IGNORED

Millwall away

BCFC1512

15 minutes ago, JulieH said:

My personal view is that it depends on how important the fixture is with regards to final league positions. 

I get that , but what does the top their hold , 2 1/2  to 3 thousand ? I'd be surprised if we took more, pleased , but surprised.

8 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Do you think we will take the 3 1/2 - 4 thousand that Norwich took ?

If we are still in the top 6 race then yes easily! I remember Charlton away few years back. Think we sold 900 odd in advance and charlton made it POD expecting 100 or so and we had 1000s there!

Getting ahead of ourselves a bit here I think, I would be very surprised if the Met or Millwall would want 3200 tickets available to City fans due to the longstanding history between us and them and I would be even more surprised that we would need that many for a midweek game, if it was a game that could clinch promotion then yes but not for a game that has a bearing on reaching play offs. We struggled to sell our ticket allocation for an actual play off game against Palace.

On 26/02/2019 at 18:47, archie andrews said:

quite a few have had the bottom tier Mr P......west ham bout 15 years ago stands out for some reason....

Norwich had the bottom tier yesterday

13 hours ago, weepywall said:

Getting ahead of ourselves a bit here I think, I would be very surprised if the Met or Millwall would want 3200 tickets available to City fans due to the longstanding history between us and them and I would be even more surprised that we would need that many for a midweek game, if it was a game that could clinch promotion then yes but not for a game that has a bearing on reaching play offs. We struggled to sell our ticket allocation for an actual play off game against Palace.

**** the police, history or not they need to do their job

1 hour ago, Head in the clouds said:

Norwich had the bottom tier yesterday

**** the police, history or not they need to do their job

Yes...I tend to agree- but it's easier from their pov as we have seen here and at other grounds, for them to put restrictions on- or in this case rather than put them on, simply not open up the possibility.

Norwich and Millwall so far as I know have no particular previous. We do- do you think they would give Cardiff, or Leeds, Stoke for that matter the bottom tier? We are unfortunately closer historically to these categories in the context of our games v Millwall at least, than say Norwich are.

Let's be honest here, would you want to be in that bottom tier if our fixture sent Millwall down? I can't see the met police letting us utilise the bottom tier regardless but if Millwall need something from the game, there's no chance we will get it. 

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Let's be honest here, would you want to be in that bottom tier if our fixture sent Millwall down? I can't see the met police letting us utilise the bottom tier regardless but if Millwall need something from the game, there's no chance we will get it. 

Yes, I’d love to send Millwall down. They’ve gone for shirters and played up at Ashton Gate many times over the years, it’d be brilliant to see the usual bellends on the left who spend the game making slit throat gestures at the away end rather than watching the football in tears.

41 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Yes, I’d love to send Millwall down. They’ve gone for shirters and played up at Ashton Gate many times over the years, it’d be brilliant to see the usual bellends on the left who spend the game making slit throat gestures at the away end rather than watching the football in tears.

I don't disagree with the point of your post BR but those in the bottom tier would, undoubtedly, be targeted by said idiots.That's why the Met won't let us have the lower tier IMHO. 

7 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't disagree with the point of your post BR but those in the bottom tier would, undoubtedly, be targeted by said idiots.That's why the Met won't let us have the lower tier IMHO. 

I do agree they won’t give us it. The 2,200 allocation should be fine anyway.

18 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Norwich had it on saturday? Why can't we? 

Norwich are about as family friendly as it gets, look at their ‘derby games’ against Ipswich and the amount of segregation that there is...

unfortunately, when we play millwall it will always attract a fair few idiots and with the history between the two sides there is no chance whatsoever we will be allowed what Norwich had on Saturday, especially with it being a night game

18 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Norwich had it on saturday? Why can't we? 

Because we aren't Norwich mate. If it was Leeds, Brum, Sheffield Utd etc on Saturday none of them would've got the bottom tier (they've all already played Millwall, none of them got it). The Met don't even give us the bottom tier at QPR, let alone at Millwall.

43 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Norwich are about as family friendly as it gets, look at their ‘derby games’ against Ipswich and the amount of segregation that there is...

unfortunately, when we play millwall it will always attract a fair few idiots and with the history between the two sides there is no chance whatsoever we will be allowed what Norwich had on Saturday, especially with it being a night game

Tbh Ipswich fans did cause damage in the concourse at Norwich last season (if it was Rovers it would have been £x grand of improvement!)O, but perhaps for that game they attract a few idiots. Dunno ifg Norwich have done the same at Ipswich- never heard of it, they are along with Ipswich the best behaved fans at this level and no mistake IMO.

Regardless though, this is correct.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh Ipswich fans did cause damage in the concourse at Norwich last season (if it was Rovers it would have been £x grand of improvement!)O, but perhaps for that game they attract a few idiots. Dunno ifg Norwich have done the same at Ipswich- never heard of it, they are along with Ipswich the best behaved fans at this level and no mistake IMO.

Regardless though, this is correct.

Yeah they did, and it made the press (link below) and there are videos of them on social media ripping the lights down and such, which is why I was questioning on here yesterday the supposed thousands of pounds of damage Leeds did in the Atyeo. Sure @JulieH will confirm?

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/police-probe-criminal-damage-at-norwich-s-carrow-road-stadium-as-video-footage-emerges-from-ipswich-town-derby-day-match-1-5400296

11 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Yeah they did, and it made the press (link below) and there are videos of them on social media ripping the lights down and such, which is why I was questioning on here yesterday the supposed thousands of pounds of damage Leeds did in the Atyeo. Sure @JulieH will confirm?

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/police-probe-criminal-damage-at-norwich-s-carrow-road-stadium-as-video-footage-emerges-from-ipswich-town-derby-day-match-1-5400296

Pretty sure Leeds did damage in away end last season, but as ever, @JulieH will be able to confirm.

The East Anglian one does interest me because it's perceived as a derby with no edge, no idiots, the friendly derby- loose segregation- yet the below article. Minority yes but paradox! I'm sure it was a fairly exceptional event, but shows things aren't always so simple.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pretty sure Leeds did damage in away end last season, but as ever, @JulieH will be able to confirm.

The East Anglian one does interest me because it's perceived as a derby with no edge, no idiots, the friendly derby- loose segregation- yet the below article. Minority yes but paradox! I'm sure it was a fairly exceptional event, but shows things aren't always so simple.

I think you're right, there were videos being put out before the game the other week by both clubs of fans drinking together outside the stadium and such and Ipswich fans in full merchandise walking through without bother, seems to be just an isolated incident.

Didn't hear about Leeds so we'll wait and see, only singles left in the ground now for Saturday. Wonder if they'll open up the Atyeo to home fans?

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Isn't the merseyside derby meant to be surprisingly tame as well? "Away fans" in the home end with family members etc.

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

I think you're right, there were videos being put out before the game the other week by both clubs of fans drinking together outside the stadium and such and Ipswich fans in full merchandise walking through without bother, seems to be just an isolated incident.

Didn't hear about Leeds so we'll wait and see, only singles left in the ground now for Saturday. Wonder if they'll open up the Atyeo to home fans?

It's a hard one to say- police wouldn't insist on midday Sunday kickoffs if there was no edge- it's been Sunday lunchtime most of the time I remember since I started following football.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/former-top-referee-carrow-road-most-aggressive-atmosphere-that-i-ve-ever-encountered-1-4236493

Leeds- can't see them opening it up if they only want to give 10% of capacity for safety reasons, especially with the Swansea game in mind and Leeds fans on that site you quoted a little while ago- Waccoe?- talking about buying in Dolman blocks close to Atyeo and parts of the Lansdown. Still I assumed we'd stick to the 10% rule this season and we broke that vs Aston Villa and Swansea so who the hell knows!

3 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

Isn't the merseyside derby meant to be surprisingly tame as well? "Away fans" in the home end with family members etc.

Possibly yes, that's the one best known as the friendly derby. The East Anglian one is harder to say- I work with an Ipswich fan, may chat to them about it later. Overall pretty friendly I'd say, but not always.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a hard one to say- police wouldn't insist on midday Sunday kickoffs if there was no edge- it's been Sunday lunchtime most of the time I remember since I started following football.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/former-top-referee-carrow-road-most-aggressive-atmosphere-that-i-ve-ever-encountered-1-4236493

Leeds- can't see them opening it up if they only want to give 10% of capacity for safety reasons, especially with the Swansea game in mind and Leeds fans on that site you quoted a little while ago- Waccoe?- talking about buying in Dolman blocks close to Atyeo and parts of the Lansdown. Still I assumed we'd stick to the 10% rule this season and we broke that vs Aston Villa and Swansea so who the hell knows!

Interesting point, always seems to be on a Sunday but just assumed that was the TV choice. Seems odd that the Sheffield derby gets passed for a Friday night fixture two seasons in a row but Norwich Ipswich won't.

So did I regarding the away allocation given we didn't give Forest more than the 10% on the opening day, given it passed without trouble that probably helped the club made a decision. 

14 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

The Atyeo won't be opened up to home fans, no chance whatsoever

11 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Interesting point, always seems to be on a Sunday but just assumed that was the TV choice. Seems odd that the Sheffield derby gets passed for a Friday night fixture two seasons in a row but Norwich Ipswich won't.

So did I regarding the away allocation given we didn't give Forest more than the 10% on the opening day, given it passed without trouble that probably helped the club made a decision. 

Seems to be a police decision. Either Norfolk & Suffolk constabularies are uniquely inept at dealing with football (and let's face it SYP, WMP, Heddlu etc would all have a claim) or there has been serious trouble in the past. Im sure I remember reading of some trouble unless I dreamt it at a night game between them- however they should put the friendly derby thesis to the test and police should allow it in a future season- might be a lively atmosphere too in either of these slots. 5.30pm on a Saturday or 7.45pm on Easter Monday/August Bank Holiday- friendly derby ,no? :laughcont:

@JBFC II Agree- I can't see it at all on Saturday.

As for Millwall away, the club should at least as a theory, try and blindside Millwall and the Met a bit- if it looks like there will be something riding on it for us, offer to pay for the extra policing and stewarding that the lower tier and keeping them safe from Millwall's adjacent stands would require. They may still say no of course.

However, to set a precedent it probably wouldn't happen,. because Brighton don't get the lower tier for their FA Cup game there due to safety advice.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/march/club-statement-fa-cup-allocation/

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As for Millwall away, the club should at least as a theory, try and blindside Millwall and the Met a bit- if it looks like there will be something riding on it for us, offer to pay for the extra policing and stewarding that the lower tier and keeping them safe from Millwall's adjacent stands would require. They may still say no of course.

However, to set a precedent it probably wouldn't happen,. because Brighton don't get the lower tier for their FA Cup game there due to safety advice.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/march/club-statement-fa-cup-allocation/

Would love that to happen but I don't think the club are particularly arsed about our away support. Other clubs offer incentives like free coach travel or subsidise away tickets but we don't seem to bother with any of it.

38 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Would love that to happen but I don't think the club are particularly arsed about our away support. Other clubs offer incentives like free coach travel or subsidise away tickets but we don't seem to bother with any of it.

Yeah, feel the club could do a bit more.

Like I say, even if was ultimately refused for many reasons, it would be a fantastic sign of intent, that maybe the club would start to help with the costs of away travel etc.

Probably right @HIGHRIDGE BCFC however us offering to pay the cost of extra policing and stewarding in exchange for getting the lower tier- wonder how it could change the equation?

That Millwall fan who posts on here from time to time- can't remember their name- could advise perhaps if this is at all remotely possible?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah, feel the club could do a bit more.

Like I say, even if was ultimately refused for many reasons, it would be a fantastic sign of intent, that maybe the club would start to help with the costs of away travel etc.

Probably right @HIGHRIDGE BCFC however us offering to pay the cost of extra policing and stewarding in exchange for getting the lower tier- wonder how it could change the equation?

That Millwall fan who posts on here from time to time- can't remember their name- could advise perhaps if this is at all remotely possible?

No this has never happened and tbh I would not think it ever will unless the club are personally able to provide more police out of an secret box. ?

policing numbers at football matches are increasingly under pressure from other areas of crime and therefore there aren’t actually more police able to be provided even if the cost was shared, higher priorities within London area I am sure will come before a game where some of the risk can be mitigated by reducing numbers of away fans . 

Archived