IGNORED

Cheers Lansdown

BessexRED

I’m not one for overreactions and I’m usually quick to jump to Lansdown’s defence (as are most on here, so I’m aware this won’t go down well) but think what you like about this season and whether we finish 6th or not, the fact we were in the position we were at the end of January and the owner interfered with the playing side of things and instructed Johnson to recall a L2 striker that had scored something like 3 in 19 instead of signing the striker Johnson wanted is the reason we may well struggle for 6th place.

I also said on here before that one of the management team was frustrated at Lansdown somewhat in January, and I think with good reason unfortunately. 

Questions to answer Steve if we **** this up.

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I’m not one for overreactions and I’m usually quick to jump to Lansdown’s defence (as are most on here, so I’m aware this won’t go down well) but think what you like about this season and whether we finish 6th or not, the fact we were in the position we were at the end of January and the owner interfered with the playing side of things and instructed Johnson to recall a L2 striker that had scored something like 3 in 19 instead of signing the striker Johnson wanted is the reason we may well struggle for 6th place.

I also said on here before that one of the management team was frustrated at Lansdown somewhat in January, and I think with good reason unfortunately. 

When was the last poor performance before tonight?  November I would say. Arguably early December. A long time ago. This thread is very premature mate 

Not what happened, by all accounts we tried signing multiple strikers but couldn't get a deal over the line, only at the end of the window did we recall Semenyo and as said its not about playing him, but him having 6 months with our coaches to improve. One problem at Newport was he was often played on the wing, if we want him developing as a striker its not helping him.

6 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Same old attention seeking Jordan.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

When was the last poor performance before tonight?  November I would say. Arguably early December. A long time ago. This thread is very premature mate 

Because you can ride on confidence when things are going well. As soon as a spanner goes into the works a la Wolves last season and again this year, a slight panic sets in.

Would you bet against another string of win-less game right now?

Should have bolstered the attacking options when we had the chance.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It's not like you just pop in to Asda and buy a top striker. Who was there that was available?

Don't ask that question FFS. The same people after every loss turn up on here to say the same old shoite.

BUT - who should we have bought and at what cost please??

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

When was the last 90 minute performance? One half vs Wolves, one half vs QPR, one half vs Norwich, the same pattern happened last season. We missed the boat in January.

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It's not like you just pop in to Asda and buy a top striker. Who was there that was available?

Sheffield Utd managed on a budget considerably less than ours.

5 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Because you can ride on confidence when things are going well. As soon as a spanner goes into the works a la Wolves last season and again this year, a slight panic sets in.

Would you bet against another string of win-less game right now?

Should have bolstered the attacking options when we had the chance.

With who please and at what price?

When was the last 90 minute performance? One half vs Wolves, one half vs QPR, one half vs Norwich, the same pattern happened last season. We missed the boat in January.

And how are Villa getting on?

Helps when you have their league position...

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Helps when you have their league position...

3 places higher than us at the time? Give over jesus christ.

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

With who please and at what price?

And how are Villa getting on?

Am I missing the relevance? If we went toe to toe for a player with Villa they’d end up there, they even sign our best players ffs.

16 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

You're sussing it out mate... 

12 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Completely toothless going forward for 60 mins & the shocking miss by Diedhiou in the first half could be this season’s defining moment.  

Over reaction of the month - the season will never be defined by a loss to Birmingham and even then with 13 games left its much too soon to talk defining moments.

if you look at 7 wins in 9 no one should panic we were never going to beat everyone just look at Leeds (now that is a set back - hooray)

7 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Clueless. They are paying £40k per week for Hogan ....out of our reach.

You need a reality check of who we are how we go about our buisness. 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Clueless. They are paying £40k per week for Hogan ....out of our reach.

You need a reality check of who we are how we go about our buisness. 

Are they ****, listen to Chris Wilder’s interview with Alan Biggs and you’ll find out that’s a load of bollocks. Get your facts right.

2 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Why ask me ? Im don't have a plethora of Scouts.

you cannot say there is an inability to find a striker in all of Europe.

As for price? whatever the asking price is if its affordable.

I asked you because what you said implies we had numerous strikers willing to come here???- Should have bolstered the attacking options when we had the chance.

Now you say if you want one pay for whatever is affordable - so we get quoted stupid money and turn them down because they are not affordable!! You are sort of defeating your own point there.

Are they ****, listen to Chris Wilder’s interview with Alan Biggs and you’ll find out that’s a load of bollocks. Get your facts right.

Ok. Leeds fans in the home end and Sheffield United have a smaller budget than us....and you talk about facts.

5 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Why ask me ? Im don't have a plethora of Scouts.

you cannot say there is an inability to find a striker in all of Europe.

As for price? whatever the asking price is if its affordable.

Your last word is the problem. It isn’t just a fee we throw at it and at the end if it doesn’t work it is all good. Throwing 2-3-4 million in january for a loan could cost us signing Dasilva. It could mean we have to sell Brownhill. There are implications to spending. 

We looked. We had a few targets we thought we could afford. They didn’t happen for one reason or another. One thing for certain, even if we fall out of the playoffs, we will be in the mix again next season because we don’t panic. 

23 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Bollox, if he was so say meddling in the playing squad and desperate to get him back do you not think he’d be in the squad every week? Or is LJ ignoring Lansdown’s orders to play him? He’s been on the bench once since returning.

I don’t agree with him being recalled btw should of been left where he was.

25 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Why don’t you go to the Preston away fans forum and ask the question directly? 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Ok. Leeds fans in the home end and Sheffield United have a smaller budget than us....and you talk about facts.

I know for a fact some Leeds fans are in the home end against us as I proved to you, if you bothered to do your research you’d find out Sheffield United have spent considerably less than us recently and have a smaller wage bill, so there’s two facts. You’re a bellend.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

And Wolves only have 2600 tickets which is a disgrace - FACT........

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

Bollox, if he was so say meddling in the playing squad and desperate to get him back do you not think he’d be in the squad every week? Or is LJ ignoring Lansdown’s orders to play him? He’s been on the bench once since returning.

I don’t agree with him being recalled btw should of been left where he was.

Johnson said it mate have a look. He said that Lansdown instructed him to get him back and have a look at him.

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

I know for a fact some Leeds fans are in the home end against us as I proved to you, if you bothered to do your research you’d find out Sheffield United have spent considerably less than us recently and have a smaller wage bill, so there’s two facts. You’re a bellend.

Hahahaha.... I raise you 2,600 allocation for wolves against city!! Fact ...doh

Archived