IGNORED

Cheers Lansdown

BessexRED

Bessex Red, would you have posted this if we had beat Birmingham?

As others have said, we tried to sign players in January, it didn't happen.  You know the club are running in a sustainable fashion and are slowly growing.

If you aren't happy with what is happening at the moment, you need to take a few days to take stock of where City are and use some patience.  We're clearly not in some mad rush to reach the top tier, we're doing it in the slow and steady fashion.

Lansdown should be revered as a God in our eyes.

6 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

It’s really not difficult to find.

9B5439AE-BA45-4392-8527-C11E2B280025.jpeg

Again though, that's last years. Things can easily change in a year. 

Either way it's a pointless argument as a) we could never have afforded Assombalonga 

B) with regards to hogan he chose Sheffield united over us. They are currently a more attractive proposition. 

C) who's to say either Assombalonga or hogan would have worked? Hogan's record since joining villa isn't great, who's to say that would have changed if he'd have joined us? 

Really, your guessing as much as any of us. Only the people in charge of the club really know what we were after in January, and know how close we came to getting what we alwere after

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Bessex Red, would you have posted this if we had beat Birmingham?

As others have said, we tried to sign players in January, it didn't happen.  You know the club are running in a sustainable fashion and are slowly growing.

If you aren't happy with what is happening at the moment, you need to take a few days to take stock of where City are and use some patience.  We're clearly not in some mad rush to reach the top tier, we're doing it in the slow and steady fashion.

Lansdown should be revered as a God in our eyes.

I posted it in January at the end of the window mate. I love Steve Lansdown he’s done wonders for this football club but I think him instructing Johnson to recall a player and use him rather than going out and signing one isn’t his finest piece of work.

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Again though, that's last years. Things can easily change in a year. 

Either way it's a pointless argument as a) we could never have afforded Assombalonga 

B) with regards to hogan he chose Sheffield united over us. They are currently a more attractive proposition. 

C) who's to say either Assombalonga or hogan would have worked? Hogan's record since joining villa isn't great, who's to say that would have changed if he'd have joined us? 

Really, your guessing as much as any of us. Only the people in charge of the club really know what we were after in January, and know how close we came to getting what we alwere after

So this year Blades signed someone released by Ipswich, someone released by QPR, a loan from Fulham and a CB from Brentford. We took one of Ipswich’s two prize assets, took a player from Wednesday they sold as they wanted his wages off the bill, an ex PL player from Derby etc... if anything the gap will be wider.

It’s speculation as to whether either would have done well yes, but you’re again just bringing it back to Assombalonga and Hogan to put it on me as if I was suggesting they were the only two we should’ve been trying for.

5 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Genuinely baffles me that people can actually be this stupid.

The words of someone who doesn’t have a counter argument.

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

It’s not mine or your job to suggest players we should sign, but other clubs managed. Lansdown was content with ordering his manager to recall a player he otherwise probably wouldn’t have, doesn’t sit well with me and many others that.

One of our strikers out on loan getting rave reviews of course we are going to want to get him back to see him   He could be good enough for this level but we won’t know that until we see him train with our lot.  Chelsea did it with Tammy   I don’t see why you would have an issue with that.   

It had nothing to do with not getting a striker in   We tried but for reasons already mentioned on here we couldn’t get one  

Not hard to understand 

9 hours ago, BessexRED said:

When was the last 90 minute performance? One half vs Wolves, one half vs QPR, one half vs Norwich, the same pattern happened last season. We missed the boat in January.

Sheffield Utd managed on a budget considerably less than ours.

Helps when you have the FFP leeway- which we this season have not.

Go and analyse the accounts for us and them in 16/17 and 17/18- BCFC Holdings and Sheffield United. Their budget was lower than ours, but a mix of sell on profit, profit on transfers and lower outgoings gave them the chance to sign Madine and Hogan...

Madine incidentally has been really quite productive for them, yet who on here would have wanted him? Not many!

Still, Assombalonga should have fitted nicely but was it feasible? On paper perhaps, in reality maybe not so much. Also Wilder has this unerring ability to get the best out of players not so fancied- Martin Cranie free agent getting their assist v WBA in a makeshift defence e.g. See his revival of Madine- £ for £ the best manager at this level IMO.

5 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Chelsea did it with Tammy   I don’t see why you would have an issue with that.   

I think he takes issue with the fact we lost a game or three and is looking for somebody to blame. That’s either a) LJ b) Lansdown or c) MA

Its just a typical immature reaction. If we don’t get a result against Preston or Leeds this forum will be on full on Meltdown littered with blame threads like this. 

29 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I posted it in January at the end of the window mate. I love Steve Lansdown he’s done wonders for this football club but I think him instructing Johnson to recall a player and use him rather than going out and signing one isn’t his finest piece of work.

So this year Blades signed someone released by Ipswich, someone released by QPR, a loan from Fulham and a CB from Brentford. We took one of Ipswich’s two prize assets, took a player from Wednesday they sold as they wanted his wages off the bill, an ex PL player from Derby etc... if anything the gap will be wider.

It’s speculation as to whether either would have done well yes, but you’re again just bringing it back to Assombalonga and Hogan to put it on me as if I was suggesting they were the only two we should’ve been trying for.

The words of someone who doesn’t have a counter argument.

You've somehow managed to miss out that they brought in Madine on loan from Cardiff and hogan from villa. Those two would hardly have been cheap... 

There are too many ifs and maybes for you to make a solid argument that SL has failed to provide LJ with the funds to get a top striker. It's really a pointless argument and one that smacks of someone thinking football is exactly like football manager... 

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Helps when you have the FFP leeway- which we this season have not.

Go and analyse the accounts for us and them in 16/17 and 17/18- BCFC Holdings and Sheffield United. Their budget was lower than ours, but a mix of sell on profit, profit on transfers and lower outgoings gave them the chance to sign Madine and Hogan...

Madine incidentally has been really quite productive for them, yet who on here would have wanted him? Not many!

Still, Assombalonga should have fitted nicely but was it feasible? On paper perhaps, in reality maybe not so much. Also Wilder has this unerring ability to get the best out of players not so fancied- Martin Cranie free agent getting their assist v WBA in a makeshift defence e.g. See his revival of Madine- £ for £ the best manager at this level IMO.

Fair point re: Madine. I thought he'd be a great signing last January for a Warnock side, yet when Sheffield Utd signed him people were confused in the main yet he missed more penalties than he scored goals at Cardiff but seems to have made an impact up at Sheffield Utd.

The general opinion on here at the start of the season was that a top 10 finish would be the target after selling our best players. We're well within that target at the moment so there's no need to panic. Other teams at the top are having dodgy results as well, just look at Derby and Leeds lost at QPR last night. There are bound to be ups and downs between now and the end of the season, we mustn't go into meltdown every time we lose a match.

It’s not mine or your job to suggest players we should sign, but other clubs managed. Lansdown was content with ordering his manager to recall a player he otherwise probably wouldn’t have, doesn’t sit well with me and many others that.

If Lansdown has "ordered" LJ to get Semenyo back why the hell is he not in our squad week in week out - that would have been the second order wouldn't it? Can imagine it now "I am ordering you now to get that Semenyo back, I certainly won't be paying for another striker this window, and I know he's good enough at this level, but if for some miraculous reason he isn't good enough, tell everyone I ordered you to get him back and just don't bother sticking him in the squad though". LJ -"yeah ok boss"..... 

Because lots of people I spoke to last night said similar, if only we’d have signed an Assombalonga type etc...

I must have missed all the dozens of chances that we created and missed last night where Assombalonga would have scored....

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

If Lansdown has "ordered" LJ to get Semenyo back why the hell is he not in our squad week in week out - that would have been the second order wouldn't it? Can imagine it now "I am ordering you now to get that Semenyo back, I certainly won't be paying for another striker this window, and I know he's good enough at this level, but if for some miraculous reason he isn't good enough, tell everyone I ordered you to get him back and just don't bother sticking him in the squad though". LJ -"yeah ok boss"..... 

I must have missed all the dozens of chances that we created and missed last night where Assombalonga would have scored....

Not that I'm a critic of Diedhiou, I've often defended him on here but perhaps you were in the bogs or getting some food/drink when Diedhiou was 15 yards out centre of goal with just the keeper to beat and put it into the Atyeo?

It's not that we don't like Diedhiou, it's just that it'd have been nice to have a different option to just him every week. We don't have a striker of the same mould.

10 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Because you can ride on confidence when things are going well. As soon as a spanner goes into the works a la Wolves last season and again this year, a slight panic sets in.

Would you bet against another string of win-less game right now?

Should have bolstered the attacking options when we had the chance.

IMG_20151205_172909.jpg.019dd92879d0df3527a84f5abdebe2ed.jpg

10 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Not that I'm a critic of Diedhiou, I've often defended him on here but perhaps you were in the bogs or getting some food/drink when Diedhiou was 15 yards out centre of goal with just the keeper to beat and put it into the Atyeo?

It's not that we don't like Diedhiou, it's just that it'd have been nice to have a different option to just him every week. We don't have a striker of the same mould.

Perhaps you were in the bogs when Diedhiou left two Brum defenders on the floor to create that chance?

9 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

No I wasn't in the bogs or getting food or drink - very odd response.....

Did you see Agueros miss a couple of weeks ago from 2 yards? It happens, and that is football for you. Is Assombalonga a better goalscorer than Fammy - yes he is. That still doesn't mean he would work here in the system we play, and as has been stated he was out of our price range so it is a pointless argument from the off. May as well say we should get Aguero as it was just as likely to happen in January.

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

According to Football Manager (not always the most reliable, but probably knows more than we do...) he's on 35k a week. 

No chance we could afford that

Football manager, wasn't it me that was getting accused of treating real life like it's football manager?

4 minutes ago, red panda said:

Perhaps you were in the bogs when Diedhiou left two Brum defenders on the floor to create that chance?

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

No I wasn't in the bogs or getting food or drink - very odd response.....

Did you see Agueros miss a couple of weeks ago from 2 yards? It happens, and that is football for you. Is Assombalonga a better goalscorer than Fammy - yes he is. That still doesn't mean he would work here in the system we play, and as has been stated he was out of our price range so it is a pointless argument from the off. May as well say we should get Aguero as it was just as likely to happen in January.

I wasn't no I saw it, no need to get tetchy in your defence of Diedhiou as we're on the same page here. He's a good striker and I like him, but would've been beneficial to have someone who can share the workload as his role in the side is very physical and demanding.

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

Football manager, wasn't it me that was getting accused of treating real life like it's football manager?

I wasn't no I saw it, no need to get tetchy in your defence of Diedhiou as we're on the same page here. He's a good striker and I like him, but would've been beneficial to have someone who can share the workload as his role in the side is very physical and demanding.

Completely different using it as a reference point for wages than using it as a reference point for how to run a football club...

Archived