IGNORED

Leeds v WBA

Vincent Vega

West Brom - has Harvey Barnes return to Leicester had an effect?  After tonight P9 W4 D2 L3 Pts14.

I still expect them to make play-offs, but just wondering how crucial he was to Gayle and Rodriguez.  Not seen game tonight though.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

I am absolutely amazed they are still going, must be sort of miracle fitness and conditioning coaching they use. 

LJ better send one of his staff to have a sneaky peek at Leeds' training to find out! :)

16 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Good result for us.

A good result for us is beating Preston.

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm gonna sound like a negative Nigel now, but I don't see the top four as being within reach. For me it's 6th or nothing. 

6th or Nothing - hit for the Small Faces back in the day. :)

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I'm gonna sound like a negative Nigel now, but I don't see the top four as being within reach. For me it's 6th or nothing. 

Agree!

First off I ******* hate Wolves?

If we get at least a point tomorrow I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

If we LOSE (bogey side and all that) it's GAME OVER and the Mental side would have gone and it's a credible top 10 finish!

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

An irrelevant result really although not good to see Leeds in such good form...

I'm pretty sure Leeds will go up automatically.....and hopefully, they can beat Sheff U, Birmingham, PNE and Villa along the way......to help us out.

3 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Because the club run on a 'lucky to be here' 'punching above our weight' attitude rather than the determination that it is where we should be and it is deserved.

need a whole mindset change if we're are to get promoted imo. Psychological as much as it is tactical and technical.

Exactly what I feel. City would like to be promoted to the Prem.

Leeds, WBA, Sheff U, Boro, Derby, Blackburn and several others believe, rightly or wrongly, that it is their divine right to be a Premier League Club.

It's what drives me mad about our Club!

From the Albion site; http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=22979.75

I'm sick of seeing posts regarding 'we have the best squad in this league' probably from the same people that were saying our squad from last year was the best we've ever assembled. Total and utter rubbish. In that Leeds side that played last night I can't see one of our players that would get into their side. The goalkeeper came and caught everything, back four solid as a rock in the centre, we never laid a glove on either of the full backs. Mid field hassles and breaks quickly. Front two always moving and looking for the ball. They gave us a lesson last night. Big Dave take some notes

The alarm bells were ringing post Middlesbrough. For a Pulis team to bag 3 away is almost unheard of. It was a game we dominated, were the better side and just shot ourselves in the foot. Norwich we should have beat as we were the better side. QPR and Villa papered over the cracks. We will be lucky to make top 6. A lot of people who saw those warning signs were shouted down by others.  Maybe we were just being honest and calling it for what it was. Tactically we are just woeful. O'Neill, Wilder and now Bielsa have shown how a good manager can influence. I guess the Board will be motionless while we wave promotion goodbye. Typical W.B.Albion. 

No change in all the years I have follwed from the 50's. Even Ronnie Allen had to pay for Cyrille Regis because the board were so thick.

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Had WBA got 3 points tonight, I wouldn't hold out much hope of catching them.

At this point in the season a couple wins or a couple losses in a row changes everything, if we were at the 5 to 8 games left stage then I would agree but we're not there yet and WBA didn't win. 

Everyone from 4th to 9th seems to be stuttering at the moment with Preston on a good run. Whoever comes out of that first (which looks like boro) will play themselves into a great position for the last 2 playoff places. We arguably should have shut the door on teams with 47 points already but we haven't, this league is so unpredictable I wouldn't be surprised to see Norwich end up the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I'm pretty sure Leeds will go up automatically.....and hopefully, they can beat Sheff U, Birmingham, PNE and Villa along the way......to help us out.

Let’s hope so with one slip up next week...I think Norwich and Sheff u might be top two...

Archived