IGNORED

Ranieri

Super

What a joke!

I bet (some) people would have been creaming in their pants if we had sacked LJ earlier in the season and appointed Ranieri, or similar. Just goes to show that it guarantees nothing, yet some people continue to jump on LJ at the slightest opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What a joke!

I bet (some) people would have been creaming in their pants if we had sacked LJ earlier in the season and appointed Ranieri, or similar. Just goes to show that it guarantees nothing, yet some people continue to jump on LJ at the slightest opportunity. 

What has Fulham sacking Ranieri got to do with people jumping on LJ’s back? 

The furious self-flagellation of Premiership clubs in their desperation to stay at that level has gone way past the point of being rational. Burnley remain the blueprint, don't fear going down, simply see it as an opportunity to further strengthen the foundations for the next assault, and develop the leadership experience for more sustained success the next time round.

But no, for most clubs struggling in the Premiership involves blowing everything up at repeated intervals as some kind of bizarre defence mechanism against having to return to the Championship. When in fact what they're really achieving is a World War 2 style "scorched earth" policy of not just being relegated, but ensuring everything is destroyed before they return.

Odd behaviour, but makes it more amusing when they get back here and really have to start from scratch.

8 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

What has Fulham sacking Ranieri got to do with people jumping on LJ’s back? 

I’m not sure what you are struggling to understand..?!

It shows that changing your manager, even for one with a good track record/big name doesn’t assure you of any improvement. 

Ranieri's sacking is ridiculous but predictably knee jerk for a club in Fulhams position. 

However he is like a few other continental managers who have been (relatively speaking) successful in the English Prem. Like, Martinez at Everton and even Wenger at Arsenal he doesn't seem capable of building a quality defensive lineup. All these teams played with style and attacking flair but were all at their peak just after taking over from a more traditional British style coach. They each inherited a very traditional, English style back line - strong, disciplined and physical. And whilst they may have signed some good defenders later that defensive solidity was never the same. Ferguson, in contrast, constantly seemed to be able to rebuild and reshape his defensive line up. 

32 minutes ago, Olé said:

The furious self-flagellation of Premiership clubs in their desperation to stay at that level has gone way past the point of being rational. Burnley remain the blueprint, don't fear going down, simply see it as an opportunity to further strengthen the foundations for the next assault, and develop the leadership experience for more sustained success the next time round.

But no, for most clubs struggling in the Premiership involves blowing everything up at repeated intervals as some kind of bizarre defence mechanism against having to return to the Championship. When in fact what they're really achieving is a World War 2 style "scorched earth" policy of not just being relegated, but ensuring everything is destroyed before they return.

Odd behaviour, but makes it more amusing when they get back here and really have to start from scratch.

If only I could give 100 likes for this post. This in a nutshell 

42 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What a joke!

Christ that’s a stretch init 

32 minutes ago, Olé said:

Burnley also didn't panic earlier this season when a few were suggesting Dyche had taken them as far as he could and were in decline. 

The more clubs that panic ala Fulham the more that will struggle the following season in the Champ. 

4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Ranieri's sacking is ridiculous but predictably knee jerk for a club in Fulhams position. 

However he is like a few other continental managers who have been (relatively speaking) successful in the English Prem. Like, Martinez at Everton and even Wenger at Arsenal he doesn't seem capable of building a quality defensive lineup. All these teams played with style and attacking flair but were all at their peak just after taking over from a more traditional British style coach. They each inherited a very traditional, English style back line - strong, disciplined and physical. And whilst they may have signed some good defenders later that defensive solidity was never the same. Ferguson, in contrast, constantly seemed to be able to rebuild and reshape his defensive line up. 

Said in a another thread if you got a crazy ass yank in charge of the club then you can expect this madness 

44 minutes ago, Olé said:

Their chairman really has his head screwed on. This is a good read on him:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3307399/burnley-chairman-mike-garlick-talks-espn-fc-about-premier-league-sustainance

My favourite quote (which perhaps some on here could really do with hearing) :

"If we acted in an oligarch's way during one transfer window, the damage done could last for five years. It doesn't just damage you for one season. Bradford City is probably the best example: They had 14 to 21 days of summer madness [in 2000], and it took the club five to 10 years to turn around from that. We simply don't want that to happen. We want to be as ambitious as we can, but we have to live within our means, and whatever we do has to be sustainable"

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Your first paragraph is EXACTLY what I would hope we would do if and when we get there.

I would hope that we would give it a right good go but be circumspect in the money spent and contracts handed out.

Gettng up and then getting relegated after one season can be a real opportunity to grow a club IF managed wisely.

50 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Understandable, but they bailed on Jokanovic far too soon

This, and....

43 minutes ago, TomF said:

Burnley also didn't panic earlier this season when a few were suggesting Dyche had taken them as far as he could and were in decline. 

The more clubs that panic ala Fulham the more that will struggle the following season in the Champ. 

This.

I 100% agree that you have a better chance of getting back up if you stick with the manager who took you up.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Perhaps you should read the comment in context. 

I was surprised that it needed clarifying too..! 

I did. But you came across as a smart arse on that post. I suspect you are nice chap but it’s not compulsory to preface all your replies with ‘I’m not sure what you’re struggling to understand’ or other words to that effect,! It’s not necessary and it just starts a downward cycle of witty responses of which I am sure I’m about to get.

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I did. But you came across as a smart arse on that post. I suspect you are nice chap but it’s not compulsory to preface all your replies with ‘I’m not sure what you’re struggling to understand’ or other words to that effect,! It’s not necessary and it just starts a downward cycle of witty responses of which I am sure I’m about to get.

I understand what you mean, but he asked a question that could only lead to me reiterating what I’d already said in my first post. In my view. 

So whilst I agree that my first line of response could be deemed as antagonistic, it was actually a genuine question, as to what part of my post he didn’t understand and was questioning.  

Ranieri had to go. He was hated by Fulham fans at the end and it was toxic.

He wasn’t the right choice in the first place, he had one unbelievable season with Leicester but that’s really it when it comes to Prem football. 

Fulham need to be forward thinking now, appoint someone who can look at the players now and think who will show fight, passion and courage in the Championship to bring us back up. How do I want to play, who can play that way. They have a few months to play now, Fulham are down, bring someone in with long term vision and implement this across the club to prepare for next season and seasons onwards.

If I were Fulham I would look at the likes of LJ. Long term vision managers, rather than Fat Sam short vision. 

Sigh, I was hoping Clowdy Rainy Area would keep Fulham up and then win the league next season, with Joe Bryan scoring 20 wonder goals.

Sad times.  Perhaps he didn't buy them enough pizza, or use his famous little bell enough.

BBC says that Scott Parker is taking over now, should be good to see how a young English coach can do in the Prem for his first role.  Clearly, keeping them up looks impossible, but will be good to see if he can develop a decent playing style.

2 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Problem is is that there aren't many quality defenders around now. They're all coached to be ball players rather then ball winners. There are probably a lot of good old style defenders in the championship,league 1 etc but because they can't spray a 50 yard ball they aren't looked at. 

Archived