IGNORED

Brendan Rodgers' Leicester City

downendcity

BR confirmed as The Foxes new manager.

"i'll give my life to make supporters proud of their club" said Rodgers, which after recent sad events at the club might not be the best choice of comment he could have made.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

BR confirmed as The Foxes new manager.

"i'll give my life to make supporters proud of their club" said Rodgers, which after recent sad events at the club might not be the best choice of comment he could have made.

Love you're wit Mark, good point though. And a good appointment too, shows they are an ambitious club, and what's always annoyed to me is their city is much smaller than ours - ah well.... oh for an ambitious owner...who really wants it... 

BR was being bigged up on TalkSport this morning going on about his impressive record at Celtic and that he’d blown the change of become a legend.......legend of what exactly?     :cool2:

Its the SPL.....ffs.......not much betterthan L2 standard and Celtic never played anyone decent......and pissed the league as everyone expected and when they played in Europe they regularly got stuffed but virtually every other team.

Rodgers has returned to the PL because of the money that’s available for him to develop a club in a way he couldn’t do in Scotland. 

I for one don't blame him.

25 minutes ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Wonder how long before Steven Gerrard wises up and realises there's more to football than being top dog in the bigotry derby every few weeks or so. 

He’ll get some experience of losing in minor European competitions which could serve him well when he takes over at Leicester City in a few years time . 

I had a few beers with some Celtic fans a few years ago when I was in Istanbul for work. They were there for a Europa league game. Absolute nutters, but good blokes.

They still view themselves as a big club - this is why their fans have reacted so badly. They consider Leicester inferior to them and a smaller club. Hence their Messiah Rodgers has overnight turned into a pariah

I suppose it depends on what metrics you use to define a big club, but I certainly think Rodgers should have waited until the season ended to move. I’m sure Leicester would have waited and it would have allowed him to end on a high. He could have left saying he had achieved all he could.

It’s less about leaving for Leicester (every Celtic fan knew BR would want to return to the EPL before too long), and more about the way he left.

We’ve all be conditioned by ‘modern football’ to expect a lack of loyalty from everyone in the game, but when you have a manager that has built such a connection with supporters and has made statement after statement about how it’s his dream job, how it’s his club, how it isn’t a stepping stone to the EPL, you can understand some of the venom (not including the outrageous threats highlighted above), when he suddenly bails out (and tries to take the entire backroom team with him) the day before a huge match at a vital part of the season.

I’m very surprised he didn’t stay until the end of the season to cement his legacy, at which point he would have left with best wishes from the majority of supporters, but BR is a good manager and ultimately is focused on his own career above all else. 

4 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

It’s less about leaving for Leicester (every Celtic fan knew BR would want to return to the EPL before too long), and more about the way he left.

We’ve all be conditioned by ‘modern football’ to expect a lack of loyalty from everyone in the game, but when you have a manager that has built such a connection with supporters and has made statement after statement about how it’s his dream job, how it’s his club, how it isn’t a stepping stone to the EPL, you can understand some of the venom (not including the outrageous threats highlighted above), when he suddenly bails out (and tries to take the entire backroom team with him) the day before a huge match at a vital part of the season.

I’m very surprised he didn’t stay until the end of the season to cement his legacy, at which point he would have left with best wishes from the majority of supporters, but BR is a good manager and ultimately is focused on his own career above all else. 

Great post

1 hour ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

And why shouldn't he?, that's the way the game is these days, players are overpaid badge kissing pussies one week, paid even more overpaid badge kissing a different badge pussies another week?

The antics of the Chelsea keeper on Sunday has shown how little respect tossers like him have for the fans and employers, it's the way the game is and it will get worse.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And why shouldn't he?, that's the way the game is these days, players are overpaid badge kissing pussies one week, paid even more overpaid badge kissing a different badge pussies another week?

The antics of the Chelsea keeper on Sunday has shown how little respect tossers like him have for the fans and employers, it's the way the game is and it will get worse.

Yeah ultimately you can absolutely hate the way he’s done it, but I can’t really blame him. It’s a selfish game all about self-preservation above all else.

Sadly, more fool any of us that believe that in this day and age someone might actually have some moral fibre left :( 

Archived