IGNORED

Bouncebackability

mozo

Do we have it?

Does the manager have the ability to temper the mindset of the group and to recognise the adjustments required? Can he keep it simple and avoid blaming individuals. 

Do the players have the character to be singleminded, focus only on the next game and to put the past behind them?

Is there the required leadership and experience in the squad? 

I thought Chelsea bounced back in impressive form yesterday. They were conservative and dogged in defence, and went for the jugular when they got the odd opportunity. It was organised and cohesive.

Can we do it?

The downbeat combination of us on a 3 match losing run (following an incredible unbeaten run which turned into a brilliant winning run) and us playing Preston, our worst bogey team of the last few years - we have even beaten usual suspect bogey teams like Wolves and Leeds and won away at Birmingham/QPR since we last beat Preston - seems like a recipe for disaster. So I would happily take a point from Deepdale!

And I am an optimist!

59 minutes ago, mozo said:

Do we have it?

Does the manager have the ability to temper the mindset of the group and to recognise the adjustments required? Can he keep it simple and avoid blaming individuals. 

Do the players have the character to be singleminded, focus only on the next game and to put the past behind them?

I thought Chelsea bounced back in impressive form yesterday. They were conservative and dogged in defence, and went for the jugular when they got the odd opportunity. It was organised and cohesive.

Can we do it?

Tune in next weekend for another thrilling installment.

18 minutes ago, red panda said:

We did OK after the last time we lost three in a row! 

Didn't we then lose a fourth game?!

You're right though... we bounced back before, earlier in the season. Then, we showed the grit to beat a ragged Ipswich and slowly got on a roll.

So LJ and these players CAN do it, although carry extra pressure this time.

My personal worry is that we will have to wait until the next meeting with Ipswich to bounce back again. 

By then we will have already faced Preston and Leeds and may have some, but not much, catching up to do.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Do we have it?

Can we do it?

No

56 minutes ago, Judda said:

No

To the point!   Actually on the evidence of the Brum game you are right.  Should have been the case that the players were geed up and ready to go following 2 close defeats against good sides, instead several of them looked totally flat and we never got going until subs were made in the second half. Whether you blame LJ, the lacklustre players themselves or both is a matter of opinion. CODs subdued performance didn't suggest LJ publicly (and harshly) calling him out as being at fault for Norwich's 2nd goal, did any good in terms of motivation!

5 hours ago, mozo said:

Didn't we then lose a fourth game?!

You're right though... we bounced back before, earlier in the season. Then, we showed the grit to beat a ragged Ipswich and slowly got on a roll.

So LJ and these players CAN do it, although carry extra pressure this time.

My personal worry is that we will have to wait until the next meeting with Ipswich to bounce back again. 

By then we will have already faced Preston and Leeds and may have some, but not much, catching up to do.

The last time we lost 2 league games in a row, we lost game 3 to Preston and game 4 to Leeds, followed by the start of our unbeaten run of 13 league games.....versus Ipswich!

Should the same form repeat itself it would bring the 2 defeats, but then 7 wins and 4 draws...25 points.

Would 78points be enough - you’d think so.....guess it would mean beating Derby and Boro if the sequence ended in the same way, so 78 should be plenty.

Maybe we do need to lose the next two! ?

6 hours ago, mozo said:

Do we have it?

Can we do it?

Who knows none of us are head coaches so what do we know?

We have watched as selections turned into underperforming or unfit players staying on that should have been subbed off, followed by mindblowingly stupid substitutions and positional changes killing the chance of a turnaround AND the best player on the pitch shamed for missing a tackle!

Thats only two games! and these decisions were not made by the players but by our coach , I only pray he settles the team again and gets them back to winning ways.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The last time we lost 2 league games in a row, we lost game 3 to Preston and game 4 to Leeds, followed by the start of our unbeaten run of 13 league games.....versus Ipswich!

Should the same form repeat itself it would bring the 2 defeats, but then 7 wins and 4 draws...25 points.

Would 78points be enough - you’d think so.....guess it would mean beating Derby and Boro if the sequence ended in the same way, so 78 should be plenty.

Maybe we do need to lose the next two! ?

That's a great spot! I love the symmetry, and I'm just going to sit back and watch it all unfold!

25 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Who knows none of us are head coaches so what do we know?

We have watched as selections turned into underperforming or unfit players staying on that should have been subbed off, followed by mindblowingly stupid substitutions and positional changes killing the chance of a turnaround AND the best player on the pitch shamed for missing a tackle!

Thats only two games! and these decisions were not made by the players but by our coach , I only pray he settles the team again and gets them back to winning ways.

You know as much as anybody Dave 36 amd don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

Archived