IGNORED

Lucky yesterday.

Desso

3 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Well he’s offside - it’s not miles offside. But we’ve had goals disallowed in other games incorrectly so not really lucky over the season. 

Of course we were lucky as are all teams who benefit by infringements that aren't picked up. Not complaining though.

48 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

You missed the point - over the season we have lost out on other decisions. Levels out so overall not lucky.

I didn't miss the point at all. In my opinion, Fammy was offside and it wasn't given, so lucky! What has happened in the past is irrelevant.

21 minutes ago, Desso said:

I didn't miss the point at all. In my opinion, Fammy was offside and it wasn't given, so lucky! What has happened in the past is irrelevant.

But overall over season luck evens itself out so not irrelevant.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Don’t even think he was offside ! 

He was.

25 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Watch the highlights?!

18 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Didn’t watch the highlights with an in line angle. Will try to find one. Any links?

I can only find highlights that are at an inconclusive angle 

The players either end of the 6 yard box both look like they could be playing him on, as Dave says you can't tell from a camera on the halfway line.

He MAY have been offside - and the penalty against QPR was ‘dubious ‘ at best - so that’s 4 ‘lucky’ points, but Weimann has had 3 goals at least wrongfully disallowed for ‘offside’. I can’t remember which games, so I don’t know if they were defeats we should have drawn or draws we should have won, but I bet there were points for us that we missed out on - probably more than 4 - and that’s just ONE player’s disallowed goals - there have, as others have stated on here,  occasions when the opposition have scored offside goals against us - or had penalties that should not have been given. 

We are well overdue some luck. 

Maybe just maybe this is OUR season, with the other results as well......... dare to dream!!!!!

2 hours ago, Desso said:

Just watched the highlights and Fammy looks well offside for his goal.

“Well offside”...?

An inch or 2. Maybe, although are to tell if either of the defenders might be level, from the camera angle view. 

6C4EB4A6-F673-4DCD-BC75-31ECC1246F08.png

33 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Didn’t watch the highlights with an in line angle. Will try to find one. Any links?

I can only find highlights that are at an inconclusive angle 

Dave, you've got the goal line and the six yard box. I've watched it on a loop for a minute. I'd say the only player that could be playing Fammy onside is their number 8. Fammy is coming out to meet the ball as the no 8 drops off, and I agree with the consensus that on the balance of the evidence available Fammy is offside when Pack heads the ball. But angles are a funny thing, and I agree that what we have is not good enough to be conclusive. And if the ball touched the defender competing for the ball with Pack, then there's not even an offside decision to be made. Anyway, all that matters is the opinion of the referee and linesman and they were as happy with it, as were the rest of us ;)

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Dave, you've got the goal line and the six yard box. I've watched it on a loop for a minute. I'd say the only player that could be playing Fammy onside is their number 8. Fammy is coming out to meet the ball as the no 8 drops off, and I agree with the consensus that on the balance of the evidence available Fammy is offside when Pack heads the ball. But angles are a funny thing, and I agree that what we have is not good enough to be conclusive. And if the ball touched the defender competing for the ball with Pack, then there's not even an offside decision to be made. Anyway, all that matters is the opinion of the referee and linesman and they were as happy with it, as were the rest of us ;)

Do you know who did have a good angle to tell if he was offside...?

The Linesman. 

Case closed..! 

Preston fan spending a Sunday morning reading the opposition forum..... better than listening to Brexit rubbish on the tv!  I thought Bristol City were the best team we have seen at Deepdale this year and with a bit better shooting should have won.  Not sure about the offside I would say possibly but difficult to for the linesman to tell I think from his postion!  You get the luck sometimes and I think yesterday you deserved it.  Good luck for the push to the play offs.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

“Well offside”...?

An inch or 2. Maybe, although are to tell if either of the defenders might be level, from the camera angle view. 

Certainly looks well off there. Oh well....

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

He MAY have been offside - and the penalty against QPR was ‘dubious ‘ at best - so that’s 4 ‘lucky’ points, but Weimann has had 3 goals at least wrongfully disallowed for ‘offside’. I can’t remember which games, so I don’t know if they were defeats we should have drawn or draws we should have won, but I bet there were points for us that we missed out on - probably more than 4 - and that’s just ONE player’s disallowed goals - there have, as others have stated on here,  occasions when the opposition have scored offside goals against us - or had penalties that should not have been given. 

We are well overdue some luck. 

Maybe just maybe this is OUR season, with the other results as well......... dare to dream!!!!!

Agreed . 

The Wolves player controlled the ball with his hand before scoring against us it was blatant.

1 hour ago, White boy said:

Preston fan spending a Sunday morning reading the opposition forum..... better than listening to Brexit rubbish on the tv!  I thought Bristol City were the best team we have seen at Deepdale this year and with a bit better shooting should have won.  Not sure about the offside I would say possibly but difficult to for the linesman to tell I think from his postion!  You get the luck sometimes and I think yesterday you deserved it.  Good luck for the push to the play offs.

Thanks for your kind comments.

I think what is most significant about the "offside" goal is that your Preston players hardly appealed for it.  There is a half raised arm by one player and that is it.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

“Well offside”...?

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Do you know who did have a good angle to tell if he was offside...?

The Linesman. 

Case closed..! 

Thank you!!

Archived