IGNORED

LJ to Fulham ?

Major Isewater

11 minutes ago, Roe said:

Seems unlikely.  Have we ever lost a manager to a higher team?  I've always felt we're quite fortunate as a club in that our ceiling is really high and generally if we're doing well, there's never been too much point in a manager leaving as the potential to progress is nearly always still here.  And, as is usually the case, if we're struggling then no other team necessarily wants our manager and they usually get the boot by us instead.

We have generally had shit managers.

16 minutes ago, Roe said:

Seems unlikely.  Have we ever lost a manager to a higher team?  I've always felt we're quite fortunate as a club in that our ceiling is really high and generally if we're doing well, there's never been too much point in a manager leaving as the potential to progress is nearly always still here.  And, as is usually the case, if we're struggling then no other team necessarily wants our manager and they usually get the boot by us instead.

Tony Pulis?????

I’m sure he’d leave for a bigger club if there was the right offer, but Fulham are a basket case. Vast sums of money wasted in the summer on players who haven’t delivered; disharmony amongst the players; disgruntled fans. They are going down and some of the players will be sold in the summer. It’s a major rebuilding job that’s required, but will the next manager be given the time? IMO, the answer  is “no”

22 minutes ago, Roe said:

Seems unlikely.  Have we ever lost a manager to a higher team?  

Possibly. Joe Jordan left City to join Hearts. This was in the days when Scottish football was a far better standard than today. 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Super said:

I wouldn't write this off completely if they are looking to appoint somebody in the summer.

But never going to appoint someone who has no top level experience

They will go for a "name" rather than someone who could turn them around over a longer period of time

There is no footballing logic to LJ being their preferred option

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m sure he’d leave for a bigger club if there was the right offer, but Fulham are a basket case. Vast sums of money wasted in the summer on players who haven’t delivered; disharmony amongst the players; disgruntled fans. They are going down and some of the players will be sold in the summer. It’s a major rebuilding job that’s required, but will the next manager be given the time? IMO, the answer  is “no”

I was thinking this yesterday after Claudio had been sacked and they mentioned their excessive spending in the summer. When you consider how well Wolves have done...

...who and what on earth have Fulham spent their money on? £100m+.

Ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Redbo said:

Would he want to work with Joe Bryan again after the way he left in the summer? Could he handle the big names at Fulham considering how’s he failed to do so with Tomlin etc here?

Thing is nearly every manager Tomlin has had has failed to deal with him, its not an LJ exclusive club.

39 minutes ago, Redbo said:

Would he want to work with Joe Bryan again after the way he left in the summer? Could he handle the big names at Fulham considering how’s he failed to do so with Tomlin etc here?

The way JB left? With complete dignity. Yeah I can see that being a problem

And there's a difference between being a 'big name' and a complete *****

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

The way JB left? With complete dignity. Yeah I can see that being a problem

And there's a difference between being a 'big name' and a complete *****

I heard that JB was angling for a move in the January window - already saying his intentions to leave. 

Agree about big names - Tomlin was a cock. Weimann is a bigger name and seems fine. 

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

And be out of a job by Christmas if he doesn't get off to great start. He'd be mad to leave when he is allowed to build here.

Could be out of a job by May going on the last appointment. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I think the only reason LJ would leave City would be because he got sacked.... 

He knows that he owes a debt of gratitude to SL who as we all know stuck by LJ when almost everyone was calling for his head. Add to that the project he’s been set that SL knows won’t happen overnight. 

He’ll want to see that through 100%

Would LJ risk ending up on the manager merry go round by joining Fulham where he could be sacked by Christmas?

I don't think so, he could be at City for the next 10 years and be in the Prem with a coaching, development system the envy of many in the near future

Big gamble - Short term Big money versus long term employment and in control of his destiny

1 hour ago, Redbo said:

Sorry Redbo, can you explain what you mean by him failing to handle big names? I just think that's tosh, to be honest. Tomlin - more of a d*ck than a "big name". Abraham, Kalas, Weimann are probably the biggest names we've had at City for a good few years and I've seen no dramas there. 

1 hour ago, Redbo said:

Sorry Redbo, can you explain what you mean by him failing to handle big names? I just think that's tosh, to be honest. Tomlin - more of a d*ck than a "big name". Abraham, Kalas, Weimann are probably the biggest names we've had at City for a good few years and I've seen no dramas there. 

20 minutes ago, City Ben said:

I was just joshing. Plenty of people cited that as a problem with Tomlin and O’Neil. Like father like son they said. Tomlin especially has proved elsewhere that he is the problem, rather than the managers. 

I would be gutted if LJ left. Not sure Fulham is an upward move particularly. Can’t think of anyone who would do better in the set up we have. Same old management merry-go-round name? No thanks. I’m glad we stuck with him during that losing streak. We will miss him when he goes. For all his faults, he’s still only 37 (?), let him learn. Happy he’s doing it here. 

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Bye bye Lee ,

it must be true as it’s in the Mirror.

:sad26:

Just like it was true when the Mirror ran the story that we were going to get a number of Man City starlets after our League Cup Semi-Final games last season... remind me how many did we get on loan?

Perhaps, just perhaps, if LJ can lead us to finish in a play-off spot, that might be an achievement that could make Fulham interested. Have to remember for now LJ has achieved... dick all - well ok taking us to the League Cup semi-finals. That's it.

2 hours ago, Selred said:

I heard that JB was angling for a move in the January window - already saying his intentions to leave. 

Agree about big names - Tomlin was a cock. Weimann is a bigger name and seems fine. 

Yes, think you're right there about JB in January 

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Though the lines do seem to be getting blurred more often these days.

Ha, ain't that the truth

Archived