IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

Bar BS3

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Nice. great to see that after getting beat tonight. Or is the dig at Palmer coming from the defender of everything City.?

It’s obviously a dig at Palmer. 

Although he probably couldn’t muster the effort to take his pants off. 

Shockingly bad tonight! 

You can see his quality but he loses the ball too often and too deep. Almost like to see him as a striker so when he loses it would be further up the pitch. Not a great night but he still has work to do. Very rare Jan signings come in and click for the entire second half of the season

10 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Drifted out of position far to much 

No more than Paterson does when playing the same role. 

Needs to learn to play the simple ball rather than trying to beat everyone...that will come.

Thought he was better off the ball tonight than previously...still needs to work on this but did close others and press

3 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

No more than Paterson does when playing the same role. 

Needs to learn to play the simple ball rather than trying to beat everyone...that will come.

Thought he was better off the ball tonight than previously...still needs to work on this but did close try and close others and press

But when Patterson came on we lifted the game. 

Palmer just spending to much time and energy chancing the ball all over the pitch instead of being in the right place to begin with, this then makes him knackered after 30 minutes and unable to do anything, don't see him as anything more that an impact sub to put on with 15 to go if we need something to happen, 

10 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Surprised Kasey is being singled out tonight.

I thought Brownhill had one of his worst games in a city shirt. Completely anonymous and lost Every. Single. Tackle.

I thought Brownhill was superb tonight! As did everyone around me and those I’m with in the pub now..! 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I thought Brownhill was superb tonight! As did everyone around me and those I’m with in the pub now..! 

Different view points then BS3.

Me and my mates remarked, that the first 45 was the most we'd seen a player run while not impacting the game.

Too slow in possession losing momentum. He pulled out of two 50:50s as he was completely bossed by Kieftenbeld. 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Seriously you should watch the game again 

Kasey was crap. Not denying that.

However none of the starting 5 midfielders come out with any credit tonight. Non existent.

The only reason Diedhiou had any chance of scoring tonight, outside of his tap in, was a Weimann pass and a lovely turn. Criminal that he didn't bury that.

Besides that it was mostly scraps.

Let’s not write him off until at least March!!

you could see he was having to come very deep to collect the ball because no-one was finding him.

Agree he looked lost towards the end of the half but we have to play to his strengths not expect him to be Pato.

Otherwise just start Pato - who I thought played well enough to start Saturday anyway

It was one of those games tonight where I thought I’d watch a player rather than just following the ball, and I focused on Palmer after seeing the thread about him being a possible permanent signing. 

I thought he started really brightly and looked a real threat in the early part of the game. He’s got that ability to turn really quickly, leaving his marker stranded.

Then he faded quickly and by about 18 minutes into the game he was a passenger and barely touched the ball for about 10-15 minutes. I’m not sure if it was because he took a knock when he was fouled earlier on, but he seemed disinterested in receiving the ball and did little apart from intermittently fiddling with his socks. After about 30-35 minutes he livened up again  but was largely ineffective (like most of the team).

I’m not sure what conclusions to draw from that, really. It’s too early to judge him and one game doesn’t make a bad player, but Pato (who has had his share of anonymous games) improved things when he came on.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

He looked like a youth player who'd been thrown in the deep end 

Sadly very poor 

Very much this. Apart from that first intercepted ball and the way he set our first attack up, he contributed little other than to lose the ball to players barging him off it, or simply taking it off his feet. 

It's easy to forget because he doesn't look it, but he is a young player. He'll learn and improve. :pray:

impact player, there was one incident at a brum throw where you can see the secound it sinks in that he needs to pick up there spare man, use him off the bench, patto does the job much better when it comes to defending.

4 million sounding way too much for me, so far i think walsh is a better option.

Archived