IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

3 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Another game where the decision not to sign a striker to challenge diedhiou has been highlighted. Lots of poor players tonight all passing the ball to another hoping someone else will create something. If we get anything from the game it will come from COD or da Silva 

How do you know we didn’t try to sign one?

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

As bad as we've been it doesn't help that the ref is letting their players manhandle ours however they like. Diedhiou has no change against it on his own. Taylor on for Pack I'd say. 

No leave Pack on, bring Palmer,  Weimann off.

Scrub that, we need our attacking players on, bring off Pisano for Kelly, shift Dasilva to RB

Starting position of FBs and widemen is too high, makes it hard to get the ball to them and if we do Brum just shuffle across easily. We are getting beyond the ball when our receiving player has his back to goal. We’ve got to give simpler options and just cycle the ball. 

Ah well, second half resurrection kicking towards the South Stand.  

I watched only the 2nd part of the half: our play was messy, with many long balls for an isolated Fammy: O'Dowda and Palmer were ineffective, Dasilva shy, and our central midfielders gave theirs too much space sometimes.

Need to change some players: maybe Paterson and/or Eliasson in for Palmer and/or Weimann?

Firstly let me say I cannot question the commitment and nobody is hiding.

Pack has continued the poor form of Saturday, O'Dowda has been wasteful, Palmer and Wiemann not in the game and then Diedhiou he reminds of an iPhone that has missed several IOS updates rendering him 5 seconds behind real time, he had to hit the target with his chance.

Poor half of football, just wait for 45 minutes of what apparently is called professionalism from Birmingham.

The blues are playing well  disrupting our rhythm and countering us with pace, they have done their homework on us. I would say AW was only one of few attacking city players to get any credit this half. Would not be suprised to see Paterson come on at HT for palmer and if COd doesn't wake up  Elliasson  will be on soon after!

Crap first half from us. Too slow in and out of possession. They seem to want it more and are picking up most of the loose balls. 

Weimann unlucky with the shot that fizzed wide. Diedhiou should have scored with his chance but didn’t show enough composure. Other than that we’ve been second best. 

Eggplant reactions on my previous message. Ye, guys..but i m frustated. I m tired of big expectations not fullfiled. At least...we can stay all the season on the 10th place, not playing sometimes good and then the worst football. At least not playing with our hearts, i m doing this for the last 13 years since I became a fan of this team. A lot of crappy teams did it. Blackpool, Hull, Bournemouth, Qpr, Cardiff on low budget, and the list goes on....let s fukin do it one season, we have a billionaire and we have a new stadium. Our place shouldn't be in the second league based on that crappy teams that are UP.

3 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

I watched only the 2nd part of the half: our play was messy, with too many long balls for an isolated Fammy: O'Dowda and Palmer were ineffective, Dasilva too shy, and our central midfielders gave theirs too much space sometimes.

Need to change some players: maybe Paterson and/or Eliasson in for Palmer and/or Weimann?

Dasilva gets to the half way line and passes back to Kalas, who is playing left wing, Palmer looked to be and Wiemann, but Brum are playing with 2 banks of 4, we need wide runners, we could use Kelly.

Archived