IGNORED

Millwall away

BCFC1512

9 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I agree. 

Fingers crossed either team don’t need anything ?

Will be quite the police operating if we both do. Last year there were helicopters circling The Den and surrounding areas and whilst it was a big game it wasn’t the penultimate game of the season.

Then hopefully Leeds away in the playoffs if we get into them.

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

Oh yeah @JulieH whilst you’re here, I noticed there was a police presence in Bedminster last night including horses strolling down the high street. Was this a result of the Swansea game or are Birmingham fans seen as potential for trouble?

No nothing to do with Swansea game, the Birmingham game was always being policed , really low numbers of police were used on it including the horses . 

No issues at all between the sets of fans 

21 hours ago, JulieH said:

I agree. 

Fingers crossed either team don’t need anything ?

Dear Julie,

Any idea why the game is not being played next week? Neither team have a mid week fixture but it has taken 10 days from Millwall's fifth round success on 16th Feb to announce the change (as announced on 26th). Police issues? Oddly, no comments from either club when both would be benefit from the fixture being next week than 7/8 fixtures in April.

On 26/02/2019 at 15:40, Bar BS3 said:

Has any night in Hull, let alone a Saturday night, ever appealed to anyone..?! 

Went to a mates wedding there once, the friday night before the doo was actually really good, lots of good pubs, all humming, but no girls allowed out on friday, After the wedding on the saturday went to the local BP Social Club, girls now allowed, which had a great cabaret, cheap beer and was really nice. Wasn't bad at all, but very northern

• Admin
On 28/02/2019 at 12:52, The Original OTIB said:

Why are we not playing Millwall next week when neither has a midweek fixture? Does anybody know? All very quiet on the subject.

Maybe both clubs preferred to play it during the last week of the season?

On 28/02/2019 at 13:06, The Original OTIB said:

Dear Julie,

Any idea why the game is not being played next week? Neither team have a mid week fixture but it has taken 10 days from Millwall's fifth round success on 16th Feb to announce the change (as announced on 26th). Police issues? Oddly, no comments from either club when both would be benefit from the fixture being next week than 7/8 fixtures in April.

any news please?

7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Now known:

The Metropolitan Police and Millwall both did not want the rearranged game on either 5th or 6th March. Apparently, despite knowing of the fixture change from 16th February onwards, they both agreed there was insufficient time to put the necessary "security" in place. What a load of cobblers.

No idea what Millwall are going to do now if they win their FA Cup QF. There's no more space to fit a game in! They'll have to go Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday or something. 

7 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

No idea what Millwall are going to do now if they win their FA Cup QF. There's no more space to fit a game in! They'll have to go Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday or something. 

Just checked, they're due to play West Brom on semi-final day. And Swansea are in the same boat - due to play Middlesbrough. So could play into our hands actually.

Something to consider for those planning on getting the train, the last train back is at 2330 which will be fine as long as The Met don’t hold us back, but if it’s a game where one of us having something to play for it’s a nailed on certainty.

How long for I’ve no idea, it’s usually until they’ve cleared the home ends and for clubs like Brum, Sheff Utd etc in the past it’s been over an hour.

I hope it doesn’t apply but it’s something to take into account. Considering staying the night. 

19 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Something to consider for those planning on getting the train, the last train back is at 2330 which will be fine as long as The Met don’t hold us back, but if it’s a game where one of us having something to play for it’s a nailed on certainty.

How long for I’ve no idea, it’s usually until they’ve cleared the home ends and for clubs like Brum, Sheff Utd etc in the past it’s been over an hour.

I hope it doesn’t apply but it’s something to take into account. Considering staying the night. 

They’ll hold the train, believe me.

13 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Last season they let us out first, and held Millwall back

Archived