IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

44 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Any one have a crowd prediction for tonight?  21k or 22k perhaps?  How many Brummies are coming? They can combine the game with a warm sunny day in WSM - even nice enough for a dip in the mudbath we call the Bristol Channel if they bring their towels.

Would hope for at least 20k for a big game like this. Had only sold 18k on Friday though.

49 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Any one have a crowd prediction for tonight?  21k or 22k perhaps?  How many Brummies are coming? They can combine the game with a warm sunny day in WSM - even nice enough for a dip in the mudbath we call the Bristol Channel if they bring their towels.

Just over 1k i believe. Poor show really. Although at £35 or whatever it is im not surprised!

35 minutes ago, The Gambler said:

That Charlie Mulgrew stat is incredible.

Crazy isn't it. I think I've seen goals from corners twice live in 20 odd years (Jamie McAllister vs Burnley iirc & Mulgrew vs us this season) 

Edit: Think I'm imagining that McAllister goal, can't find any record of it so perhaps I've only seen one! 

15 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Crazy isn't it. I think I've seen goals from corners twice live in 20 odd years (Jamie McAllister vs Burnley iirc & Mulgrew vs us this season) 

Edit: Think I'm imagining that McAllister goal, can't find any record of it so perhaps I've only seen one! 

I think McAllister scored direct from a corner against Sheffield United.

Tough to call. 

Brum will be happy to try and contain us and look to nick something on the counter, and we're not so good at breaking sides down who don't come to play. 

But if they have any real aspirations of play-offs themselves then they need to go for it. 3 pts off a close rival is worth playing for, and I'm sure Monk will have them up for it. 

That said, I expect it to be a bit cagey and a single goal to win it.

Webster header from O'Dowda corner. 1-0. 

11 hours ago, mozo said:

It's a ridiculously huge opportunity and I won't be able to think about anything else all day...

I predict a nervy draw.

Bollocks.

3-1 to the mighty Bristol City.

COYFR!!!!!

:chant6ez:

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am I the only one that always fears the worst when we are due to play Preston?

In my mind we always struggle against them, I fear the worst for tonight and Saturday - Please let me be wrong !

Your wish is granted - you are indeed wrong.

Morning all! Just got out of bed, scrolling OTIB, drinking my breakfast cuppa before having to go outside and clear last nights snowfall before settling down and trying to find a feed for tonight's game ! Would love 3 points and a Fammy goal feast against Brum to make up for the ludicrous 6 game suspension they conspired to get him, nice points cushion would be lovely to take into the weekend, COYRs!

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am I the only one that always fears the worst when we are due to play Preston?

In my mind we always struggle against them, I fear the worst for tonight and Saturday - Please let me be wrong !

Just Preston?

I always fear the worst when we are due to play anyone - a 50 year track record has sadly seen the club live down to those expectations far too often.

Having said that, this team does seem to be made of tougher stuff and there's no disgrace in the last 2 defeats. Having said that, the pressure will be on tonight as we need to get back to winning ways quickly. As you say, Preston away is one of those games that has defeat written all over it, and  if we got to 4 games losing or without a win, then the natives will get very restless and the team will be under real pressure as the promotion race hots up. 

A scrappy result tonight will do just fine.

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Really hoping that Brum see this as a must win to stay on the tails of the play off spots . If they come for the win , it could be a great game and I’d be confident that we’ll come out on top . We’re usually at our best against teams that play a bit ! 

That would be a bit unusual for Gary Monk.

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

@Septic Peg are you going to stand for this kind of insubordination? 

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. 

I do believe young Wendy resents my comedic style, hence starting the thread 13 hours ago, but jealousy should perhaps be channelled into inspiration to achieve better. 

Up the City! :P

14 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Possibly the earliest matchay thread ever?

Really looking forward to tonight, even though I haven't gone to bed yet last night.

Having lost v Wolves and Narridge even though giving a good account of ourselves, It's now time for us to show that the wheels have not fallen off and that we are still a serious contender at the top of the Championship.

This won't be an easy game with Gary Monk keeping 11 behind the ball and they will be very hard to break down.

3 points tonight will put us 5 points clear of FLDC in 7th place even though the automatics do look a bit beyond our reach.  A point, though not desirable, would not be a complete disaaster.

From a team perspective, will Nicky be fit? Will Korey be fit enough for the bench? Will we have a RB fit or will BW play there again?  Will there be room for Eliasson on the right? Has Fam done enough to keep his place upfront? and what formation and tactics eill Lee want to use from his birds eye perch in the directors box all sprinng to mind.

Expected team:

Fielding

Pisano Kalas Webster DaSilva

Pack

Weimann Brownhill Paterson O'Dowda

Diedhiou

If Wright gets a start after his nightmate at Narridge, I would be surprised and I would like to See Eliasson in with either patto or Andi Weimann dropping to the bench.

As for the history of Brum and what a dump Birmingham is, I will leave that to Septic snd Havanat.

You must be drunk still if you think korey might be fit for the bench! He's not even back training yet!

Source ( korey Smith)

17 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Korey is running, but only in straight lines (source LJ). He's not going to be anywhere near the team let alone the bench for ages.

Sounds like Marlon Pack...

Less than three hours... Panic! Panic! Panic!

Archived