IGNORED

The She believes cup

phantom

• Admin

Decent result for England women in their first match beating Brazil 2-1 last night, absolutely shocking decision in awarding Brazil a first half penalty, decent equaliser by England, then a winning goal the scorer will always claim as a shot but everyone else will claim it as a cross.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47283692

One noticeable odd thing was the road bridge passing over the roof of the main stand

20190228_175047.jpg

Important not to forget that this is a warm-up tournament for the forthcoming World Cup this summer in France. Good to see that we can give such opponents a game, but the real deal is to come. Hopefully we can work out some of the slow starting that was evident and perform from the first whistle. Incidentally, England's fist match is on 9th June - against the Auld Enemy. :devil::boxing::winner_third_h4h::englandflag:

46 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I just watched 5 minutes of the france vs china.

France just got a free kick just outside the box and the chinese built a great wall.

Mic dropped - smashed it ?

I await future posts about the French knowing their onions and the Swedes did not turnip in that game !!

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

She believes Cup?

Imagine the uproar if there was a He believes named cup.

Well it wouldn’t be called he believes because men know they can make it as footballers.

Its about empowering women which is great. 

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I wouldnt mind watching the swedish womens team.

Wager they got some honeys playing.

I would make a ? line for that locker room.

Enough of the puns now but actually imagine that post match shared bath - 15 or so athletic blondes - now try and get up from your desk at work in the next 5 minutes as a dare !! 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hopefully the start of a succesful year for the womens side

Some decent goals, and a pass we would be purring about if we saw in the mens game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47442886

I know peoples thoughts on womens football are very divisive but I think most will agree that no matter what else you might say about the standards, Karen Carney is own hell of striker, that header is absolutely textbook.

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I know peoples thoughts on womens football are very divisive but I think most will agree that no matter what else you might say about the standards, Karen Carney is own hell of striker, that header is absolutely textbook.

Not a fan of women’s football, but must agree the technique of the header was spot on and I know a few who I wish could replicate that!

On 02/03/2019 at 09:42, Oh Louie louie said:

When you look at old pictures from terracing in the 1940s or 50s, suprising how many women are on the terraces with the sailors, soliders.

It also was a family thing rather than just the father and son as it tends to be these days.

My mother's whole family used to go.

I assume that this fell away as football hooliganism began to arise in the 1970s as you wouldn't want your wife and daughter being terrified of getting hit.

These days the atmosphere is more conducive but the pricing means that it is no longer the cheap family day out that it was back then.

On 28/02/2019 at 22:11, Erithacus said:

Important not to forget that this is a warm-up tournament for the forthcoming World Cup this summer in France. Good to see that we can give such opponents a game, but the real deal is to come. Hopefully we can work out some of the slow starting that was evident and perform from the first whistle. Incidentally, England's fist match is on 9th June - against the Auld Enemy. :devil::boxing::winner_third_h4h::englandflag:

You didn't mean that did you ?

Archived