IGNORED

Rule Change For Next Season

RedRobin91

5 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

No problem , bar bs3 apology accepted.

I wasn’t apologising. I didn’t say it wouldn’t happen, I just said I would be surprised and could see the point of it. 

I know the rule infuriated you, which is your prerogative, but you’ve got to admit, the reasoning given is rather bizarre and non existent..! 

Not really i play the game and have always thought it slows the game down , you can counter atttack quickly with the ball put on the line and tapped to an outfield player. You took it upon yourself as you always do to mock me , then ended with egg on your face ,no drama though pal onto the next topic.

If the ball doesn't have to leave the area now, does that mean that the opposing team can now stand 10 yards from the ball in an attempt to block or disrupt the kick?

I understand that if the kick is taken on the 6 yard line this will only be 2 yards inside the area, but that could still put the kicker off.

4 minutes ago, 42nite said:

If the ball doesn't have to leave the area now, does that mean that the opposing team can now stand 10 yards from the ball in an attempt to block or disrupt the kick?

I understand that if the kick is taken on the 6 yard line this will only be 2 yards inside the area, but that could still put the kicker off.

The opposing team must be outside the box.  

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d genuinely be interested to hear what the basis of that decision was..! 

Infact it’s hard to think of many situations where a keeper would choose to play the ball to a player inside his own 18 yard box, from a goal kick. I really can’t see it happening very much. 

It will happen very frequently.

Its an easy way to retain possession by passing to a player who cannot be marked initially. Teams split their centre backs and drop the holding midfield in. Now they can drop the CB's into the box and not be marked creating easier passing angles.  

England ladies did the above v Spain.  

13 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The opposing team must be outside the box.  

It will happen very frequently.

Its an easy way to retain possession by passing to a player who cannot be marked initially. Teams split their centre backs and drop the holding midfield in. Now they can drop the CB's into the box and not be marked creating easier passing angles.  

England ladies did the above v Spain.  

Will be interesting to see how that’s adopted, if at all. 

Just seems like a nonsense change to me, to a situation that’s never a problem. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Will be interesting to see how that’s adopted, if at all. 

Just seems like a nonsense change to me, to a situation that’s never a problem. 

I agree with your sentiment as I can only recall once and that was in a non league game somebody wasting time by not allowing the ball outside of the box at a goal kick. 

For some teams its a bonus. Splitting centre backs can be marked and pressed at the edge of the 18-yard box for goal kicks. Now they cannot be marked and pressing them will become harder. If your good on the ball it creates easy possession to build from with numerical superiority. 

Can see the reasoning behind this new rule re handballs, but I’m not a fan, (hypothetically) say last game of the season we’re in the last min of injury time, corner comes in, goal mouth scramble ensues, a defender attempts to smash the ball clear yet it hits a City players arm who’s a yard infront of it and has no chance whatsoever to get out of the way, ball goes in, yet the Ref (probably Scott Duncan) spots it and has to disallow it? 

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Can see the reasoning behind this new rule re handballs, but I’m not a fan, (hypothetically) say last game of the season we’re in the last min of injury time, corner comes in, goal mouth scramble ensues, a defender attempts to smash the ball clear yet it hits a City players arm who’s a yard infront of it and has no chance whatsoever to get out of the way, ball goes in, yet the Ref (probably Scott Duncan) spots it and has to disallow it? 

Don’t...!!!!! 

Archived