IGNORED

Kelly.

BCFC Rich

3 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Kelly better defensively but I want my full backs to bomb forward kelly doesn’t offer this dasilva does I think he is quality

Kelly does get forward and he has an excellent cross on him too.

By playing a 4411 your not going to be instructing your full backs to bomb forward.

48 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I think missing a friendly against Brislington is excusable!!

I don't remember the Boro game so apologies.

That said, if he is a CB, shouldn't we be playing him there - he is having a patchy spell at LB right now?

Part-timer!!!! ?

Kelly is a center back first, it has been stated a 1000 times, he has played there for us and England. However we have Kalas and Webster there Baker and Bailey Wright in reserve.

Kelly is versatile and is able to play very well anywhere at the back and get forward when required. He had a decent game covering all over our defence. The foul he conceded was down our right as he was covering from the left. We conceded the goal because the marking of the runner was close to non-existent.

Why people even argue any of this is ridiculous. The boy is a very good player, there is no other comment to make. My god he even trained with the full England squad...!

It will be interesting to see what position England U21 plays him...Center Back I suspect. A visit to AG for that game could be an education for some.

Why knock the lad.He plays for the club we all support.

When we all started our first jobs were we as great/ productive?

We probably all learnt as we went along listening and progressing until we all became ceo,s in multi nationals !

Did we ####

Give him a break/ I thinks it’s great we have Da Silva and Kelly sharing the load and learning their trade.

I’m not slating Lloyd I just think dasilva is a better option at the moment with the confidence he has at present. Lloyd was keeping Jay out the team for half a season with his form so swings in roundabouts I would love LK to be with us for the next 10 years but football is not all sparkles and rainbows and it’s all a learning curve for every young  professional.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 20:24, Up The City! said:

Kelly does get forward and he has an excellent cross on him too.

By playing a 4411 your not going to be instructing your full backs to bomb forward.

Yes you would frequently. City play 4-1-4-1 frequently. In either formation if your full backs do not push up that's a five and a five. Fiv offensive. Five defensive. Players have to go forwards and join in or you will always be outnumbered. Playing 4-1-4-1 creates shapes where both full backs can join in and the holding midfielder sits in and it becomes 3-6-1 etc in possession. Pushing full backs on creates better (generally) passing angles v being flat.

On 02/03/2019 at 17:11, BCFC Richard said:

People seem to want to always have a scape-goat and for whatever reason Kelly is it at the moment. 

Pato was "it" a couple of months ago (but has improved), then it was Fammy (but hes scored a few), so now it is time to find another one. Step forward Kelly who has made a few mistakes, yet has generally been quality for us this season given his age and experience. 

Give it time and "it" will soon be someone else.

Kelly will come good again, all youngsters have blips like this, the best come through them. He will still be a top player with a season or two.

As for Dasilva, the greatest compliment to him was paid by Birmingham who clearly saw that stopping him coming forward and pressuring with two or sometimes three players would stifle the whole team.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:11, BCFC Richard said:

As a pre-empt for some of the ridiculousness in the matchday thread. Just wanted to say he was back and was really solid other than the mistimed tackle for the free kick. Was really solid and looked good. People seem to want to always have a scape-goat and for whatever reason Kelly is it at the moment. 

He is one of our own, young and lacks experience but he has had a remarkable season and doesn't need knocking down - we should be proud we are producing this caliber of player and support him even when he has a poor game (which he definitely didn't today!).

Not sure he is being made a scapegoat. COD seems to be filling that position quite well at the moment

Comparisons between Da Silva and Kelly are only natural, but they aren't the same at all. I happen to prefer Da Siva. What frustrates the hell out of me with Kelly is the general tempo of his game - slow and laboured. He is closed down too quickly, fails to spot team mates runs and seems to have reverted to sideway and backwards passing. If he can just quicken things up and get back to what we all saw earlier on in the season ie bombing on and whipping in decent crosses. Sometimes, the 'he's one of our own' tag doesn't help

Archived