IGNORED

WWE

phantom

• Admin

Before anyone points out, I fully understand it is ENTERTAINMENT, but still those involved put in a heck of shift with their schedules and matches, but was surprised to see the annual salaries that they earn. . . 

• Brock Lesnar $12million
  • John Cena $8.5million
  • Roman Reigns $5million
  • Randy Orton $4.5million
  • AJ Styles $3.5million
  • Seth Rollins $3million
  • The Miz $2.5million
  • Triple H $2.5million
  • Undertaker $2.5million
  • Dean Ambrose $2million
  • Kevin Owens $2million
  • Dolph Ziggler $1.5million
  • Sheamus $1million
  • Jeff Hardy $1million
  • Bray Wyatt $1million
  • Finn Balor $1million
  • Jinder Mahal $900,000
  • Kane $900,000
  • Big Show $850,000
  • Samoa Joe $800,000
  • Rusev $800,000
  • Chris Jericho $750,000
  • Sin Cara $700,000
  • Matt Hardy $650,000
  • Luke Harper $550,000
  • Erick Rowan $550,000
  • R-Truth $550,000
  • Kofi Kingston $500,000
  • Xavier Woods $500,000
  • Big E $500,000
  • Rhyno $500,000
  • Cesaro $500,000
  • Sami Zayn $500,000
  • Goldust $400,000
  • Heath Slater $400,000
  • Fandango $400,000
  • Kalisto $350,000
  • Titus O’Neill $300,000
  • Bo Dallas $300,000
  • Braun Strowman $300,000
  • Apollo Crews $300,000
  • Scott Dawson $250,000
  • Luke Gallows $250,000
  • Big Cass $250,000
  • Jey USO $250,000
  • Jimmy USO $250,000
  • Curtis Axel $250,000
  • Curt Hawkins $200,000
  • Epico Colon $200,000
  • Mike Kanellis $200,000

• Ronda Rousey $1.5million
  • Charlotte Flair $550,000
  • Nikki Bella $350,000
  • Alexa Bliss $350,000
  • Mickie James $300,000
  • Brie Bella $300,000
  • Natalya $300,000
  • Asuka $250,000
  • Becky Lynch $250,000
  • Dana Brooke $200,000
  • Bayley $200,000
  • Lana $200,000
  • Naomi $180,000
  • Carmella $120,000
  • Nia Jax 100,000
  • Sonya Deville $100,000
  • Mandy Rose $80,000
  • Rubby Riott $80,000
  • Sarah Logan $80,000
  • Tamina $80,000
  • Liv Morgan $80,000

Had many an argument back in school 20 odd years ago over which of the Hardy Boyz was the best. 

It might be a little late to try and reconnect with an old friend who I regularly argued with at the time, but it's good to know that I was right all along. Jeff was/is better than Matt. 

I assume they are solo now? I can't imagine Matt Hardy would be too happy about being paid $350k less to play what's essentially same role! 

• Admin
34 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Granted it's fake, but it must take an incredible toll on their bodies. Not a glamourous lifestyle at all - travelling most of the year putting on anything from 1-3 shows a week, not including the Sunday night PPVs.

I would say it is more like 4-5 a week, but yeah agree it can't be a glamorous lifestyle travelling all hours to get to the next event

Standard meme to use here...

its-still-real-to-me-damnit.jpg

While entertainment it could be seen as similar to theatre in a way, need to be able to keep the attention of their audience etc, but some of the injuries they pick up are gruesome. Just from memory they're on the road a good 80% of the year driving event to event where only the top few earn enough to be able to afford busses so they can sleep properly on the go.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Why are the men paid so much more?

Like a lot of sports they're the ones who bring in the viewers sponsors etc so can negotiate bigger deals, probably also includes the money they get from merchandise as they get a cut of the money from their shirts etc.

• Admin
5 hours ago, just like watching brazil said:

Enjoyed fighting with my family is well worth a watch despite nick frost wearing a Norwich shirt. 

Have heard its supposed to be good, be interesting to see story of Saraya. Bet it doesn't mention her home video collection 

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Because they are pumping their body full of steroids and are taking the bigger risk

Zero tolerance nowadays, doesn't happen 

They're all independent contractors though, I believe.

I don't think their expenses are covered and yet their pay is linked to their on-going attendance (or at least; availability) at all live events / tv shows etc so they need to be there constantly.

So if you're travelling and staying away every week, needing to train etc... your costs build up quickly and eat into your base pay.

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Why do they fake it tho?

If it was real I'd certainly enjoy watching it.

Because it’s all part of the show. If they had matches which weren’t scripted they’d probably last about 3 minutes a time.

Bring back the attitude era tho - those days were great 

• Admin
On 01/03/2019 at 22:46, Up The City! said:

Why do they fake it tho?

If it was real I'd certainly enjoy watching it.

There is "real" Wrestling, an olympic sport too

On 01/03/2019 at 16:05, just like watching brazil said:

Enjoyed fighting with my family is well worth a watch despite nick frost wearing a Norwich shirt. 

Watched it last night, really enjoyable film, I didn't realised that was how Paige got her name (Charmed)

On 01/03/2019 at 14:48, Super said:

Why are the men paid so much more?

On 01/03/2019 at 16:36, hodge said:

Like a lot of sports they're the ones who bring in the viewers sponsors etc so can negotiate bigger deals, probably also includes the money they get from merchandise as they get a cut of the money from their shirts etc.

Much prefer the women going at each other with practically nothing on.....

Much better than the oiled up men in speedos 

• Admin

BT SPORT have secured the WWE TV rights with an incredible multi-year deal - which will start in January 2020.

Sky have held the UK broadcasting rights for the world's largest wrestling company for decades.

BT Sport have snatched the TV rights from their rivals and will now exclusively air Raw and SmackDown live every week.

WWE's monthly pay-per-view events, including WrestleMania, will be available for fans to purchase on box office.

The broadcasting giant is now home to the Premier League, Champions League, Europa League, Gallagher Premiership Rugby, MotoGP and UFC.

Senior Vice President of WWE, Stefan Kastenmuller, said: "We are pleased to begin an exciting new chapter for WWE in the region as we join BT Sport's innovative offering and impressive portfoloio of premium sports content."

Andy Haworth, Managing Director Content and Strategy at BT Sport, added: "We are incredibly excited by ournew partnership with WWE.

"It is the most successful sports entertainment brand in the world, with a rich, fun and colourful history, loved by fans across the UK and Ireland.

"This is a brilliant addition for our customers and we can't wait to get going in January."

The news comes after newly-formed rival promotion All Elite Wrestling announced a partnership with ITV.

• Admin
52 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

WWE was quite fun in the 90's.

I'm either getting old or it's just plain shit now. Not sure which.

I see it the same way @richwwtk, I understand what it is and isn't, but just doesn't have the same feel about it

Perhaps it is all to do with it now being a PG rating?

I've been watching since the 80s, and it has lost its edge. It's now too watered down and "family friendly". 

I still watch it, and actually subscribe to the network, but have to be honest I'm not sure for much longer that will be the case. You occasionally get the odd glimmer of something decent happening, only for it to go back to the same old format, repetitive storylines, and on a 3 hour Raw, if you fast forward all of the interview segments, you can watch it in around an hour.

To be honest, give me the 80s through to the end of the attitude era over any of the recent stuff. 

They need to change something soon, otherwise they'll lose a large cross section of the audience.

Trying to rehash attitude era storylines in a PG environment also doesn't work. The latest 24/7 title is a modern day hardcore championship which is just a joke.

Attitude Era >>>

Sky losing another thing yet will no doubt put the subs up still. That’s Champs League, rugby union, FA cup and now this. Before long they’ll just have PL and F1

44 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

heard sky dropped it cause of the ratings

Probably, fair to say the whole WWE brand is not doing well even stateside atm.

I used to watch it when it was the Rock, Triple H, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Dudley Boyz, Rakishi and Scotty too hotty- not sure if that’s the attititude era people have said, but it was great back then.

The right balance between funny moments, fighting and a story line you could follow.

Archived