IGNORED

Cheers Lansdown

BessexRED

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

We should have given Bobby a decent contract and we would not be in this situation.

He'd have known from January onwards if he had a good season there would likely be premier league interest, before that we were still finding out just how good he was upfront.

11 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I asked you because what you said implies we had numerous strikers willing to come here???- Should have bolstered the attacking options when we had the chance.

Now you say if you want one pay for whatever is affordable - so we get quoted stupid money and turn them down because they are not affordable!! You are sort of defeating your own point there.

i'm talking about being able to bring someone in mid season during january when the rules allow it.

As for affordable we will never know what we can afford. forget this constant "We are hampered by FFP" because others have to stick by it.Last season Fulham were no longer getting parachute payments and getting less attendances than us yet were able to sign Mitrovic with no issues whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

?

I just spat my tea out. Really mate ? Jeez

3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Bobby is on nearly 40k a week at Cardiff. How we’re we meant to compete with that?

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

He'd have known from January onwards if he had a good season there would likely be premier league interest, before that we were still finding out just how good he was upfront.

We wouldn't have had to pay that though if we had given a decent contract. We waited to late,  gave him a crappy offer he wanted to negotiate. By the time we started to realise what he could do others noticed and he's out of our price range (even then rumours that he did not want to go).

47 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I’m not one for overreactions and I’m usually quick to jump to Lansdown’s defence (as are most on here, so I’m aware this won’t go down well) but think what you like about this season and whether we finish 6th or not, the fact we were in the position we were at the end of January and the owner interfered with the playing side of things and instructed Johnson to recall a L2 striker that had scored something like 3 in 19 instead of signing the striker Johnson wanted is the reason we may well struggle for 6th place.

I also said on here before that one of the management team was frustrated at Lansdown somewhat in January, and I think with good reason unfortunately. 

Questions to answer Steve if we **** this up.

You have absolutely no idea about SLs sustainability and stability strategy, have you?

Unfortunately you’re not on your own............:cool2:

What pointless waste of time  this is.........all started by someone who claims to rarely over react, and has done nothing but over react and insult anyone who disagrees.  The bottom line is that without Mr Lansdown this club would be well and truly fecked...............get a grip, and if you  wish to start a post at least  try to  make it relevant

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

When was the last poor performance before tonight?  November I would say. Arguably early December. A long time ago. This thread is very premature mate 

Boxing Day v Brentford when we scraped a draw and four days later v Rotherham when we walloped their nine men team!

We've done better since then especially away which most of us don't see. But that was another very poor first half tonight leading to a cavalry charge second half when we got one goal but cannot remember Lee Camp having a save to make.

Can we put it right at Deepdale?

1 hour ago, leadman said:

why is anyone suprised, ok we have beaten brum last 2 outings i know but top of the lge followed by brum, preston and leeds, all bogey sides, 4 nailed on defeats, then we beat ipswich and we go again,  aint over yet.

Blimey Leady. That was positive!

but you are right about bogey teams. We have so many of them it’s really effing annoying 

PNE a bogey team. The biggest club never to have played in the premier other than us. 

Still not over yet. We never thought it would be easy and there is plenty still to come! We hope!!

49 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Thanks a lot lansdown.

You only gave us £100m you miser,you should double that at least.

Were entitled to more from you lansdown,you loser.

Exactly. There are some Knobs on here!

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What an absolute nonsense thread this is. It ain't as easy as Football Manager. Which striker should we have bought? Assambolonga? Well obviously Boro were not going to sell him to a promotion rival. Hogan? We tried to sign him but he went to Sheffield United. Who else is there? And why is it Lansdown's fault?

It’s not mine or your job to suggest players we should sign, but other clubs managed. Lansdown was content with ordering his manager to recall a player he otherwise probably wouldn’t have, doesn’t sit well with me and many others that.

24 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

If we can - and prove this was just a blip - then all is good again and we remain 6th. If we can’t and maybe find ourselves 9th after this round of games then what? 12 games left . . . 

True Reg, we must concentrate on every match in the run in, starting at Deepdale. Forget the 'bogey' business. Last night was an apathetic performance. Was it linked with LJ directing from the Directors box ? Your guess is as good as mine, but on lasts nights performance, we are still a work in progress and would be eaten alive in the Prem. One thing is certain though, if we keep our current squad and we get over this minor blip ( even Leeds lost last night) play-offs will beckon and if we keep our heads...................who knows whats next . By the way whats happened to the City flag emoji ?

38 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

It’s not mine or your job to suggest players we should sign, but other clubs managed. Lansdown was content with ordering his manager to recall a player he otherwise probably wouldn’t have, doesn’t sit well with me and many others that.

And many others....how do you know that.

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Your point may have an ounce of validity come the end of the season, but it certainly doesn’t now. 

That’s my worry. It’s nice being positive now, and I have been, but the people in this thread that are quick to jump to Lansdown’s defence are the ones that were questioning why he hadn’t sacked Johnson back in May. 

Anyway, for the likes of spoons who think Sheffield Utd are moneybags because they signed a striker from Villa on loan, the comparison is that we’ve spent £33m on transfer fees in the last few years whereas they’ve spent just over a third of that. The wage comparisons would be quite something as well, their best players such as Fleck, Stevens and Basham won’t be on much given where they’ve come from and their careers prior to Wilder getting his hands on them.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

“Not one for overreactions” are you having a laugh..? 

Most of your posts make you sound like a woman on her period, when you mention that her clothes look like they are getting tighter..! 

It’s not a reaction, if you took your time to have a look at fan reaction on deadline day people generally thought we’d sold ourselves short (again). 

6 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

That’s my worry. It’s nice being positive now, and I have been, but the people in this thread that are quick to jump to Lansdown’s defence are the ones that were questioning why he hadn’t sacked Johnson back in May. 

Anyway, for the likes of spoons who think Sheffield Utd are moneybags because they signed a striker from Villa on loan, the comparison is that we’ve spent £33m on transfer fees in the last few years whereas they’ve spent just over a third of that. The wage comparisons would be quite something as well, their best players such as Fleck, Stevens and Basham won’t be on much given where they’ve come from and their careers prior to Wilder getting his hands on them.

It's not about money spent on transfer fees it's the wages where we don't pay.

Also if we spent £33 million how much have we made selling players then?  Our net spend will probably be £5million max over three years.

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Also if we spent £33 million how much have we made selling players then?  Our net spend will probably be £5million max over three years.

If that. 

Last year we made 26 million from outgoings which would have comfortably paid for our incoming, with some left over

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

They sold Brooks as well, £12m. They don’t pay big wages, their wage bill will be considerably lower than ours. Next.

Archived