IGNORED

Where is Semenyo?

bristolcitysweden

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Wasn’t he basically recalled to integrate into the first team for NEXT season? Think LJ said something along those lines. I imagine he will see minutes at some point especially if we fall out of the top 6 race. 

As for the recall, probably a bit frustrating for him but for Bristol City we are just trying to see if he can be an answer for next season. As a fanbase we should trust the club on this one imo. 

My initial reaction (knee jerk I guess) was like many here,  why bring him back early and then he vanishes off the radar.  No game time in mens real football.  After all he had rave reviews from pundits and managers alike during the Newport cup run.  You would have thought the logic was carry on in L2 gaining experience and next season after a full close season he will be knocking on our first team door.

I have either  read, or been told, that LJ has stated that it will take him 6 months to get up to speed and the standard required and the way we play,  and it  is expected he will be challenging next season. I suppose that makes sense if you think that the fan base as a whole think we need more firepower and we might already have it in the ranks, to save a wedge  of cash on  striker transfers in the summer ?

I suspect we have to trust the management. 

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Disappointed he has not been given a chance yet. Is he injured? Personally I would gladly start him over Diedhieu as he is more of "Bobby". Our best football last season was played with Diedhieu injured and Bobby alone on top.

You’d rather he played instead of Fammy? Well I’ve heard it all now!

Some people talk out their arse!!

1 hour ago, Marlborough Red said:

If he's not going to play for us this season , then why not leave him at Newport getting game time .

We could have brought him back aftter the season end  and get him accustomed to our playing style in the 2 months pre season.

Personally would like to see him given time this year ,perhaps as an impact sub for Fam /Weimann / Patterson for last 20 minutes etc

As for Mo Eisa  don't get me started. Complete waste of time and money buying him if we don't play him. Ditto sub for Fam for last 15. Not as if Fam is scoring goals for fun is it.

Because by coming back he gets an extra 6 months of training with higher quality coaches and players as well as being integrated into our squad and style of play

1 hour ago, Marlborough Red said:

If he's not going to play for us this season , then why not leave him at Newport getting game time .

We could have brought him back aftter the season end  and get him accustomed to our playing style in the 2 months pre season.

Personally would like to see him given time this year ,perhaps as an impact sub for Fam /Weimann / Patterson for last 20 minutes etc

As for Mo Eisa  don't get me started. Complete waste of time and money buying him if we don't play him. Ditto sub for Fam for last 15. Not as if Fam is scoring goals for fun is it.

These guys need exposure to the Championship way of doing things.

Everything is different from L2, starting with the quality of the opposition and quality of the pitches.

Next - the  first team bespoke coaches are non existent in L2, the overnight accommodations are superior and that’s as well the top quality training these guys are taking part in.

They both need time to acclimatise.

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

One could question said transfer ? Daddy , son and uncle all involved in a transfer of a player for 1.5 mill who cant make a match day squad despite being the second choice striker on paper .....makes u wonder doesnt it .

1.5 million for one of the top scorers in his division is peanuts in today’s market.

Your inference is crass , uncalled for and wider than the universe.

It would represent a gamble to start him in ahead of Fam and Taylor. I don’t understand the logic. By all means bring him on as a sub but to start him? No manager would do that unless they had injuries or were rolling the dice. Neither applies to our current situation 

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

My initial reaction (knee jerk I guess) was like many here,  why bring him back early and then he vanishes off the radar.  No game time in mens real football.  After all he had rave reviews from pundits and managers alike during the Newport cup run.  You would have thought the logic was carry on in L2 gaining experience and next season after a full close season he will be knocking on our first team door.

I have either  read, or been told, that LJ has stated that it will take him 6 months to get up to speed and the standard required and the way we play,  and it  is expected he will be challenging next season. I suppose that makes sense if you think that the fan base as a whole think we need more firepower and we might already have it in the ranks, to save a wedge  of cash on  striker transfers in the summer ?

Well what do I know then !?  Wonder if he will get on ?

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Think half a season will serve its purpose in terms of experience. Especially considering the reports of him looking comfortable at that level(and higher in FA Cup games). Then take into account he was being played out of position a lot of the time.

Guess my point is, perhaps enough had been seen of him at that level. That he can compete physically of mens football and now they want to train individual parts of his game for next season like his movement and finishing on top of learning our play style. 

On the bench today and imagine he gets minutes before the season is up. It is not as if we mess about with our young players either. This is the first time we have done something like this so make you think there is more reasoning to it than just having him around for cover

25 minutes ago, pillred said:

did he come on?

Yes, came on in the second half replacing Kelly. 

did he come on?

did he come on?

No idea why that reply was three times? 

Was very good when he came on. Already holds off CBs better than Fam. Actually freed up Fam a bit I thought and he started popping up in different areas of the pitch as a threat. Unlucky as we had a little spell where we could have won it but good point anyway. 

Well ?   wow !  

Gary Owers says strong, young, powerful, looking a right handful and impacted the game.  Looking forward to comments from those who saw it rather than my car and living room, but looks like he has now given LJ a right headache.

Seems like he also freed up Fam.  Great cause for some optimism in the final third.   

5 hours ago, chucky said:

I understood it that he was brought back for the remainder of the season to work in training to improve. That he kind of peaked where he was and has been brought back to continue to improve with us in training. I don't think there is any intention of him making it on to the pitch this season from the clubs pov. 

I'll get my coat ?

Archived