IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 34

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I just get annoyed that posters give up so early into a game, most of the boo boys came out when we were having our best spell of the game.

You don’t have to explain yourself....it was just a shock to see you lose your cool! I always knew there was an emotional furnace in there somewhere!

2 minutes ago, Super said:

He does nothing else but run around a lot.

You can’t tell that from just watching games on a screen....

Sitting on the the train back I'm reflecting on a great battling performance against one of the form sides. They were constantly dangerous, excellent on set pieces. Their subs added pace. We broke well. Just missing the killer pass. Weimann isn't everyone's cup of tea but he adds class and experience and links play well. Semenyo was a revelation. Unlucky not to get the winner. Not been away for a bit. We have impressive vocal support these days. Could prove to be very valuable point. 

Really poor game. Quite why we started with the pace we have on the bench I don’t know. The last ten when we were playing with the pace of nmecha amf barkhuizen we looked a threat.

neither side deserved to win so 1-1 was a fair result. Love the accusations of shithousing but today there was little from either teams although if you look at the yellow card count there was a deliberate attempt to stop us playing which worked.

our season is as good as over. Just need to complete the double of the plastics next week, who believe themselves to be world champions! 

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You don’t have to explain yourself....it was just a shock to see you lose your cool! I always knew there was an emotional furnace in there somewhere!

You can’t tell that from just watching games on a screen....

He offers very little in fairness.

3 hours ago, westonred said:

You cant drop Weimann and keep Patterson or O'Dowda in the team Weimann non stop running Pato and O'Dowda don't

Weimann does do a lot of running around but thats it and nothing else. I thought he was poor today 

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Sitting on the the train back I'm reflecting on a great battling performance against one of the form sides. They were constantly dangerous, excellent on set pieces. Their subs added pace. We broke well. Just missing the killer pass. Weimann isn't everyone's cup of tea but he adds class and experience and links play well. Semenyo was a revelation. Unlucky not to get the winner. Not been away for a bit. We have impressive vocal support these days. Could prove to be very valuable point. 

Have a good journey back !

Good result today I thought. Not a bad performance either in horrible conditions away to a Preston in good form. Think broadly speaking a fair result.

Great to see the impact of Semenyo off the bench,  nearly proved the match winner as well but for Rudd's save. Diedhiou battled well and got his reward. Having to take off Kelly for fear of a 2nd yellow was a shame but a necessary evil and O'Leary did fine on his first appearance since Reading away was it. Maybe one more change made out of choice rather than necessity could have tipped the balance.

Nonetheless, a point at Preston and we have stopped the rot. Feel like it's a big point in the context of the season.

Think is the kind of game we would have lost last season too- especially with the setbacks referred to above.

6 hours ago, Super said:

He offers very little in fairness.

If you watched Weimann ‘live’ rather than just on a screen you’d see what he offers off the ball in the context of a game.

For you to dismiss him so readily when you only watch our games on screens is unfair, if you watched our games ‘live’ you’d get it....

Guess the 90s film:

"Sometimes when you win, you actually lose. Sometimes when you lose, you actually win. And sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose..."

Well, this draw feels like a win, doesn't it. At 1-0 down and facing a fourth successive defeat, it was bleak. But the psychological boost could help us get back on track.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you watched Weimann ‘live’ rather than just on a screen you’d see what he offers off the ball in the context of a game.

For you to dismiss him so readily when you only watch our games on screens is unfair, if you watched our games ‘live’ you’d get it....

Watched pretty much every home game.

Archived