IGNORED

WWE

phantom

Main Roster WWE is really bad at the moment. It's reflected in the ratings. It's almost as if you have a 73 year old writing it... they have an absolute tonne of talent which they are wasting in a Man City/Chelsea style hoarding of talent so no-one else can use them. But they also recently signed a $1 BILLION TV deal with Fox for their second brand, so don't feel too bad for them. 

However their third brand/"developmental" NXT is one of the best (if not the best) promotions in the world alongside New Japan and (hopefully) AEW.

32 minutes ago, grifty said:

I used to watch it when it was the Rock, Triple H, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Dudley Boyz, Rakishi and Scotty too hotty- not sure if that’s the attititude era people have said, but it was great back then.

The right balance between funny moments, fighting and a story line you could follow.

100% agree the attitude era in the 90s/00s was brilliant. Fans used to go mad for the wrestlers, storylines and big matches. Off the top of my head the infamous 'Hell in a Cell' between Manking and Undertaker, Stone Cold taking on McMahon, Triple H pedigreeing Foley on the thumb tacks and Kane being set on fire.

Tried watching WWE recently and it's just not the same, so watered down, PC, no longer enjoyable. Also sad to see how the company have been forced to 'bring back' some of the attitude era stars for ratings; these poor blokes look knackered now! Shaun Michaels has lost his hair, Undertaker has saggy skin and Jeff Hardy has a dad bod.

I truly feel sorry for the kids of today with the PC-type stuff being rammed down their throats. They will miss out on some great times we had growing up.

• Admin

The cutbacks etc have hit the WWE now...

Superstars and backstage producers were released along with the rest of the company. At this time 20 on-air talent have been released.

We’re not certain if more are to come. We can probably expect it at this point.

WWE news is moving really fast right now. Let’s list the ones that have been announced so far.

ON-SCREEN TALENT

• Drake Maverick
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Zack Ryder
  • Heath Slater
  • Luke Gallows
  • Karl Anderson
  • Rusev
  • No Way Jose
  • Sarah Logan
  • Mike Kanellis
  • Maria Kanellis
  • Aiden English
  • EC3
  • Lio Rush
  • Eric Young
  • Primo Colon
  • Epico Colon
  • Erick Rowan
  • Deonna Purrazzo (NXT)
  • Aleksandar Jaksic (NXT)
  • MJ Jenkins (NXT)
  • Josiah Williams (NXT)
  • Dorian Mak (NXT)
  • Mike Chioda (Referee)

WWE PERFORMANCE CENTER COACHES

• Sereena Deeb
  • Kendo Kashin
  • Ace Steel

PRODUCERS

• Kurt Angle
  • Lance Storm
  • Mike Rotunda (IRS)
  • Sarah Stock
  • Dave Finlay (Fit Finlay)
  • Shane Helms (Hurricane)
  • Pat Buck
  • Shawn Daivari
  • Scott Armstrong
  • Lance Storm

On 18/04/2020 at 00:32, phantom said:

The cutbacks etc have hit the WWE now...

Superstars and backstage producers were released along with the rest of the company. At this time 20 on-air talent have been released.

We’re not certain if more are to come. We can probably expect it at this point.

WWE news is moving really fast right now. Let’s list the ones that have been announced so far.

ON-SCREEN TALENT

• Drake Maverick
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Zack Ryder
  • Heath Slater
  • Luke Gallows
  • Karl Anderson
  • Rusev
  • No Way Jose
  • Sarah Logan
  • Mike Kanellis
  • Maria Kanellis
  • Aiden English
  • EC3
  • Lio Rush
  • Eric Young
  • Primo Colon
  • Epico Colon
  • Erick Rowan
  • Deonna Purrazzo (NXT)
  • Aleksandar Jaksic (NXT)
  • MJ Jenkins (NXT)
  • Josiah Williams (NXT)
  • Dorian Mak (NXT)
  • Mike Chioda (Referee)

WWE PERFORMANCE CENTER COACHES

• Sereena Deeb
  • Kendo Kashin
  • Ace Steel

PRODUCERS

• Kurt Angle
  • Lance Storm
  • Mike Rotunda (IRS)
  • Sarah Stock
  • Dave Finlay (Fit Finlay)
  • Shane Helms (Hurricane)
  • Pat Buck
  • Shawn Daivari
  • Scott Armstrong
  • Lance Storm

Kurt Angle has been re-instated as has Drake Maverick.

During this whole furlough/covid lark I subscribed to the network, if you're into wrestling its worth the 9.99 a month. Tonnes of content!!

I've been going back through Raw episodes and PPVs during the attitude era... 

• Admin
12 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Kurt Angle has been re-instated as has Drake Maverick.

During this whole furlough/covid lark I subscribed to the network, if you're into wrestling its worth the 9.99 a month. Tonnes of content!!

I've been going back through Raw episodes and PPVs during the attitude era...  

I heard that a free version was also released but not seen anything about how to get it

Since going to BT I am left with C5 and Paramount TV highlights

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I heard that a free version was also released but not seen anything about how to get it

Since going to BT I am left with C5 and Paramount TV highlights

I think its a free months trial which you can cancel at anytime, then its 9.99 per month. 

Yeah I wasn't prepared to pay £28 (?) for BT just to watch WWE

On 21/06/2019 at 13:34, grifty said:

I used to watch it when it was the Rock, Triple H, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Dudley Boyz, Rakishi and Scotty too hotty- not sure if that’s the attititude era people have said, but it was great back then.

The right balance between funny moments, fighting and a story line you could follow.

My favourites were Phil 'The Power' Taylor, Adrian 'Jackpot' Lewis and Dennis 'The Menace' Priestly.

On 11/06/2020 at 17:21, Redpool said:

Highly recommend watching Dark Side of The Ring. Shows how f***** up wrestling was in the 80s. 

Wrestlelamias docs on YouTube are worth a gander or listening to Grilling JRs podcast, they've started a new Dark Side of the Podcast which highlights the darker side in the 90s and 00's. Benoit, Owen Harts death and so on... growing up during the attitude era Benoit, Triple H and SCSA were my favourite wrestlers, so at the time it was shock regarding Benoits murder/suicide. 

Whats weird is with the network despite not using his name in segments, he obviously still features prominently on RAW and the PPVs... seems a bit redundant.

Archived