IGNORED

Anybody else unable...

Roger Red Hat

8 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

LJ's going to have to make KP into a better player than he is now. He's done it with others so lets hope he can do it again!

Palmer has no little skill and great power and pace. What he seems to lack at the moment is the discipline necessary to fit properly with our playing style, but I'm pretty sure this is something LJ can coach into him.

Could be a great asset for us if we do get him.

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Palmer has no little skill and great power and pace. What he seems to lack at the moment is the discipline necessary to fit properly with our playing style, but I'm pretty sure this is something LJ can coach into him.

Could be a great asset for us if we do get him.

I agree he has skill etc, but  I have observed on more than one occasion in his limited appearances, that when we are in defensive mode he tracks his man for bit then resorts to the 'pointing' method that previous like minded players have. I hope LJ can coach him to the next level, then he'll be a cracking player. For KP its time to upgrade or end up somewhere like the gas. That should be terrifying for him!

I know people who rated KP above out first choice Pato before KP had even started a game for us. I'm sure one has to judge on more than one start (Wolves) but it's too easy to rate a player just because he is new, different to current players and has a song about him! Like every single player in the squad I hope KP proves better than we all expect during this final part of the season -if this happens we are in the play offs so not the time to pick holes

14 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

I know people who rated KP above out first choice Pato before KP had even started a game for us. I'm sure one has to judge on more than one start (Wolves) but it's too easy to rate a player just because he is new, different to current players and has a song about him! Like every single player in the squad I hope KP proves better than we all expect during this final part of the season -if this happens we are in the play offs so not the time to pick holes

Let's not forget his contribution to Huddersfields promotion a few seasons ago. Palmer has more than enough experience at this level, just needs to get used to our play patterns and his role in the team to give us what we have seen in cameos so far but on a consistent basis 

Archived