IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 34

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I would drop Weimann, he is not doing nearly enough to warrant his place. Rearrange a little and start Semenyo up top with Fammy.

You cant drop Weimann and keep Patterson or O'Dowda in the team Weimann non stop running Pato and O'Dowda don't

Very decent result that.

Kept them quiet in first half, much better than Birmingham and self inflicted to go in one down. Second half, not really dominating, but played some decent stuff and could well have nicked it. 

Preston well organised and know how to win a foul and slow the game down and break it up. Not the greatest game in truth but not far away from another 1-0 second half away win, just need to cut out silly errors. Semenyo looked a handful, and Max did ok. Couple of times we made poor passes in their box, but overall, got to be happy with that. Fammy two in two.Should not forget in it’s way another six pointer, and luckily Derby looking rubbish. Lots of teams still fancying sixth now, but two of our tricky away games gone, and still clear in sixth. 

3 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Derby have the next 4 games at home!! 

Suspect that with the way their fans are feeling, the players would rather have the next 4 away!

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Great point we'll be seeing more of Semenyo in the next few games. Bit worried about Kelly's form and the keeper injury situation.

Kelly was actually having a decent game until that rash challenge, DaSilva was pretty poor when he came on gave the ball away 2 or 3 times leading to Preston breaks.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Kelly was actually having a decent game until that rash challenge, DaSilva was pretty poor when he came on gave the ball away 2 or 3 times leading to Preston breaks.

It’s a real shame as he has done well. As a defender you cannot get a reputation as always having an error in you. 

Having said that, yes he gave away a soft free kick, but our marking from it was at least as much at fault.

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Dasilva looked much better thst Kelly did though, you certainly didnt have your heart in your mouth like you did with Kelly. Shame it didnt work for Kelly again today but it was right to sub him for Dasilva. 

Nice, 0-1 down ht and then 1-1. First half not good but better in second half. Semenyo was good and Famara scored again. Think this will be good. other reults our way and one point away is very good. when Famara gets help our fw play is mutch better. still in top six and the seasons move on. COYR!!!

Didn't go today but sounded as though we got a deserved point. Happy with that against a side we never get anything out of. 

Bonus that Semenyo played well too as we need someone else up there to help Fammy.

Looking forward to Leeds game - will be very tough but we have to look at what QPR did to them.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Dasilva looked much better thst Kelly did though, you certainly didnt have your heart in your mouth like you did with Kelly. Shame it didnt work for Kelly again today but it was right to sub him for Dasilva. 

Don't disagree that it was right to sub him, as Preston players were throwing themselves around to win FKs and Kelly could easily have picked up a second yellow. Do disagree that Dasilva looked better, for me he has been off his game the last few matches. Just a shame that Kelly is too often making daft decisions when generally playing well.

7 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Keeper injury seemed to be calf. Hopefully minor.

Calf was what he was out with when FF came back. So presumably too early coming back. I pulled a calf muscle last year and took 3 months before I stopped limping. But then I'm an old git, not a young pro athlete.

Well I would have taken that before the game, but I also thought we were the better team , even before they scored. Probably a reasonable result, but Semenyo unlucky towards the end. Not the usual complete shit game when playing P NE , and it stops the losing run. Beat Leeds Saturday and it’s a very good point.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey Dave....never heard you give out so much emotion and anger ! 

I just get annoyed that posters give up so early into a game, most of the boo boys came out when we were having our best spell of the game.

Archived