IGNORED

Where is Semenyo?

bristolcitysweden

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Disappointed he has not been given a chance yet. Is he injured? Personally I would gladly start him over Diedhieu as he is more of "Bobby". Our best football last season was played with Diedhieu injured and Bobby alone on top.

Semenyo might well be on the bench today at PNE but I doubt he’ll get on as he’s not quite right ready for the type of defensive players he’d be up against.

The gulf in quality between L2 and the Championship is vast and Semenyo and Elsa need time in around the first team set up to acclimatise  to what is very different to what they’ve been use to.

Semenyo will playing in retraining matches against the likes of Baker, Wright, Kalas, Webster et el. That type exposure to top Championship defenders will give the LJ and the coaches some insight into how he’s developing - same with Eisa.

It could ruin either of them by starting them in a league game and they really are simply not ready. Any confidence they may have had would be shot to pieces.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Evidently he has scored goals in League 2 which  Diedhiou has never done .

:yes:

But nor have I, doesn't mean I'm ready for the championship. Diediou, Taylor, Patterson, Palmer have scored goals in the championship which Semenyo hasn't. 

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

When it really mattered at Newport he showed what he is capable of. Given the chance he will easily be one of our top players in a very short time.

Or won't be, how many players have we seen that score goals in L1 and L2 but can't do it regularly in the championship. 

Don't get me wrong I want him to be the next Ronaldo but he needs to work hard to earn his place and scoring goals in L2 is a small part of that not the final tick in the box to say he is ready. 

Wasn’t he basically recalled to integrate into the first team for NEXT season? Think LJ said something along those lines. I imagine he will see minutes at some point especially if we fall out of the top 6 race. 

As for the recall, probably a bit frustrating for him but for Bristol City we are just trying to see if he can be an answer for next season. As a fanbase we should trust the club on this one imo. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Wasn’t he basically recalled to integrate into the first team for NEXT season? Think LJ said something along those lines. I imagine he will see minutes at some point especially if we fall out of the top 6 race. 

As for the recall, probably a bit frustrating for him but for Bristol City we are just trying to see if he can be an answer for next season. As a fanbase we should trust the club on this one imo. 

Spot on, Joe.  Fact he isn’t featuring in the match day squad is neither here nor there.  It’s what he’s doing the rest of the time that really counts.  I think you’re right that he’s being prepared for next season

20 minutes ago, Pezo said:

But nor have I, doesn't mean I'm ready for the championship. Diediou, Taylor, Patterson, Palmer have scored goals in the championship which Semenyo hasn't. 

well considering Semenyo has never played in the Championship if he had scored it would be a miracle.

I understood it that he was brought back for the remainder of the season to work in training to improve. That he kind of peaked where he was and has been brought back to continue to improve with us in training. I don't think there is any intention of him making it on to the pitch this season from the clubs pov. 

If he's not going to play for us this season , then why not leave him at Newport getting game time .

We could have brought him back aftter the season end  and get him accustomed to our playing style in the 2 months pre season.

Personally would like to see him given time this year ,perhaps as an impact sub for Fam /Weimann / Patterson for last 20 minutes etc

As for Mo Eisa  don't get me started. Complete waste of time and money buying him if we don't play him. Ditto sub for Fam for last 15. Not as if Fam is scoring goals for fun is it.

24 minutes ago, chucky said:

I understood it that he was brought back for the remainder of the season to work in training to improve. That he kind of peaked where he was and has been brought back to continue to improve with us in training. I don't think there is any intention of him making it on to the pitch this season from the clubs pov. 

I wouldn’t say that, but he’s gonna have to get past Taylor first, unless he’s gonna get the odd cheap sub appearance.  He has been on the bench, but he’s got some work to do to force himself ahead of other players.

3 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

If he's not going to play for us this season , then why not leave him at Newport getting game time .

We could have brought him back aftter the season end  and get him accustomed to our playing style in the 2 months pre season.

Personally would like to see him given time this year ,perhaps as an impact sub for Fam /Weimann / Patterson for last 20 minutes etc

As for Mo Eisa  don't get me started. Complete waste of time and money buying him if we don't play him. Ditto sub for Fam for last 15. Not as if Fam is scoring goals for fun is it.

I wonder whether Eisa’s recird here has kinda forced this.  Eisa has taken a good while (allegedly) to get used to the City system, one that changed from 442 early season to 4141/4411 in November.

Perhaps LJ wants to start integrating him now, to see how likely he us to be a factor next season and inform either 1) another loan or 2) Be part of the squad and reduce the need to recruit.

Lots of plates spinning.

Slowly but surely having seeing him at bath last season he was outstanding I know you are going to say lower or even non league but the goals he scored especially from corners  the opposition couldn't cope with him  this is something we have needed since flint has left 2 upfront with the right player it could be the new turner taylor 

22 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

One could question said transfer ? Daddy , son and uncle all involved in a transfer of a player for 1.5 mill who cant make a match day squad despite being the second choice striker on paper .....makes u wonder doesnt it .

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

When it really mattered at Newport he showed what he is capable of. Given the chance he will easily be one of our top players in a very short time.

He mainly played as a wide player at Newport. To get into the City team in that position he would have to be better than O’Dowda, Eliasson, Weiman, Paterson and  Adelakun. I think it’s fair to say that , at present, he’s not better than those players. His goal scoring record in league 2 wasn’t wonderful, so it’s also unlikely he’s going to get into the team as a striker. He’s one of the proverbial “one for the future” City players. Some time, but not now 

23 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

One could question said transfer ? Daddy , son and uncle all involved in a transfer of a player for 1.5 mill who cant make a match day squad despite being the second choice striker on paper .....makes u wonder doesnt it .

Eisa is second choice on paper. Taylor is.

He got injured early on and never recovered fully, so always been playing catch up in a squad with a lot of quality that he’s used too. 

I don’t think SL would sanction a player being above rate. 

Archived