IGNORED

LJ to Fulham ?

Major Isewater

Suppose LJ would need to weigh up whether it would be worth leaving for a club going to be in the same division next season, they'll have the PL money and they do back their manager financially but will they be expecting to go straight back up and will he be sacked if he doesn't do that in the first season.

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

And be out of a job by Christmas if he doesn't get off to great start. He'd be mad to leave when he is allowed to build here.

Absolutely right.

No way would LJ consider a move to a relegation bound Fulham. 

We don't know how much money they might offer.  Would set him up for life even were he to last only a short time, perhaps particularly if it was only a short time

We don't know what he really feels about his City budget or the scouting system.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right.

No way would LJ consider a move to a relegation bound Fulham. 

Why not? Free hit of Prem football for a few months, can start implementing his style of play and seeing who he wants to keep.

Can join a club with big money to spend, some quality players, a superb academy, and a club his family supports. 

As long as he’s realistic at the start, and they agree it’ll be 2 years til he aims for promotion to the Prem rather than instant then IMO it’ll be a great move for him.

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

We don't know how much money they might offer.  Would set him up for life even were he to last only a short time, perhaps particularly if it was only a short time

We don't know what he really feels about his City budget or the scouting system.

I think the only reason LJ would leave City would be because he got sacked.... 

He knows that he owes a debt of gratitude to SL who as we all know stuck by LJ when almost everyone was calling for his head. Add to that the project he’s been set that SL knows won’t happen overnight. 

He’ll want to see that through 100%

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Never going to happen

Got to be tempting if he gets offered it. More money to spend as long as he gets the time until Summer (big ‘if’ granted) , he gets to manage in the Prem and a crack at promotion next season with a very strong team for the Champ, he gets to move to a fashionable part of London if that appeals, Fulham are a good traditional and ‘fashionable’ club where his profile will rise as a result of being in London.......there are lots of positives from his point of view. Depends on his outlook - does he stick with his ‘job for life’ here (as near as damn it in this day and age) or does he take that leap. All hypothetical of course but a big big call if he ever has to make it. Personally I think he’d go but just my opionion. 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think the only reason LJ would leave City would be because he got sacked.... 

He knows that he owes a debt of gratitude to SL who as we all know stuck by LJ when almost everyone was calling for his head. Add to that the project he’s been set that SL knows won’t happen overnight. 

He’ll want to see that through 100%

There would be no sentiment if he was offered a huge pay rise to go elsewhere - the fluffy world, full of loyalty and gratitude, of which you speak doesn’t exist in football ...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There would be no sentiment if he was offered a huge pay rise to go elsewhere - the fluffy world, full of loyalty and gratitude, of which you speak doesn’t exist in football ...

It does....but it’s inctedibly rare!

11 minutes ago, Selred said:

Why not? Free hit of Prem football for a few months, can start implementing his style of play and seeing who he wants to keep.

Can join a club with big money to spend, some quality players, a superb academy, and a club his family supports. 

As long as he’s realistic at the start, and they agree it’ll be 2 years til he aims for promotion to the Prem rather than instant then IMO it’ll be a great move for him.

The bit where you state 'and they agree' should in bold, capitals and size 40 font!

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think it does exist in LJs world.

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

Isn’t LJ a Fulham fan or at least large parts of his family are. I’m sure he mentioned something about this last season when we played them away?

I think he might have become one in 2016. Three trips there that year, three wins, 8-2 aggregate score!

Seems unlikely.  Have we ever lost a manager to a higher team?  I've always felt we're quite fortunate as a club in that our ceiling is really high and generally if we're doing well, there's never been too much point in a manager leaving as the potential to progress is nearly always still here.  And, as is usually the case, if we're struggling then no other team necessarily wants our manager and they usually get the boot by us instead.

Archived