IGNORED

how can a Lancashire ref, be in charge of a team from Lancashire(PRESTON)

10 minutes ago, fatchers said:

I think they declare which team they support/favour before they join ref iist. Probably a gash fan. Only way they will be in the Champioship. 

Thanks for the heads up. If I ever become a referee, I shall tell them that I support Darlington, or someone obscure, in the hope that I’ll get to Referee some City & Rovers matches. 

Just hope they don’t notice the tattoos..! ?

37 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

There's quite a few football teams in Lancashire, therefore he's more likely to support a rival team than Preston!

lancs.png

Nice to know if Rochdale ever need more players they can always get bacup from Burnley.

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Jeremy Simpson from Lancashire will be in charge of the game against Preston on Saturday.

reffed 31 games with 123 yellows and five reds

At least he won't have the need to stay overnight in the preston aerial

They've got aerials in Lancashire now ??.

I'm sure 'carrier pigeon is still the choice,and some of them are insanely quick............

13 hours ago, hodge said:

Does he support Preston? If not no big deal, anthony Taylor lives in Manchester and has done the Manchester Derby because he supports Altrincham

That’s mental! 

Even as an Alrrincham fan (I’d never even heard of the place, let alone the team, before they played Rovers!) he must favour one of United or City, living in Manchester..?!

Why not just appoint someone who’s from one of the southern counties, just to avoid the potential controversy..?!

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

That’s mental! 

Even as an Alrrincham fan (I’d never even heard of the place, let alone the team, before they played Rovers!) he must favour one of United or City, living in Manchester..?!

Why not just appoint someone who’s from one of the southern counties, just to avoid the potential controversy..?!

Because then there's a reasonable chance of them being a Man Utd fan.

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Interestingly in Scotland, refs do not have to declare which team they support, which leads to all sorts of accusations!

You can see why to a certain extent. I guess most football fans in Scotland have a preference/dislike for one of the two big clubs so finding a truly neutral ref for their games could be a nightmare. The same four or five would have to do all their games!

Archived