IGNORED

Penalty fares on the train

phantom

• Admin

Just noticed the in the courts section on the Bristol Post website all the cases below were on the same day, there a similar sized list in the Weston Mercury last week too.

I always thought the fine was £20 or the equivilent single fare travelled whatever was the greater amount

All the compensation seem to be for £190 + the cost of the original ticket - has something changed in the area?

Johnathan Barrett, 35, of Potters Hill, Felton, Bristol, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £197, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £7.

Sarah Boukhemkhem, 35, of Moorfield Road, Backwell, Bristol, was fined £60 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £194.70, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £4.70.

James Brazil, 31, of Davey Road, Tewkesbury, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £207.40, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £17.40.

James Cooke, 21, of Boundary Road, Coalpit Heath, Bristol, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £220.10, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £30.10.

Christopher Ellis, of Kelfield Avenue, Birmingham, was fined £300 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £248.90, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £58.90 and for not passing through the barrier in the correct manner.

Michael Foster, 39, of Railway Close, Westbury, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £23.40, for failing to hand over a ticket for inspection and verification of validity when asked to do so by an authorised person when not in a designated compulsory ticket area on a railway.

Zeeshan Haseeb, 22, of Coventry Road, Ilford, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £310.70, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £120.70.

Darren Heredith, 51, of Clapton Walk, Bristol, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £197.80, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £7.80.

David Hodson, 37, of Walton Road, Oldbury, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £248.90, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £58.90.

Richard House, 48, of Holbaek Close, Dorchester, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £208.10, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £18.10.

Darren Inkpen, 48, of Room 5 Amigos Back-Packers, Morgan Avenue, Torquay, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £262, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £72.

Lester Lloyd, 36, of Clare House, Hawthorn Avenue, London, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £295.70, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £105.70.

Dean Ludlow, 46, of St Clements Court, Soundwell Road, Bristol, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £248.80, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £58.80.

Thomas McDonald, 51, of Appleby Drive, Bootle, Liverpool, was fined £300 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £201, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £11 and for not passing through the barrier in the correct manner.

Danial Parsons, of Heol-Y-Gwrgan, Port Talbot, Wales, was fined £60 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £212.20, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £22.20.

Jamie Powise, 24, of Jaycroft Road, Burnham-on-Sea, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £201, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £11.

Christopher Smart, 27, of Tudor Road, Hanham, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £193, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £3.

Anil Teji, 36, of Calrton Road, London, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £301, for entering a train for the purpose of travelling without having a valid ticket.

Simon Valler, 36, of Jamaica Street, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £257.50, for failing to hand over a ticket for inspection and verification of validity when asked to do so by an authorised person when not in a designated compulsory ticket area on a railway.

Natasha Wilson, 35, of Sandyleaze, Gloucester, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £207.40, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £17.40.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Just noticed the in the courts section on the Bristol Post website all the cases below were on the same day, there a similar sized list in the Weston Mercury last week too.

I always thought the fine was £20 or the equivilent single fare travelled whatever was the greater amount

All these fines seem to be for £190 + the cost of the original ticket - has something changed in the area?

Johnathan Barrett, 35, of Potters Hill, Felton, Bristol, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £197, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £7.

Sarah Boukhemkhem, 35, of Moorfield Road, Backwell, Bristol, was fined £60 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £194.70, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £4.70.

James Brazil, 31, of Davey Road, Tewkesbury, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £207.40, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £17.40.

James Cooke, 21, of Boundary Road, Coalpit Heath, Bristol, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £220.10, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £30.10.

Christopher Ellis, of Kelfield Avenue, Birmingham, was fined £300 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £248.90, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £58.90 and for not passing through the barrier in the correct manner.

Michael Foster, 39, of Railway Close, Westbury, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £23.40, for failing to hand over a ticket for inspection and verification of validity when asked to do so by an authorised person when not in a designated compulsory ticket area on a railway.

Zeeshan Haseeb, 22, of Coventry Road, Ilford, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £310.70, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £120.70.

Darren Heredith, 51, of Clapton Walk, Bristol, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £197.80, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £7.80.

David Hodson, 37, of Walton Road, Oldbury, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £248.90, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £58.90.

Richard House, 48, of Holbaek Close, Dorchester, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £208.10, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £18.10.

Darren Inkpen, 48, of Room 5 Amigos Back-Packers, Morgan Avenue, Torquay, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £262, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £72.

Lester Lloyd, 36, of Clare House, Hawthorn Avenue, London, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £295.70, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £105.70.

Dean Ludlow, 46, of St Clements Court, Soundwell Road, Bristol, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £248.80, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £58.80.

Thomas McDonald, 51, of Appleby Drive, Bootle, Liverpool, was fined £300 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £201, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £11 and for not passing through the barrier in the correct manner.

Danial Parsons, of Heol-Y-Gwrgan, Port Talbot, Wales, was fined £60 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £212.20, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £22.20.

Jamie Powise, 24, of Jaycroft Road, Burnham-on-Sea, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £201, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £11.

Christopher Smart, 27, of Tudor Road, Hanham, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £193, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £3.

Anil Teji, 36, of Calrton Road, London, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £301, for entering a train for the purpose of travelling without having a valid ticket.

Simon Valler, 36, of Jamaica Street, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £257.50, for failing to hand over a ticket for inspection and verification of validity when asked to do so by an authorised person when not in a designated compulsory ticket area on a railway.

Natasha Wilson, 35, of Sandyleaze, Gloucester, was fined £220 and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £207.40, for travelling on a train without paying a fare of £17.40.

What a bunch of bastards.

7 hours ago, phantom said:

I wonder what he did? Moonwalked?

8 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

It's not as simple as that. What if you haven't got any money? 

Call it a loan to pay back 'in kind' in the Scrubbs, in the showers.

?

8 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I can’t tell if you are being serious or not...

Are you being serious?

I was on a train about a year ago. A young couple got on at a station and didn’t have a ticket but when the conductor ( is that what they are called?) came around they tried to buy a ticket. He asked where they had got on and the correctly told him WSM and they wanted to travel to Cardiff. He said as WSM had a ticket office/manned station they should have purchased the tickets there. They explained they had ran for the train so didn’t. They said they knew they would have to pay top price, eg no off peak allowances. The conductor said as he wasn’t sure where they had got on he would have to charge them from the beginning of the journey, think it was Plymouth or somewhere. It was about £200 and they had expected about £30!

They were sat by me and I did try speaking up for them saying they had certainly got on at WSM but the conductor wasn’t having any of it. The bloke was insistent he would only pay the fare between the two places, the conductor insisted it was Plymouth to Cardiff. The couple weren’t abusive or threatening in anyway but the Conductor wanted their names and address, the bloke refused saying he didn’t have the right to ask for them as they were offering to pay what he thought was the correct fair. The girl gave over her bank card and the guard took the full fare, I think she was getting embarrassed. The conductor then went away and the couple then thanked me for trying to help.

Five minutes later the conductor was back, he obviously been in contact with someone as he came back and was quite insistent that he had their details. Again the man refused saying the girl had given her name on the bank card and payment had been taken. They said they had paid out of protest but would be going to the rail company and claiming it back. The conductor then lingered a few feet away. When we got to TM transport police were on the platform as we pulled in. I saw the couple being taken off the train and questioned. I stood nearly for a few moments as I had tried to help, and would again but they didn’t seem to need me so I left. 

Crazy huh?

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was on a train about a year ago. A young couple got on at a station and didn’t have a ticket but when the conductor ( is that what they are called?) came around they tried to buy a ticket. He asked where they had got on and the correctly told him WSM and they wanted to travel to Cardiff. He said as WSM had a ticket office/manned station they should have purchased the tickets there. They explained they had ran for the train so didn’t. They said they knew they would have to pay top price, eg no off peak allowances. The conductor said as he wasn’t sure where they had got on he would have to charge them from the beginning of the journey, think it was Plymouth or somewhere. It was about £200 and they had expected about £30!

They were sat by me and I did try speaking up for them saying they had certainly got on at WSM but the conductor wasn’t having any of it. The bloke was insistent he would only pay the fare between the two places, the conductor insisted it was Plymouth to Cardiff. The couple weren’t abusive or threatening in anyway but the Conductor wanted their names and address, the bloke refused saying he didn’t have the right to ask for them as they were offering to pay what he thought was the correct fair. The girl gave over her bank card and the guard took the full fare, I think she was getting embarrassed. The conductor then went away and the couple then thanked me for trying to help.

Five minutes later the conductor was back, he obviously been in contact with someone as he came back and was quite insistent that he had their details. Again the man refused saying the girl had given her name on the bank card and payment had been taken. They said they had paid out of protest but would be going to the rail company and claiming it back. The conductor then lingered a few feet away. When we got to TM transport police were on the platform as we pulled in. I saw the couple being taken off the train and questioned. I stood nearly for a few moments as I had tried to help, and would again but they didn’t seem to need me so I left. 

Crazy huh?

Bentley in for its monthly wax, was it?

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

While I agree that you should buy a ticket, with the way the train companies rob the public I have little sympathy for them if some people are getting away with it.

Agree entirely. Yes you should always buy a ticket, but £150 quid to travel to London and back is criminal. Can fly abroad for cheaper.

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Exactly! ....you can’t get on any other form of transport without buying a ticket so why should a train be any different! ...buy a ticket or face the consequences! 

As a kid we used to sneak onto the school bus. We thought we were really sneaky but I think the bus driver just didn’t care!

Archived