IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 34

Septic Peg

Morning all!

Ah. Preston. Our unofficial bogey team.

So going back over the head to head stats since the millennium, we've played them 20 times and won just thrice.

06 May 2000 Bristol City v Preston North End L 0-2 League Division 2
29 Sep 2007 Preston North End v Bristol City D 0-0 League Championship
04 May 2008 Bristol City v Preston North End W 3-0 League Championship
29 Nov 2008 Preston North End v Bristol City L 2-0 League Championship
04 Apr 2009 Bristol City v Preston North End D 1-1 League Championship
08 Aug 2009 Preston North End v Bristol City D 2-2 League Championship
16 Jan 2010 Bristol City v Preston North End W 4-2 League Championship
06 Nov 2010 Bristol City v Preston North End D 1-1 League Championship
05 Feb 2011 Preston North End v Bristol City W 0-4 League Championship
30 Nov 2013 Preston North End v Bristol City L 1-0 League One
05 Apr 2014 Bristol City v Preston North End D 1-1 League One
22 Nov 2014 Bristol City v Preston North End L 0-1 League One
11 Apr 2015 Preston North End v Bristol City D 1-1 League One
15 Sep 2015 Preston North End v Bristol City D 1-1 League Championship
12 Jan 2016 Bristol City v Preston North End L 1-2 League Championship
17 Dec 2016 Bristol City v Preston North End L 1-2 League Championship
04 Apr 2017 Preston North End v Bristol City L 5-0 League Championship
21 Nov 2017 Bristol City v Preston North End L 1-2 League Championship
06 Mar 2018 Preston North End v Bristol City L 2-1 League Championship
10 Nov 2018 Bristol City v Preston North End L 0-1 League Championship

In fact, as you can see, our last 6 games against them have all been losses.

Great.

The thing about Preston though is we have a fairly decent band of Prestonians visiting us here, namely @pnefcok but type in @pne and there are fair few Preston related accounts. They also did us a favour, thumping nobodies Swindon in the P.O. final, the same year we won L1. We were all Preston that day, weren't we? Banter thrives against Preston fans and us lot.

Talking of banter...

Just today, Gregor MacGregor (his parents must have hated him something chronic - what a moniker) has done a cut and paste job from the official Preston podcast. Apparently, Callum Robinson doesn't like the idea of losing to us so they go all out to give us a hiding...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/preston-north-end-players-explain-2601542

Unlucky da shit that Callum is on the sidelines with a leg injury. 

Talking of injuries.

Jack Hunt and Weimann are both fit and available for selection. I would imagine Pisano or Bails will start off and Hunt will come off the bench at some stage.

Ben Pearson (MF for Preston) has been a naughty boy and he's in the naughty corner for two whole games. So he'll miss the bants too.

Since the middle of February, Preston have knocked Norwich for six, drawn against fellow historians Forest and most recently, beat Millwall at the Den. 

This won't be a win for us. So if LJ is a tactical genius, I'll say 2-2 draw. Matty Taylor with the assists. 

COYRs!

Unfortunately, when City start a losing run it goes on for several matches, so the omens are not good today. On the other hand, the omens are good, as Preston are on a good winning run, which must come to an end soon. In other words I haven’t a clue as to the result, so I’m going for City win, Preston win, or a draw. 

Just predicting LJ's post match presser buzzwords:

• Streetwise
  • Managed the key moments
  • Pest / Buzzing Bees

If those are being mentioned about our players then we have a good chance.  If he's referring to PNE, then the run continues.

13 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Preston fans forum rates him as very skilful but dim/daft as a brush. Sounds like this year’s Gazza.

Very big tackler, usually bullies our midfielders.

Maenpaa

Hunt Webster Kalas Kelly

Weimann Brownhill Pack O’Dowda

Paterson Diedhiou

I’d go for that. Possibly Taylor in for Diedhiou but feel Diedhiou gives us a plan B if all goes wrong.

1-1.

4 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Very big and dirty tackler, usually bullies our midfielders. Always goes over the top of the ball with follow through.  I really hope someone ‘does him” at some point.

Maenpaa

Hunt Webster Kalas Kelly

Weimann Brownhill Pack O’Dowda

Paterson Diedhiou

I’d go for that. Possibly Taylor in for Diedhiou but feel Diedhiou gives us a plan B if all goes wrong.

1-1.

Well I’m going to take a more positive stance.

Birmingham was our first disappointing performance in a long time. One game. So I think we our overstating our loss of form somewhat.

Personally I think the head-to-head record is little more than a statistical anomaly and has little bearing on the outcome of the game on the day. A match back in 2013 or whenever, with an entirely different set of players, isn’t going to have much influence the result today.

We have a settled side that have frequently shown in the past few months that they know how to play to win games away from home. A couple of defeats doesn’t make that any less true.

That said, I do feel Preston’s style doesn’t suit us.

So, a point would be decent today. But I don’t think a win is out of the question either.  COYR!

I hope Preston have the same conviction about winning this match as many of you  have about losing !

If so , they only have to turn up to claim the three points and won’t take us seriously.

History is for yesterday’s men . We are in the top six on merit and if we play like we have for most of the season we will come away with something.

They are Preston not Man City .

Let’s get into them .

:bruce_h4h:

Archived