IGNORED

Should we let Semenyo loose against Leeds.

Vincent Vega

I think Semenyo will get a lot of praise for today (and rightly so) but don't need to rush him. What won't be said as much is how much him coming on opened up Fammy's game. A reminder of how good his movement can be with someone up top with him taking up some of the physical work. Got himself into a number of positions and maybe could have been a bit sharper with his finishing. 

If it wasn't leads I might have been tempted to give him a go but better for him to be on the bench in the next one and come on.

9 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Without a doubt he should start.. Might put another thousand on the gate too with our first chance to see him  in action .

Strong bench too with COD , Eliasson or  Taylor  to bring on  upfront if ne tires .

COYR

I don’t think there’s a thousand tickets left to sell!

6 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

On the stream I was watching he did very well and certainly did not look out place. But LJ will probably keep him on the bench.

Double impact subs with Taylor?

No.  Build on the Sem/Fam partnership.  Both can score.

He should, but he won't.  Sadly, Johnson has gone too far with stability and is erring on the side of predictability.

I know I bang on about this , but yet another poor first half and a game we have had to chase. 

If we let Leeds get their snouts ahead  on Saturday,  we'll be looking at a big, fat null points.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Thought him and Fammy looked pretty good together.

Always wary of building players up to much based on a second half sub appearance, but looked very comfortable and made things happen. Our shooting is pretty poor at the moment, and he forced a really good save. Bit like Palmer might be best as a sub to make a difference, but if he is up for it, would be nice to occasionally start with two up front at home.

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He should, but he won't.  Sadly, Johnson has gone too far with stability and is erring on the side of predictability.

I know I bang on about this , but yet another poor first half and a game we have had to chase. 

If we let Leeds get their snouts ahead  on Saturday,  we'll be looking at a big, fat null points.

Agree lets start on the front foot, we can always take him off if he tires, but for me should start up front with Fammy.

I'd drop Weimann because for all his running there is little end product.

9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Thought him and Fammy looked pretty good together.

Always wary of building players up to much based on a second half sub appearance, but looked very comfortable and made things happen. Our shooting is pretty poor at the moment, and he forced a really good save. Bit like Palmer might be best as a sub to make a difference, but if he is up for it, would be nice to occasionally start with two up front at home.

I can't believe we're still playing 1 up top at home so easy to defend and let's the opposition get a foot hold in midfield as Birmingham did tuesday. I've only seen us once dominate a game the whole 90mins at that was Swansea says alot about are play. I'd certainly start FD and AS against Leeds and put them on the back foot or will get punished. 

Came on and from what I saw from the stream I was watching held up the ball very well and linked up with others , aswell as the shots! But for him to start you have to drop Cod or Paterson, Neither which I would want to drop against a in form Leeds. I think Cod could get some joy out of Ayling even though didn't have the best game today.

2 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

I've only seen us once dominate a game the whole 90mins at that was Swansea says alot about are play.

Really? I think it says a lot about the Championship, and what a hard league it is. 

We’re just not going to dominate any matches for 90 mins. It’s unrealistic to think otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Came on and from what I saw from the stream I was watching held up the ball very well and linked up with others , aswell as the shots! But for him to start you have to drop Cod or Paterson, Neither which I would want to drop against a in form Leeds. I think Cod could get some joy out of Ayling even though didn't have the best game today.

No you don't, drop Weimann.

Ive come round to the 'keep it tight' way of playing now at home. Its been pretty boring so far, but we're in the top six so results now are more important for me. We all saw how changing things against brum, going with a more attacking look ended up. So id play our normal familiar formation, then switch it up in the last half hour with semenyo.

Go 3 up front against Leeds Fam, MT and Semenyo, hit it long and let Leeds handle a direct approach 

Pretty sure MT will wind up their defence and cause chaos and Semenyo can be our surprise package 

if we try and play through Leeds then it will play into their hands, needs a similar performance to the Sheffield Utd game

7 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Go 3 up front against Leeds Fam, MT and Semenyo, hit it long and let Leeds handle a direct approach 

Pretty sure MT will wind up their defence and cause chaos and Semenyo can be our surprise package 

if we try and play through Leeds then it will play into their hands, needs a similar performance to the Sheffield Utd game

Interesting view

49 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Yes. I can see this being a theme in training this week!...It’s a risk, but there it is, its the time of the season to have a go.

352 when attacking 532 when defending. 

As for Lloyd Kelly he did well today. I can’t understand anyone saying he was lousy. He got taken off because of the booking and we have a ready made replacement on the bench...If NM had not got injured I think we may have won, but there we are. Get the tough luck over with now...Capacity crowd next week, that will be fun!

Archived