IGNORED

Should we let Semenyo loose against Leeds.

Vincent Vega

6 minutes ago, eardun said:

I wasn’t expecting him to be playing on the left wing. He normally plays centre forward doesn’t he? He looked a bit lost there to be fair (including for their goal).

Didn't he play there a lot when out on loan?

I'm not really sure why anyone would think playing a traditional front two is even an option; it's just not LJs style, is it? Even when we had Abraham and Kodjia one was moved out wide. An occasional Djuric Taylor combination is the only time we've done it, and that was generally only parts of games if I remember right. 

5 minutes ago, Judda said:

Didn't he play there a lot when out on loan?

I don’t know. He didn’t look comfortable in that position to me. In addition LJ said before the match that he is the best in our squad at holding up the ball with his back to goal; good qualities for a centre forward. I just thought that if he was going to be picked, he would be playing in a two with Fam (or instead of Fam). That said, I would have had him on the bench again v Leeds. He’ll learn from the experience though so there are some positives.

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

I don’t know. He didn’t look comfortable in that position to me. In addition LJ said before the match that he is the best in our squad at holding up the ball with his back to goal; good qualities for a centre forward. I just thought that if he was going to be picked, he would be playing in a two with Fam (or instead of Fam). That said, I would have had him on the bench again v Leeds. He’ll learn from the experience though so there are some positives.

Totally agree. Just saying that he's played there a fair bit. 

In hindsight , it was the wrong choice and going by our earlier thread on AS , not one that most of the fans would have made . Chucking him in from the start in front of a full house against the 2nd best team in the league is too big an ask considering he wasn’t considered to be ready to start against Preston or Birmingham. Couldn’t believe he came out for the 2nd half and was really concerned the lad would pick up a red card ! 

Archived