Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Littlesh*t

Price of a pint/ macmillan

Later this year I will be doing the mighty hike marathon along the Jurassic coast climbing nearly 3000ft to raise money for Macmillan. My old man (also a massive city fan) lost his battle to cancer nearly 5 years ago so I want to give back to a great charity that help many people dealing with the disease. 

I would appreciate it if anyone would consider sponsoring me just the price of a pint  to help me reach my total.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richgrieve

• Like 11

Hi mate, just bunged you an Ayrton.

I lost a great mate to the evil that is cancer a week ago, and it's a **** of an illness.

Dare say I will be out with the begging bowl to raise some money for this very worthy cause in the not too distant myself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hi mate, just bunged you an Ayrton.

I lost a great mate to the evil that is cancer a week ago, and it's a **** of an illness.

Dare say I will be out with the begging bowl to raise some money for this very worthy cause in the not too distant myself.

Thank you very much for the sponsor and fair play to you if you do get the "begging bowl" out in the future, the sooner we put and end to this shit the better.

Really sorry to hear about your friend, I hope you and everyone close to him are coping ok.

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Give it a few days and I will gladly sponsor you, saw my Uncle ravaged by cancer, terrible thing to happen to anyone.

Thanks. Sorry to hear about your uncle. 

21 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

I dont think drinking pints will help you cycle up Golden Cap.

Put a nice cold pint of Gold at the top and I will be flying up there 😂

A great cause.

Both mum and dad died of the horrible disease. 

I’m very happy to support your cause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

A great cause.

Both mum and dad died of the horrible disease. 

I’m very happy to support your cause.

Thank you for your support and sorry to hear of your losses. It's a shitter which hopefully in the near future we can put an end to

42 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Just donated mate. Good luck to you.

Much appreciated 

My family has also suffered, would love to see science finally get rid of this scourge. 

I will sponsor as well in a couple of days (season ticket has emptied my account until pay day).

• Like 2

Cancer is such a horrible disease.

Luckily these charities are doing such good. My Nan survived bowel cancer in her mid 80s which would have been unthinkable not too long ago!

Very glad that this research is being done as I am at a massively heightened risk of bowel cancer as hers was genetic, but hopefully by that time the work and research (and fundraising done by OP!) will have paid off enough that I won't have to worry about my chances.

Will try to send over a donation when I can, much respect OP it's such a worthy cause.

On 25/02/2019 at 22:11, Littlesh*t said:

Later this year I will be doing the mighty hike marathon along the Jurassic coast climbing nearly 3000ft to raise money for Macmillan. My old man (also a massive city fan) lost his battle to cancer nearly 5 years ago so I want to give back to a great charity that help many people dealing with the disease. 

I would appreciate it if anyone would consider sponsoring me just the price of a pint  to help me reach my total.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richgrieve

Done Sir

• Like 1

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who sponsored me on here. I have smashed my target already with 3 months still to go. Hopefully the amount continues to rise 

Well done mate, a very worthy cause. McMillan nurses are absolute angels. They helped my mother through some very dark and lonely nights on her journey to the end. Respect to you.

• Like 1

Just a little update, yesterday we walked from lulworth to Weymouth and back again (around 20 miles and 3500ft climb) and it killed us. To think on the day we have to do an extra 6 miles and 500ft is daunting to say the least but the support from here and my friends and family will pull me through.

If anyone else would like to back me please find the link to my just giving page in the original post.

Cheers

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Just a little update, yesterday we walked from lulworth to Weymouth and back again (around 20 miles and 3500ft climb) and it killed us. To think on the day we have to do an extra 6 miles and 500ft is daunting to say the least but the support from here and my friends and family will pull me through.

If anyone else would like to back me please find the link to my just giving page in the original post.

Cheers

Top training effort fella!

Keep us updated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Littlesh*t said:

Cheers

Great effort. Donation made.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Top training effort fella!

Keep us updated.

Cheers buddy, will do.

4 hours ago, Mangled Wurzel said:

Great effort. Donation made.

Thank you, really appreciate it

With the marathon just over a week away I thought I would give this a little boost.

Me and my wife have been training hard for this but are still crapping ourselves, hopefully it stays dry on the day but not to hot. 

Good luck Little shit. Whatever time you post or even distance covered it’ll be a mammoth achievement. Done for a brilliant cause. Godspeed bro. 👍👍👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tommydom said:

Not very often I post - but donation made for a brilliant cause mate - well done 

3 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

done - this has hit a nerve as my dad himself has recently been diagnosed with the big c so glad to chip in, all the best with it.

3 hours ago, Gakoe said:

Good luck Little shit. Whatever time you post or even distance covered it’ll be a mammoth achievement. Done for a brilliant cause. Godspeed bro. 👍👍👍

3 hours ago, Old Rascal said:

Just donated to hit your target. Good luck.

Cheers all, as I keep saying I really appreciate all the comments and donations. Hopefully one day we will beat this

• Like 3

Cheers to the other lads on here who have sponsored me as well today, I am completely shocked by the amount of support I have had from the city lads. 

I know the subject is very close to many people and reading the comments it has obviously affected many on here

• Like 1

Just wanted to update you all, me and my wife started at 7 30am today and finished just after 6pm. That was by far the hardest thing either of us have ever done and now feel like ours bodies are in pieces but we know it will only last a few days not like the people who have to suffer with cancer . We raised a total of just over £1000 between us and wanted to thank everyone who has helped us to achieve this 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Just wanted to update you all, me and my wife started at 7 30am today and finished just after 6pm. That was by far the hardest thing either of us have ever done and now feel like ours bodies are in pieces but we know it will only last a few days not like the people who have to suffer with cancer . We raised a total of just over £1000 between us and wanted to thank everyone who has helped us to achieve this 

Top stuff! Well done.

I hope this brings a bit more closure to the tragedy you went through.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2019 at 22:10, Bristol Rob said:

Top stuff! Well done.

I hope this brings a bit more closure to the tragedy you went through.

To be honest it has given me the buzz to do even more. 2 days on and my knee is still in pieces (it went at mile 24 so I was a hobbling mess for the rest) but despite that all i can think it a little pain for myself will help others who have to go weeks/months/years of chemo and dealing with this crap and even losing there lives. 

Into to plan my next venture now 😂

• Like 1

My wife survived her cancer. Macmillan was a great help to us especially as I had just become her carer.

It's great what you're doing.

Happy to contribute but please tell me where a pint costs £10 and I'll avoid that pub next time in BS3!

Keep going!

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

My wife survived her cancer. Macmillan was a great help to us especially as I had just become her carer.

It's great what you're doing.

Happy to contribute but please tell me where a pint costs £10 and I'll avoid that pub next time in BS3!

Keep going!

Glad your wife has come through her battle, that's is great news. 

Thank you so much. 

Haha I certainly wouldn't be paying £10 for a pint. When I started this thread I was hoping that maybe 10 people would sponsor me £3 or £4 each but wasn't sure if it would work or not but the support I have had from fellow fans (who I dont know) has been unreal.

I really am thankful to every single person who has sponsored me but you guys and girls on her have been unreal 

• Like 1