be another target body for Fam to play in, or to actually take some of the heat off him and the midfield?  The latter shows that Lee has thought that far ahead and has a Plan B.

1 hour ago, Tears in rain said:

I would have taken minutes but I’m trying to figure out how this thread descended into us debating what Famara’s role in the team is and best of all if he is or isn’t a direct replacement for Kodjia. 

Surely we can all see Fam is there to draw people into play in attacking areas. It’s why we have goals coming from Patterson and COD and brownhill etc. Bloke is playing as a lone forward designed to hold the ball up and use the attacking threat of his midfielders and wide men. 

Agree with your cliche though. The system is bringing us some joy so let’s not change it till a disaster happens example (fam injured) 

Apparently one person can't 

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Apparently one person can't 

Oh, I can. I can also see there needs to be something else in place if he can't do that (injury or good marking), and apparently nobody in this thread wants to think that far ahead. I hope for everyone's sake Johnson has, and maybe that's why he signed Palmer. But let's wait until tonight to see that.

18 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Think it’s something like 1 in 2.75 games so he’s hoping it gets worse 

If you read my post, you'd have notice I said "from here on in", as his goal ratio lately has been about one in five/six, which isn't good enough. He started off reasonably well but his average has been reducing as the season has progressed.  I'm not knocking him, I just want to see him miss less of the chances he gets.

14 hours ago, sephjnr said:

Oh, I can. I can also see there needs to be something else in place if he can't do that (injury or good marking), and apparently nobody in this thread wants to think that far ahead. I hope for everyone's sake Johnson has, and maybe that's why he signed Palmer. But let's wait until tonight to see that.

No I would agree with this point, it’s why we need to have a plan B in case he gets injured. It’s exactly the same for Marlon pack as we don’t have a direct replacement for him either. 

Archived