IGNORED

Johnson desired

Nbafc

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Good manager but spent over 100 million on players like Bryan who clearly were not prem players and when you have a yank running the club he was never going to be given the chance to bring them back up

.....and, is the Fulham owner a Yank? Born in Pakistan, moved to the States when he was 16? 

58 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

If fulham were serious obviously they arent afraid to pay the compo required does anyone think lj would take the job if offered ?

I don’t think he would take it. He owes lansdown not to after he stuck by him more than any other owner in the world would, and he would be bang out of order if he did jump ship for anything less than a prem club with a decent chance of surviving.

16 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Made me laugh when he said fans were calling for his head in the first season. Fans looking in from the outside will find that bizarre that those sentiments have held firm through to today. 

Easy to criticise from afar. I bet if we had just lost 9 on the bounce, 1 win in 15, he wouldn’t be singing LJ’s praises so much and certainly wouldn’t be championing LJ as a potential manager!

Guess that’s football for you!

25 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Easy to criticise from afar. I bet if we had just lost 9 on the bounce, 1 win in 15, he wouldn’t be singing LJ’s praises so much and certainly wouldn’t be championing LJ as a potential manager!

Guess that’s football for you!

The thing is, if we got promoted to the Prem it would be totally unrealistic to expect anything better than relegation. Of course you hope that momentum can help bag some unexpected points here and there but even with a handful of signings, what chance would this squad have? And I'd be cool with that. We'd bank loads of money, go down with a better squad than we started with and will have lived the dream for a year. We'd be in a better position to keep building a team capable of establishing us in the top flight.

IMO that should have been the Fulham mentality and they should have stuck with Jok.

51 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Care to elaborate? 

You on the fulham board , inside knowledge ?

No I’m not on the Fulham Board, I just don’t think a club desperate to stay in the premier league will take a punt on a coach who has never managed at the top level and has never achieved anything of note. Especially when they’ve just sacked a guy who has won the premier league, taken Chelsea to runners up position and has also managed Juve, Inter, Valencia, Roma, Atletico Madrid etc etc etc...

16 hours ago, mozo said:

The thing is, if we got promoted to the Prem it would be totally unrealistic to expect anything better than relegation. Of course you hope that momentum can help bag some unexpected points here and there but even with a handful of signings, what chance would this squad have? And I'd be cool with that. We'd bank loads of money, go down with a better squad than we started with and will have lived the dream for a year. We'd be in a better position to keep building a team capable of establishing us in the top flight.

IMO that should have been the Fulham mentality and they should have stuck with Jok.

Difference is Fulham were signing big money players that were being linked to teams like Barcelona and Bayern Munich!

LJ`s name will always be mentioned in situations like this as long as he`s at City and we`re doing relatively well. It`s much more to do with making a point about sticking with a manager through thick and thin rather than taking the knee-jerk approach that most clubs do these days. A lot of fans of other clubs and people in the media have a lot of admiration for SL for riding out the storm in the past and we are often referred to with quotes along the lines of `see what you can do if you give a manager time`.

It`s no different to the things that were being said about Bournemouth a few years back after they stuck with Eddie Howe through their darkest times and finally achieved their goal.

FWIW I don`t think any club in the Premier League would seriously consider LJ at the moment - maybe in a few years though, who knows?

9 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Difference is Fulham were signing big money players that were being linked to teams like Barcelona and Bayern Munich!

Very good point although I don't think any of those players are of that quality. Id also say they're equally sellable and replaceable with more sensible recruits.

Archived