IGNORED

Ref League Table - Sponsored by Gallup

Davefevs

Moving up off the bottom is Gavin Ward, replacing him in bottom spot is Geoff Eltringham.

He wasn’t responsible for us losing tonight, but his decision making was awful....he got 60-70% wrong!

A clear lack of understanding the rules / laws.  Linesman on Lansdown side was shite too.

Its a bit sad the 5th best league in the world has such poor officials.

Moving up off the bottom is Gavin Ward, replacing him in bottom spot is Geoff Eltringham.

He wasn’t responsible for us losing tonight, but his decision making was awful....he got 60-70% wrong!

A clear lack of understanding the rules / laws.  Linesman on Lansdown side was shite too.

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Always intrigued me, that saying. So assuming our Prem is one,  which of Spain, Germany, Italy, France's top division is the Championship better than? 

French probably.

Bigger disparity in quality between its top and bottom sides than any of the others IMO.

4 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Always intrigued me, that saying. So assuming our Prem is one,  which of Spain, Germany, Italy, France's top division is the Championship better than? 

6th best then ?

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

None imo. Championship can sit in a proud sixth. 

Beat me to it.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They are full time officials as well, they really should be fitter and up with play as well as a little more street smart - how is it Rugby refs with so many more rules, and things to look for seem to be so much better.

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

They are full time officials as well, they really should be fitter and up with play as well as a little more street smart - how is it Rugby refs with so many more rules, and things to look for seem to be so much better.

They can be fat as a hat for all I care, they get so many decisions wrong.  We as a team are a sucker for allowing a ref like that get to us.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Linesman on Lansdown side was shite too

17 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

So was the cock on the other side. No where near the goal line when Adams smashed it against the bar.

To be honest Big Al etc,  he shouldn't have been.....as he was on the other end as it were

So which of you gents is going to do a referee course and work your way up to become a championship referee to show them hows its done.

over a season things work themselves out, some go for you and some dont.

we have players making mistakes, and questionable signings and selections, thats what we can control.

3 minutes ago, simon uk said:

They do indeed, but wouldn't life be boring if we just accepted everything as such. Over seasons things work themselves out, over decades, over centurys, millenia?

Our time is coming for sure ???

Was just so annoying the difference between the decisions we got and they did. They were allowed to grapple, push and pull our players with no consequence, we try to give some back and he gives fouls and yellow cards straight away. Think it was Harlee Dean who was allowed to just plough into the back of Diedhiou without giving away a foul in the first half. The 'foul' for the free kick for their second was pretty pathetic too.

19 minutes ago, simon uk said:

So which of you gents is going to do a referee course and work your way up to become a championship referee to show them hows its done.

we have players making mistakes, and questionable signings and selections, thats what we can control.

That’s not the point though is it.  They are professionals doing an I adequate job.

If I could run to the fitness levels of GW or GE, and been in the same positions as them, I would’ve got more right decisions than both them.  They base decisions on what they think will happen, not what actually happens....because they don’t “get the game’.

Disappointed not to hear more grief from the crowd to be honest. He got a bit of shit from us (you don’t know what you’re doing) but I thought he at least deserved a good few renditions of “ You’re not fit to referee” “ whose the (chap of questionable parentage) in the black” etc. 

44 minutes ago, Fiale said:

You are joking about rugby refs. Shockingly inconsistent. That is except for Wayne Barnes who is consistently shocking.

Referee tonight was appalling. Is it now within the laws of football for forwards to jump and bump defenders every time there is a header to be made. The forwards don't aim to win the header, just to get it misdirected to the other team.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

The ref was awful, Dave. It’s hard to remember a worse performance in recent memory. Then Keith Stroud came to mind. He is surely nailed to the bottom of any list of referees?

Anyway, thanks for making me think of him. 

34 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It’s the little things that get me; insisting upon DaSilva taking a throw in from two yards back yet allowing Birmingham to steal 5+ yards at so many others. I hate inconsistency in referees. 

Noticed how many times they were supposed to have a throw right in the corner and took it nearer the edge of the box

Ref was useless and Fam got pushed over twice in the box second half but it's hard to agree that the ref was really at fault - we simply didn't compete, offered no midfield, couldn't put a foot on the ball and control it until Paterson came on, even Pack didn't really start passing until Webster pushed up into midfield and created space. Sorry to say but our inability to put a foot on the ball and do anything had nothing to do with the referee.

7 hours ago, hodge said:

Was just so annoying the difference between the decisions we got and they did. They were allowed to grapple, push and pull our players with no consequence, we try to give some back and he gives fouls and yellow cards straight away. Think it was Harlee Dean who was allowed to just plough into the back of Diedhiou without giving away a foul in the first half. The 'foul' for the free kick for their second was pretty pathetic too.

I agree. At least he was consistent, giving every 50/50 decision in their favour and anytime they went to ground the FK was instantly theirs. The number of stop starts didn’t let the game flow and credit to Brom they did a number on us but when you got to play the Ref aswell it ruins football.

I can take losing, but losing fairly, and last night it was so unbalenced largely down to inept officials it wasn’t just.

• Admin

The free kick they ultimately scored their winning goal from, whilst absolutely a free kick in isolation, wasn't when compared to what he had spent the whole match letting their CBs do to Fam or their front two do to our CBs.

So many times we would go for a header and they would just jump at our man without even having eyes on the ball & every time Fam jumped for something he got two hands in his back. We weren't good enough but we weren't allowed to be in my opinion.

8 hours ago, simon uk said:

I did. Many years ago at the Charlton Arms at the top of Lodge Causeway.

Ok so didn’t get to the dizzy heights of that **** last night but I got to the Pyramid. 

Thing is that’s not the point. You don’t need to “be one of them” to realise they’re inept.

I do agree with you though. Worry about what we can control - Marlon was to blame for the first one - the **** in black had nothing to do with it.....

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Noticed how many times they were supposed to have a throw right in the corner and took it nearer the edge of the box

On one occasion in the second half, their #3 Pedersen, who had wasted so much time throughout and been allowed to get away with it, took a throw in which had been conceded five or so yards into their half of the field. He took it from a couple of yards inside our half, directing it to Adams (who was excellent throughout) who turned with the ball, beat his man and fired in a snapshot which so nearly resulted in a third goal for Birmingham. Had Pedersen been forced to take the throw from the correct position, that chance would never have occurred. Refs failing to enforce the rules can change games. Last night the ref was incompetent on so many levels.

God, I've slept on it and I'm still annoyed!

He wasn't to blame for the result. He did compound a bad night though!

8 hours ago, hodge said:

A similar team to Preston in that respect who managed to cajole the referee into giving them soft free kicks. The same referee as last night. 

Archived