IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

That was a bit like Norwich, got done by a couple of softish goals again tonight. Fam is not great as the one up top back to goal, although got nothing from the ref. A little better when he had Taylor playing around him. On this form Pato's got to start every game. 

Personally I think the team that finished the game tonight should be starting at Preston.

This team have enough quality to make the play offs.

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Welcome back Streaky Lee....

We all knew he would be back eventually ...

Come on, it’s not that bad.

This is the most talented team since 1991. 

Enjoy it. One day we could be back knocking around div 3.

We were very poor for 55 mins then huffed and puffed for the remanding of the game, some seriously poor performances tonight from a handful of players.. shown nothing of what has been winning us games...

think it shows we needed to get another striker in the January window and this will cost us not doing so, we need real competition for Fammy to benefit the team and him...

Have to say the ref has to be the worst I have seen all season, he certainly earned his brown brummy envelope tonight..

mind when brum get points doc will laugh all day long...

Let’s all be honest

We have no out and out striker/finisher in the club and if we are to progress then the management and the owner must go the full hog in the summer to bring one in

Fammy is a good impact player to bring off the bench when the opposition defenders are knackered  He can bully them  

I like Weimann but again never going to be the quality we need to push towards the Prem  

Taylor is clever but would never get 10 goals in the Championship  

Its so obvious to many of us but because the club were doing well when the Jan window kicked in they decided not to go for broke  

The problem being a top striker will cost loads and will the owner and board want to spend the money?

To please the fans and push the club forward then yes

Will they, doubtful 

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I agree with the first part of your sentence, but how long will people go and watch a team with no ambition.

I was being a **** in posting that and I want to see us in the top flight again.  I can’t tell whether we’re being ambitous or not?

Last season and this season we’re obviously in the mix but we just seem to fall short in these kind of games.  We must be where we are for a reason but this season I would have no confidence going into the playoffs. I get the approach, and it seems to be working but there just seems ‘something’ lacking.

It just doesn’t feel like balls to the wall time, it feels more like coasting.  

Maybe just my view on it.

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Let’s all be honest

We have no out and out striker/finisher in the club and if we are to progress then the management and the owner must go the full hog in the summer to bring one in

Fammy is a good impact player to bring off the bench when the opposition defenders are knackered  He can bully them  

I like Weimann but again never going to be the quality we need to push towards the Prem  

Its so obvious to many of us but because the club were doing well when the Jan window kicked in they decided not to go for broke  

The problem being a top striker will cost loads and will the owner and board want to spend the money?

Will they, doubtful 

Spot on...

Felt like we were trying to force it, they were anxious to get back to winning ways. Rather than play the football we’ve seen recently we played lots of long balls which played in to their hands.

We will learn from this and bounce back.

Bad day at the office, a few poor performances but we will bounce back.

Yes, the ref may have been poor but we didn’t do enough to win the game...we certainly didn’t test their keeper or create many decent chances.

Move on to the next game...surely we’re due a result at Deepdale??

4 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

We have lost 3 and the performances are degrading as we go.

Yes, but it's not worth bottling it now, is it?

Wolves are going well in the Prem, and Norwich are top.

Should have got at least a draw tonight at home, but it's no disaster; IF you keep some perspective.

:hug:

6 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Felt like we were trying to force it, they were anxious to get back to winning ways. 

Move on to the next game...surely we’re due a result st Deepdale??

As much as i absolutely do not want it to happen, with the way the refs are going a red card for an everyday 90-min player is overdue. Nobody wants an injur or players to fall off but we are changing three of four slots - LB, RB, RM, RF - with the same personnel like clockwork (Pato being the exception) and until now the results have gone our way.

We were winning games on clean sheets but don’t look like we have enough firepower to go and win 3-2 in a game like that.

Brum were like a Warnock team and I mean that at least as  half a compliment. Sort of side we always seem to struggle against. A very permissive ref then unpredictable ref didn’t help. Also showed centre-forwards with presence and menace can do. Having said that I thought Fam wasn’t bad today. Though if he hadn’t skyed that one in the first half things couldn’t been so different. 

1 minute ago, sephjnr said:

As much as i absolutely do not want it to happen, a red card for an everyday 90-min player is overdue. Nobody wants an injur or players to fall off but we are changing three of four slots - LB, RB, RM, RF - with the same personnel like clockwork and until now the results have gone our way.

Thought that would happen tonight. Felt for sure the ref would send one if ours off...and Pack was the most likely.

we do need cover in this area...how long before Korey is ready??

4 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

We have lost 3 and the performances are degrading as we go.

Exactly, this is what happens when no one deems it necessary to sign a striker who can score goals. Diedhou is being kicked twice a week for months, he cant have a break, we have nothing to come in

3 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Let’s all be honest

Will they, doubtful 

That's a fair enough point, but we might be limited by FFP in terms of the budget available for both signings and wages, and let's face it who was sensibly around in Jan that could make a difference? I'd like to have seen Hogan down here, but given that he is at Villa he has to be on stupid money.

Some of the names we were linked with might have been a bit of agent talk to either up the transfer value, get new deals offered, or to put a bit of pressure on managers to increase game time. None of the strikers who moved around seem to have set the world on fire.

Archived