IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

3 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

So far tonight he's missed a sitter, gave away a needless foul on the edge of our box, got booked, lost his runner for the goal, and has absolutely no first touch other than to knock it 6ft in front of him. So yep he is.

Thankfully that last 6ft in front of him touch was over the goal line.

9 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Fammy the scapegoat tonight I see - people forget he was class just days ago v top of the league. 

He can’t play so many games in that role in such a short space of time. 

Ah precisely.

We have no other options if he’s having a bad spell. Just have to pursue with him hoping he eventually bags one.

Edit: Right on time...

I really wouldn’t sack Johnson or change anything, I think you’ve got to make  peace with the club Lansdown has created.

I know he talks about the prem, but realistically it’s not likely.

I understand what @Fordy62 is saying when he points out that if we do ever go up it will need something extraordinary happening.

That said, it is fun watching city. 

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

Yes Fammy! Have that you moaning *******!!! 

As Sky reported 'he couldn't miss'.  Doesn't alter the comments on first half performance or overall play.

Still a base from which to strive for something from the game

A draw would be good as stopping any possible LJ slide

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I really wouldn’t sack Johnson or change anything, I think you’ve got to make  peace with the club Lansdown has created.

I know he talks about the prem, but realistically it’s not likely.

I understand what @Fordy62 is saying when he points out that if we do ever go up it will need something extraordinary happening.

That said, it is fun watching city. 

The team are currently sat in the play off positions off the back of five seasons of continuous improvement, I fail to see what is unrealistic about getting the PL within the next few years based on that sort of upward progress.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The team are currently sat in the play off positions off the back of five seasons of continuous improvement, I fail to see what is unrealistic about getting the PL within the next few years based on that sort of upward progress.

I think we are at our level at present. If we let players go in the summer and have to continually replace this is where we will remain. 

Its not a criticism, I like following us at present, the most discreetly, skillful team I think I’ve seen in the last 30 years.

Archived